Roast Umpires rigging the competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Last 5 or so seconds, but they don't show the whole thing, just Selwoods retaliation, so I guess we'll never know. Hmm :think:

Funny how they had such clear footage of that, yet when Selwood supposedly whacked Guerra behind the play a few years ago they only had grainy footage which didn't show anything. :think:

They refuse to show anything earlier - question is why won't they show anything earlier because they have like a dozen odd cameras focused on the ground so surely there is footage of what actually occurred or if it was made public will it make the call look even more s**t because it would mean having to acknowledge they punished the retaliator & not the instigator?
He was coming off the ground and 2 Melbourne players made a beeline towards him with shoving actions. Scott admitted he was on edge and they should have ent out a message for him to cool down. Melbourne were quicker to take advantage than we were to calm him down. Either way mistakes on our end

I don't think there's any sort of league-wide conspiracy or deliberate bias from umpires individually, that sounds like whinging to me and I think we are better than that!! Yes, Melbourne did get the rub of the green in the first quarter, maybe they were just lucky or the crowd influenced decisions, so where were all our supporters!? We can't have filled more than half of our allocation!! Anyway the Demons outplayed us.. the umps might've put the nail in our coffin but our corpse was already in it!!!! Bigger issues to worry about I think- like why can we neither handle pressure nor apply it!!

Wow, just watched the Selwood reversal for the first time. That’s a very dodgy call by the umpire. I think you could confidently say that if the Melbourne captain did the same thing running off the field that there would not have been a reversal. It’s so disappointing that the umpires can have such an impact and ruin a game.

Wow, just watched the Selwood reversal for the first time. That’s a very dodgy call by the umpire. I think you could confidently say that if the Melbourne captain did the same thing running off the field that there would not have been a reversal. It’s so disappointing that the umpires can have such an impact and ruin a game.

Correction. That’s a little paranoid of me implying that it’s a conspiracy. I just wonder if Selwood’s anger and demeanour that day influenced the umpire to pay a soft free kick.

I don't think there's any sort of league-wide conspiracy or deliberate bias from umpires individually , that sounds like whinging to me and I think we are better than that!! Yes, Melbourne did get the rub of the green in the first quarter, maybe they were just lucky or the crowd influenced decisions , so where were all our supporters!? We can't have filled more than half of our allocation!! Anyway the Demons outplayed us.. the umps might've put the nail in our coffin but our corpse was already in it!!!! Bigger issues to worry about I think- like why can we neither handle pressure nor apply it!!
Makes sense :rolleyes:

The earth is flat, man didn’t land on the moon, 9/11 was a stitch up and the Libs will win the next election.

Whoever agrees with the premise of this thread probably lists The Bachelor, The Block and My Kitchen Rules as must watch TV.
or even worse lists Gogglebox watching The Bachelor, The Block and My Kitchen Rules as must watch TV.

I find it embarrassing that anyone who is not a Cats supporter could come to our board and read this garbage but hey all clubs have supporters like these.

The cats got belted - and the only reason we weren't done by 70+ was because the dees couldn't hit the side of a barn and probably put the queue in the rack in the last 10 minutes.

Honestly these are the sort of people who rate Q-anon as anything other than some pimply nerd stroking himself behind a keyboard!

Last edited:
Was he on a grassy knoll?. Honestly I wish there was a dislike button!
If it gets you so worked up how about ******* off instead of insulting those that have posted on here.

No one is blaming the umpires for the loss, but hey I look forward to another rant from you when you insult everyone with a different view on the umpiring in 1st quarter.

If it gets you so worked up how about ******* off instead of insulting those that have posted on here.

No one is blaming the umpires for the loss, but hey I look forward to another rant from you when you insult everyone with a different view on the umpiring in 1st quarter.
No-one is blaming the umpires for the loss? are you serious? Have you read the quotes in this thread?
Try to be objective, open the other eye!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ease up on the keyboard! You might need those fingers for pointing angrily at your tv screen.
Not sure if you've carefully read my posts but I don't think I'm the one getting upset. What's the worst I have said? that I wish there was a dislike button?

I don't like seeing supporters saying the umpires contributed to the result. Fact is the Cats were belted once again by a side willing to apply more pressure as a team than they were.

I just believe being gracious in defeat is a more endearing quality than bashing those officiating. Sure there may be a couple of 50/50 decisions that went against us but I saw nothing that can often go our way in this or other games.

Not sure if you've carefully read my posts but I don't think I'm the one getting upset. What's the worst I have said? that I wish there was a dislike button?

I don't like seeing supporters saying the umpires contributed to the result. Fact is the Cats were belted once again by a side willing to apply more pressure as a team than they were.

I just believe being gracious in defeat is a more endearing quality than bashing those officiating. Sure there may be a couple of 50/50 decisions that went against us but I saw nothing that can often go our way in this or other games.
OK. For what it's worth, I agree 100% with the bolded.

No-one is blaming the umpires for the loss? are you serious? Have you read the quotes in this thread?
Try to be objective, open the other eye!
I would suggest you haven’t read the thread properly not surprising see you have jumped the gun and acted like a hero bashing those with a different view on the umpiring than yourself.

I suggest you re read what you have posted, try and open up your own eyes

read this garbage

anything other than some pimply nerd stroking himself behind a keyboard

Yeah you’re not writing anything offensive are you

Get a clue

I would suggest you haven’t read the thread properly not surprising see you have jumped the gun and acted like a hero bashing those with a different view on the umpiring than yourself.

I suggest you re read what you have posted, try and open up your own eyes
Cheers for your objective view - have a nice day!

Has anyone seen footage of what led up to Selwood giving away that free?
There's a bit of extra footage and a chat with Chris Scott about the incident on around the 27 minute mark of this episode of 360.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back