Roast Umpires thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually thought the other two umpires were OK. With O'Gorman, the Club needs to put a video package together and discuss it with the Umpires Department and Hocking. I don't believe in a systemic conspiratory against Richmond either by the League or the umpires but when issues like yesterday's arise they need to be addressed directly. If it can be shown that O'Gorman has a bias against Richmond, or any other Club for that matter, he needs to be moved on as it compromises the integrity of the entire umpiring community.

We get absolutely creamed where holding the ball is concerned. They refuse to pay us the frees when we tackle a bloke holding the ball. Every week it’s a case of “Oh Richmond are doing their tackling thing again” with the umpires. Meanwhile the opposition get the same frees when the situation arises.

That’s one of the key reasons why we get flogged on the free kick differential every year. The holding the ball decisions.
so if a game is close and we dont get those, and the other team does and they win by say 3 points, its the umpires fault

dont understand why the club is not allowed to complain lol

its like we have to swallow the fact that we dont get your everyday free kicks. i dont get it ? how can it be

I'd be very disappointed if a phone call has not been made to the umpires department yet this morning.

O'Gorman shouldn't be umpiring again this season. That kind of umpiring costs teams games.

Agree that the other 2 umpires appeared to have decent games.

They dropped Eleni Goulfas last round. I'll await with interest the umpires appointments for this week's round. Bet we get Ray Chamberlain, who I actually don't mind. At least he has the integrity to admit to making mistakes.

so if a game is close and we dont get those, and the other team does and they win by say 3 points, its the umpires fault

dont understand why the club is not allowed to complain lol

its like we have to swallow the fact that we dont get your everyday free kicks. i dont get it ? how can it be

Richmond is a victim free zone Shazza. If we see a problem, it's up to us to address it head on.

I actually thought the other two umpires were OK. With O'Gorman, the Club needs to put a video package together and discuss it with the Umpires Department and Hocking. I don't believe in a systemic conspiratory against Richmond either by the League or the umpires but when issues like yesterday's arise they need to be addressed directly. If it can be shown that O'Gorman has a bias against Richmond, or any other Club for that matter, he needs to be moved on as it compromises the integrity of the entire umpiring community.
Hocking talking to Gil now about recommending O’Gorman for every Richmond game.

Its probably already been said, but that number 10 reemed us pretty yesterday. Disgraceful.

Yes, anyone whos 4 ft 11, has rounded shoulders and looks like a construction worker from the Flintstones is going to be an easy target as an ump, but jesus christ.

Gorman isnt it?
laughing.gif

Surely they can't give the tick of approval to that decison for Walters for Freo for a block. Then the even up against Pierce I think for holding the ball when players have been getting away with throwing the pill out all season and he was wrapped up immediately.
Defenders getting pinged for holds and pushes, where if a forward does it, play on.... sometimes!!

The game has always had inconsistencies and mistakes, but it's becoming farcical how random the decisions are. This season is becoming a joke. The umps are deciding games nearly every week now with poor decisons.Still, I think we can blame the clown Hocking for the debacle .
funny how hocking is running the show and now the cats are getting kissed on the dick...

It seems this year we are continually getting the rough end of the stick...

We didn't deserve to win on the weekend but if the umps do their job correctly we win anyway....

I thought it couldn't get any worse after the #freekickbulldog game but boy was I wrong.

so have the umpires come out and said they got the Caddy disallowed match costing goal wrong yet ?

#bringbackgroupie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How our game was umpired was a joke.
I’ll happily sit down with the rules committee and explain how they get it wrong week after week after week.
Holding the ball and incorrect disposal are way wrong and broken. Do away with prior opportunity, you get tackled and the ball sticks to you then it’s holding the ball. No grey area and fixed. Do away with incorrect disposal if the ball spills out in a tackle, just play on because they can’t get it right. You got to make rules that can be umpired.

As is the 50mtr penalty for incidents that do NOT effect ball movement and game play. You want to pay a 50 mtr penalty? Pay it on something Serious!
Oh he stole a hanky - let’s give him the death penalty- that is where the afl is with the 50 mtr penalty at the moment.

Number 10 ump yesterday was the biggest campaigner of a ******* ump I've seen since Deboy in 2017. ******* wanka.
Deboy was emergency umpire im surprised he didn't come on at half time
If he did we would have been stuck on 2 free kicks for the whole game

I didnt watch the Game Sunday or listen to radio , but the umps can get ******. :)

We were there and were contemplating leaving just before half time. 12 frees to 2, and watching Lynch being held, arms chopped and blocked was just deplorable. It was not "umpiring", it was "cheating". It was a disgrace. It has never been this bad, or obviously bias.

We were there and were contemplating leaving just before half time. 12 frees to 2, and watching Lynch being held, arms chopped and blocked was just deplorable. It was not "umpiring", it was "cheating". It was a disgrace. It has never been this bad, or obviously bias.
Great post

I had a verbal argument with a Hawks supporter, he was applauding Sicily and calling Lynch a spud. I quickly reminded him that Sicily was the spud and he was holding Lynch. I was also waiting for the umpire to put a stop to it but because Lynch was wearing a Richmond jumper it never came. They are a bunch of cheats and I'm slowly loosing the passion for this once great game.

Lmao can't get over all this crap about umpire abuse on 360. AFL umps are treated liked saints from the players compared to other sports.

AFL needs to stop worrying about keeping the precious ump feeling happy and work on making them better.

I’ll happily sit down with the rules committee and explain how they get it wrong week after week after week.
Holding the ball and incorrect disposal are way wrong and broken. Do away with prior opportunity, you get tackled and the ball sticks to you then it’s holding the ball. No grey area and fixed. Do away with incorrect disposal if the ball spills out in a tackle, just play on because they can’t get it right. You got to make rules that can be umpired.

As is the 50mtr penalty for incidents that do NOT effect ball movement and game play. You want to pay a 50 mtr penalty? Pay it on something Serious!
Oh he stole a hanky - let’s give him the death penalty- that is where the afl is with the 50 mtr penalty at the moment.

mate, I think, in fact, I know they know their calls are wrong most of the time. the real issue is that they clearly have a bias against richmond and umpire accordingly. there is no other possible explanation for the amount of holding the balls, arm chops, illegal blocks and letting players running into the protexted zone free kicks that are not paid to us each and every cocksuckin game. this comes down to the bigger prpblem that they are untouchable and treated as such and are obviously allowed to be biased against us on a consistent basis. it is systematic cheating of the highest order. the stats dont lie. if you broke down when we generally get awarded the majority of our frees in an attempt to cover up the rort it would probably be in the latter half of the game when we have beaten not only our oppo but the umps as well. can you imagine how well we would play if we actually started to get the rub of the green from hockings henchmen?

I don't think the rules are the problem I think that the real problem is that there are umpires that are happy to pay frees to some teams and not others. that is the main problem that i see happening.

I just think the game is over umpired to many on the field to many interpretations to.Don't get me wrong some have no idea umpires, but the buck stops with the afl and rules committee chopping and changing so many times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back