Roast Umpires thread

Remove this Banner Ad

From the GWS the most painful one was the HTB against Soldo just after half-time. In general the new HTB interpretation is awful, it's just a complete lottery every time a player picks the ball up.

What's more astounding is that although numerous ex-players in commentary positions have called for the ball to be thrown up quicker when there is a pack, it's completely ignored by Whateley and co, and was even dismissed during the 2018 state of the game bullshit. It's mindboggling.

They changed the holding the ball interpretation to open the game up. So when you've got 20 guys around the ball, pay a free kick and everyone spreads.

A better way instead of paying htb in ridiculously harsh ways is to be very strict on holding. campaigners are getting the ball with a bloke piggy backing them and the bloke cheating is getting rewarded with a ridiculous htb because the guy playing the ball has no way of getting rid of it.

From the GWS the most painful one was the HTB against Soldo just after half-time. In general the new HTB interpretation is awful, it's just a complete lottery every time a player picks the ball up.

What's more astounding is that although numerous ex-players in commentary positions have called for the ball to be thrown up quicker when there is a pack, it's completely ignored by Whateley and co, and was even dismissed during the 2018 state of the game bullshit. It's mindboggling.
I thought I'd watch the start of the second half. 2 free kicks Ivan for not getting the ball out being tackled by 2 giants. One grabs Soldo & the other grabs Soldo's arm so he can't dispose of it & Dusty for the jumper grab, plain as day.
Shai's free kick against wasn't there. Taranto engaged Shai with his arm, Shai & Taranto fall to the ground.

even FuKen is complaining

crickets from rfc the week before we play the doogs . umps gonna go in dry if we dont complain

The club needs to call out the cheats. O’gorman, Fisher and Ray put the spotlight on them

bump

nothings changed

except during our dynasty we were good enough to beat the umpires and the oppo

if we had pies or blooze umpiring we'd be sitting on top

these campaigner umps rape our club every week

How many times to players throw the ball out of a pack?
I reckon 40% of 'handballs' by a player in a pack are throws.

Was a passage of play in the swans vs Port game where Sydney had three consecutive throws.

Libba had 3 or 4 on his own yesterday and Norton had one in our forwardline with a minute and a half left.

Some teams/players barely even attempt a handball in todays game.

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

How many times to players throw the ball out of a pack?
I reckon 40% of 'handballs' by a player in a pack are throws.
AFL tells umpires to keep the pace fast. If they called the throws then the game would slow down like if they actually called holding the ball properly. They didn't like our game style because it slowed the play down.. so they changed the rules

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL tells umpires to keep the pace fast. If they called the throws then the game would slow down like if they actually called holding the ball properly. They didn't like our game style because it slowed the play down.. so they changed the rules
Now it's just fast LOW scoring games...a real TV spectacle bonanza!
Won't take long for the TV to ask for their money back cos the game is not what it use to be...

I wouldn't mind seeing the free kicks resulting in shots at goal ladder.
carltoon, colonwood , footshite top 3

blooze get like 80% of their goals from soft frees inside 50

those couple of frees to them in the last were unbelievable. I had to watch the Naughton one again and he literally threw himself into the marking contest with no defender touching him and umpire makes a call that he could not have possibly seen. Umpires are not supposed to pay free kicks unless they see them and this was just criminal ! Then Naughton kicks straight for once in his life and celebrates like an absolute idiot after cheating hate his guts.
Then whatever the hell that was against Vlas was a ghastly mistake from the umpire for another goal.
What did we lose by ? Sheesh of course umpires had nothing to do with the result.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back