Drofder

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2014
37.8265° S, 145.0069° E
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, Niners
Like most weeks the calls were terrible and I've been baffled that Rayor still has a gig but I'm also amazed that Gill has a gig as well.

If the umpiring was good on Thursday we'd have lost by 2- 3 goals less. Rarely does it decide a game but frustrates the hell out of me.

Wish the club would just come out and say we don't want Chamberlain doing any of our games and why is the umpiring so s**t and has been for years. Forget the new rules. Get blokes that are capable of doing the job. Most of these nufties can not.

With the Hawks game - the only call I saw that was wrong was the gut punch by Sicily. That was directly a result of the AFL nufties being too lienient in round 1 and being told to crack down on punching in round 2.
Again terrible leadership. Again - Gill the dill and his band of moronic minions

Don’t think its been mentioned by anyone (maybe), but at 3 quarter time on Thursday, Riewoldt and 3 other Richmond players had a long and animated conversation with that Chamberlain ahole. When the siren went out on the Southern Stand side, 50m arc roughly toward the city end, Riewoldt and the others went for a good minute or two with Chamberlain as he walked back to the centre circle. Very agitated was Riewoldt and the others. Lots of finger pointing to different areas around the ground…head shaking etc. Very terse.

When Chamberlain got to the centre circle with his other incompetent co-workers, they also went into a brief animated conversation. One of them looked like he might have given Chamberlain a bit of a “wtf ?” and Chamberlain didn’t look too happy.

How this guy has a job as an AFL umpire is beyond me. He’s drawn more “bad umpiring attention” than anybody else by a mile over the last 10 years - and that’s saying something given the performances of the likes of De Booy, Stevic, Margetts, Nicholls, Fisher, McInerney over that time.

And you can see why he draws so much attention on the field when you hear him off it. That Fox Footy interview with him…you only needed 60 seconds to determine that this guy’s ego is totally out of control and that he just isn’t suitable for the role he’s performing. Guy has a massive chip, massive ego, completely self opinionated…just totally unsuitable.

tigernsw

Premiership Player
Jun 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Don’t think its been mentioned by anyone (maybe), but at 3 quarter time on Thursday, Riewoldt and 3 other Richmond players had a long and animated conversation with that Chamberlain ahole. When the siren went out on the Southern Stand side, 50m arc roughly toward the city end, Riewoldt and the others went for a good minute or two with Chamberlain as he walked back to the centre circle. Very agitated was Riewoldt and the others. Lots of finger pointing to different areas around the ground…head shaking etc. Very terse.

When Chamberlain got to the centre circle with his other incompetent co-workers, they also went into a brief animated conversation. One of them looked like he might have given Chamberlain a bit of a “wtf ?” and Chamberlain didn’t look too happy.

How this guy has a job as an AFL umpire is beyond me. He’s drawn more “bad umpiring attention” than anybody else by a mile over the last 10 years - and that’s saying something given the performances of the likes of De Booy, Stevic, Margetts, Nicholls, Fisher, McInerney over that time.

And you can see why he draws so much attention on the field when you hear him off it. That Fox Footy interview with him…you only needed 60 seconds to determine that this guy’s ego is totally out of control and that he just isn’t suitable for the role he’s performing. Guy has a massive chip, massive ego, completely self opinionated…just totally unsuitable.

I'd need to be held at gunpoint to watch Mike (my son is dickhead just like me) Sheehan let alone Umpire look at me Chamberlain.

Interesting that Jack went off. Surely behind closed doors a few phone calls have been made to HQ.

Punt rd end

67🏆69🏆73🏆74🏆80🏆17🏆19🏆20🏆
Nov 25, 2015
Shane Warne Stand
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL Richmond VFLW AFLW

I'm sure they were sick of getting shafted we only received 1 free kick after half time and there were plenty there to be had

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
No doubt we were bad and umps didn't cost us the game. I'm more angry about the standard of umpiring. Razor is just atop of the incompetent umpires.

Across the board I don't think I've ever seen so many throws in 2 rounds of football. Umps refusing to pay holding the ball.

I just don't get it. It would stop more congestion and open things up but it's like they think it's the opposite. It's batshit crazy if you ask me.

Pay holding the ball. Simples
I remember beams being 360d for like 10secomds , ultimately toe poked a loopy one that fell into treloars arms and goal, absolute bs , up,other end Prestia turned into a brick wall, HTB . What was that incident in goal sq 3/4 time siren , was that a throw that wasn’t called . Piss poor the umpiring to say least

tigernsw

Premiership Player
Jun 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Is it a coincidence that Weakley and the other handbagers from Geelong are trying to turn this into netball.

Sicily even the Yank. FMD! Not even worth a free kick. Go and play soccer ya NTTAWWTtas

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Play on , *en rort
8C80FD0C-6198-4764-8600-D63D50E0C3FD.jpeg

Last edited:

Boston tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2010
Where it all began
AFL Club
Richmond
Agree. And this is where the majority of frees paid against us are coming from. To me, Nank and the defenders are the ones getting pinged for frees against. You'd sort of expect that given their roles, but its the volume of them versus those of the opposition who invariably do the same thing and yet don't get pinged.

I'm almost certain that a couple years ago Clarkson or someone went to the AFL and complained about our defensive tactics especially in contested marking situations.

The differential then takes on its own story because a) we cant get those same interference frees and b) we don't seem to be able to get a holding the ball decision paid to us either. Its always "play on."

Spot on. We went -60 in 2017 ( Clarkson or whoever anyway attention drawn to Richmond ) and in 2018 we go to -120. We cleaned up our act in the defensive marking but the umps can’t move on because at one stage we were targeted.
Squeaky gate gets the oil. Dimma needs to a Clarkson and make some noise.

Drofder

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2014
37.8265° S, 145.0069° E
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, Niners
Spot on. We went -60 in 2017 ( Clarkson or whoever anyway attention drawn to Richmond ) and in 2018 we go to -120. We cleaned up our act in the defensive marking but the umps can’t move on because at one stage we were targeted.
Squeaky gate gets the oil. Dimma needs to a Clarkson and make some noise.

Hear ! Hear ! Red Sox Tiger. And he should dump Clarkson as a mate coz Clarkson is back dooring him big time. Cue back dooring jokes....

Neen

????????????
Jul 1, 2011
Thomastown
AFL Club
Richmond
How is it in ea game this year we ve had a player taken out in a behind the play incident that’s attracted attention of the MRP yet we didn’t get a ****en free kick. Perhaps if these campaigners opened the other eye , we may not have had a 16 free kick deficit

Ironic that it was not a free kick. I guess the excuse was that the umpires were not watching for incidents 40 meters from the general play. Fair enough. So making forceful head high contact off the ball is 100% legit according to Colonwood fanbois and the general footy public. Then run with a media story "soft frees" - with a photo of Cox. Wait a minute, we didn't get a free, remember ? "Soft Frees" - Yea - sums up Colonwood's game. I wanted to leave just before half time, as you could see the level of cheating a mile away.

Back