Roast Umpires thread

Remove this Banner Ad

DoItForCaptBlood

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
Surely they can't give the tick of approval to that decison for Walters for Freo for a block. Then the even up against Pierce I think for holding the ball when players have been getting away with throwing the pill out all season and he was wrapped up immediately.
Defenders getting pinged for holds and pushes, where if a forward does it, play on.... sometimes!!

The game has always had inconsistencies and mistakes, but it's becoming farcical how random the decisions are. This season is becoming a joke. The umps are deciding games nearly every week now with poor decisons.Still, I think we can blame the clown Hocking for the debacle .

partycorolla

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Black Rock
AFL Club
Richmond
I often support the umps and I generally think they do a pretty good job but there were some shockers tonight that made me pretty pissed off.

First of there were a couple of deliberates that were questionable (although probably correct... the kicks off the ground).... one went to us and the other then wasn't paid.

There was one free kick paid by to us but the umpire in control called play on and it took another ump to pay it from a worse position. Both umps had clear line of vision but came up with 2 different interpretations.....

Oh and the holding the ball farce.... after a rundown tackle... crickey. Not their best effort tonight.

As for Lynch getting sucked in.... well that was dumb.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Umpire O'Gorman (#10) had a shocker. Too technical in his calls and no feel for the game. Needs a spell in the VFL, say a decade, to regroup. It's performances like that that give umpires a bad name.
He was sheet and i did'nt even watch the game!

Issuing umpires with numbers is probably the worst decision ever by afl.
Once #10 made that shocker on the wing, he became an easy crowd target......understandably!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they do yes but im talking about the decision making of the umpires, it's terrible. infact i am happy to say that in the lat 30 years that i have been watching football this is the worst i have ever seen it.

Given there is now three of them trying to do what one sometimes did better. That umpires are even allowed to become personalities types upsets me because they should be so neutral we don't even know called the game. I'd rather not even be told who they are.

Umpire O'Gorman (#10) had a shocker. Too technical in his calls and no feel for the game. Needs a spell in the VFL, say a decade, to regroup. It's performances like that that give umpires a bad name.
I have it on good authority from a Tiger who I spoke to today who knows the bloke,he hates Richmond with a passion,I bet the AFL knew also,why they raced him in for today’s match.

The Lynch bs “throw call” then Hawthorn do a double handed volley ball throw which was worse and a whistle is swallowed amd a Hawks goal is scored.

The magnificent textbook tackle by the Tiger on the wing which was given a free kick to Hawthorn,it was cheating in the extreme,that first half.

Cotcho

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
I've said it before but I'll say it again.
Umpires should not be permitted to pay a free kick out of their zone. Not only are they usually wrong, but they hold up the game normally as you can't play on AND if an umpire is worried another umpire might jump in to beat them... They get even more jumpy to save face.
The AFL have made it virtually impossible for the poor bastards. I don't envy them at all.
But limiting umpiring to their respective zones would be a good start.

Power Play

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2017
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
having a lend

how do u explain pies getting throated every week

unnamed.jpg.jpeg

A picture tells a thousand words.

tony__montana

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
I have it on good authority from a Tiger who I spoke to today who knows the bloke,he hates Richmond with a passion,I bet the AFL knew also,why they raced him in for today’s match.

The Lynch bs “throw call” then Hawthorn do a double handed volley ball throw which was worse and a whistle is swallowed amd a Hawks goal is scored.

The magnificent textbook tackle by the Tiger on the wing which was given a free kick to Hawthorn,it was cheating in the extreme,that first half.

Not to mention Dusty's holding the man in the pocket that was unbelievably not paid, and maccas magnificent rundown tackle on the wing that wasnt rewarded either

Drofder

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2014
37.8265° S, 145.0069° E
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, Niners
Not to mention Dusty's holding the man in the pocket that was unbelievably not paid, and maccas magnificent rundown tackle on the wing that wasnt rewarded either

We get absolutely creamed where holding the ball is concerned. They refuse to pay us the frees when we tackle a bloke holding the ball. Every week it’s a case of “Oh Richmond are doing their tackling thing again” with the umpires. Meanwhile the opposition get the same frees when the situation arises.

That’s one of the key reasons why we get flogged on the free kick differential every year. The holding the ball decisions.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
We get absolutely creamed where holding the ball is concerned. They refuse to pay us the frees when we tackle a bloke holding the ball. Every week it’s a case of “Oh Richmond are doing their tackling thing again” with the umpires. Meanwhile the opposition get the same frees when the situation arises.

That’s one of the key reasons why we get flogged on the free kick differential every year. The holding the ball decisions.
1558303825522.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back