Umpires' treatment of Trent Cotchin

Remove this Banner Ad

Was disgusting today. Vince practically tried to make babies with him. Got nothing.
meanwhile we have to put up with watching the AFL pets get away with everything against the Suns tonight.
Discuss.

That incident when he literally got dragged down after multiple dodgy freekicks made the Grog Squad and everyone at the Punt Road end side go beserk. You are a w***er umpire number 10.

Was disgusting today. Vince practically tried to make babies with him. Got nothing.
meanwhile we have to put up with watching the AFL pets get away with everything against the Suns tonight.
Discuss.

Luke Arsey - Watson's having an even better year this year than last year! :rolleyes:

Luke Arsey - Watson's having an even better year this year than last year! :rolleyes:
Wonder if that clueless twat Geischen phoned Hird during the week to tell them they the umps would give them everything?

Discuss.

Can you blame him? I think most of us would do the same if we got within 5 metres of Trent. :D

For the last 4 or 5 games he is getting mauled without much help from the umps( and no criticsims that go lids' way). Great upside but wouldn't mind so video edits to the umps dept.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst I agree Cotchin should've been awarded more free kicks, I think if he's good enough he'll still be able to shake that kind of treatment and win the footy by himself. I saw one incident today where Cotchin went in hard for the ball and there was a collision with another Adelaide player and straight after the bump he put his hand up asking the umps the question and stayed lying on the ground. I didn't rate that. Cotchin of last year would've gotten up straight away and attacked the ball with ferociousness and made another contest. Something didn't seem right about Cotchin today. I hope it's just an off week and nothing major. He hasn't played a game this year yet that has made me sit back and think 'wow'. Last year I reckon he played about five of them.

Not totally in agreement on this one. There were definitely a couple of incidents today when I thought Trent deserved a free and didn't get one, but for the most part I actually have to agree with the masses that if you looked at say the best 18 midfielders league-wide and the ones that cop the heaviest tagging, Cotchin probably ranks among those getting the most frees and is treated among the best.

I won't say that he is favoured by the umps as most of BigFooty and the neutral community will try to argue, but he usually is quite well looked after.

Although I did notice, I'm not surprised, the rules and umpiring are so inconsistent and confusing.

I used to be able to show family and friends from overseas the games and they'd be a bit confused, but they'd end up enjoying it. Now it's like I'm showing them a video of their childhood pet's head being cut off with an axe, they're equally as disgusted as I am, it's just an ugly game to watch these days.

Not totally in agreement on this one. There were definitely a couple of incidents today when I thought Trent deserved a free and didn't get one, but for the most part I actually have to agree that if you looked at say the best 18 midfielders league-wide and the ones that cop the heaviest tagging, Cotchin probably gets the most frees and is treated among the best.

I won't say that he is favoured as most of BigFooty and the neutral community will try to argue, but he usually is quite well looked after.
I think you didn't watch the Geelong game where players resorted to grabbing him (and Vlastuin for that matter) by the feet and pretty much bear hugging him.

Admittedly, that's the only game this year I haven't watched closely.

I'm not saying you guys are wrong, very humbly getting across how I see it. With absolute gun players like your Abletts, Watsons, Judds, Goodes, Cotchins it is a very difficult mix of paying frees when they're unfairly held, and avoiding favouritism and paying soft stuff.

You can definitely view it both ways. At times I've seen frees paid to Trent and been pretty baffled.

Umpiring towards Trent this season has been crap in my opinion. However, his output this season is down on last year and I suspect he is still carrying a knee problem. Not a major one but enough to restrict his output.

Overall, the umpiring today was terrible. I have no problem with the frees Adelaide got, they were all there. What I was jack of was they missed so many our way I had bugger all voice left to sing the song at the end of the match.

Hmm, intriguing post. I for one am whole-heartedly with you, Cotchin should be traded to Essendon. A late 3rd rounder should suffice :thumbsu:
Are you kidding me? Jake Melksham and 3rd round and then we have a deal :rolleyes:

The way Cotch was reacting today I think he is starting to become sick of it too .... If something isn't done his career will be cut short through injuries soon as it will take its toll on his body.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back