Umpires' treatment of Trent Cotchin

Punt_Road_Roar

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2004
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
It's absolute garbage, I am certain without a doubt the umpiring department are nothing but a bunch of cheats, its clear they have reviewed last season and said we give Cotchin too many frees and have done an about face this year. Utter disgraceful the treatment he cops every week.

Looked really downcast tonight. Was weird watching his body language as I've never seen him like that before.

I reckon the combination of whatever injury he's carrying combined with the weight of captaincy and copping a tag may be temporarily getting the better of him. Not getting enough protection only adds to that.

Still fought the game out and kicked a beauty late. Things will turn around and look out when they do.

Oct 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal
for mine cotchin gets the same treatment as most top shelf ball players, he misses out on heaps but also gets a lot of soft ones...

Quoted because this is absolute spot on. Gets man-handled a fair bit but it evens out with a few soft ones, as all the heavily tagged stars get.

Moving on from the umpires...I'm worried a little about Cotchin at the moment. Definitely carrying an injury, looks severely hampered out there. I've got to say to an extent I'm not hugely pleased with this unceasing decision from the coaches box to always play players that have niggles. Its not much fun to see a player of Cotchin's ilk having so little impact.

Having said that, I'd be a lot more worried if we weren't winning so well every week. Will keep half an eye on his progress but the other one and a half is on our performances. Keep it up Tigers.

wart101

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 18, 2006
Under the fridge
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland FC
Quoted because this is absolute spot on. Gets man-handled a fair bit but it evens out with a few soft ones, as all the heavily tagged stars get.

Moving on from the umpires...I'm worried a little about Cotchin at the moment. Definitely carrying an injury, looks severely hampered out there. I've got to say to an extent I'm not hugely pleased with this unceasing decision from the coaches box to always play players that have niggles. Its not much fun to see a player of Cotchin's ilk having so little impact.

Having said that, I'd be a lot more worried if we weren't winning so well every week. Will keep half an eye on his progress but the other one and a half is on our performances. Keep it up Tigers.

He hasn't been bad though either, doing his bit i would still say having very good games but no where near what he was last year, i think he definitely has some sort of injury, hasn't looked right since he hyper extended his knee, i did this before and wasn't right for a few months, could still play but not to the same level!

Back