Roast Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

You do realise that if the AFL was match fixing through umpiring and it got out, a lot of people would be going to jail, right?

That’s the point though. They aren’t match fixing. Sydney didn’t win the match. That would be Match fixing. They just did their best to keep it a close game when it shouldn’t have been which is blatant cheating

Last edited:

The Buddy headlock, Stack's spoil resulted in Swans goals. Dusty held by Rampe and Lynch pushed in the back in a marking contest probs cost us 2 goals. In all probably cost us 4 goals. Someone needs to complain to the AFL.

Can dimma get clarko to have another coffee with gill, but this time on our behalf?!

That one happened right in front of me, right in front of ME!! (ask Port fan)

How the f*** can you blatantly smack someone in the back of the head and claim you’re making an attempt for a mark?
SERIOUSLY!!!

Commentators didn’t even mention the high contact they were busy gushing about how amazing buddie is

Was the worst non call of the night imo right up there when that defender had dusty wrapped up in the goal square like a python and pulled him to ground but once again it was play on

This isn't basketball. The ball has to be over the line, not the player.

Absolute bullshit. I was right on the boundary when it happened. Both him and the ball were over the line. He holds it close to his chest and is over, then stretches out to put it back inside, and the boundary umpire falls for it. Just like you.

Absolute bullshit. I was right on the boundary when it happened. Both him and the ball were over the line. He holds it close to his chest and is over, then stretches out to put it back inside, and the boundary umpire falls for it. Just like you.
I dont give a s**t if youre right on the boundary, you wouldnt have been in line with the player and the boundary so you didnt have a good angle. You're wrong. He was leaning over the line with the ball, the whole thing never went 100% over.

Should I trust, Boundary unpire who is paid to do this that was directly infront of the play and had a perfect angle or random support sitting in the crowd that is biased and isn't on the right angle to properly judge it. Hmmmm. What a tough choice!

Coulda swore it was out as well went mental when it wasnt called

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont give a s**t if youre right on the boundary, you wouldnt have been in line with the player and the boundary so you didnt have a good angle. You're wrong. He was leaning over the line with the ball, the whole thing never went 100% over.

Should I trust, Boundary unpire who is paid to do this that was directly infront of the play and had a perfect angle or random support sitting in the crowd that is biased and isn't on the right angle to properly judge it. Hmmmm. What a tough choice!

Yeah but you thought the umpiring was good on the night, and probably from your lounge chair as well so equally, hmmmm, why would I trust you.

That’s the point though. They aren’t match fixing. Sydney didn’t win the match. That would be Match fixing. They just did their best to keep it a close game when it shouldn’t have been which is blatant cheating
Makes you wonder if they are under instruction from the AFL to keep games close. It happens too often.

Pointless sooking. We get shafted every week and unless Dimma or Benny complain every week nothing will change
Not pointless IMO Waca. Look what happened when we (members and supporters) kept whingeing about the new Tigerland theme song the AFL spewed out.

I for one will keep on 'sooking' until Dimma or Benny grow a pair big enough to callout the blatant anti-Richmond treatment the maggots keep dishing out to us every week.

Nah I didn't see it this way. Was definitely a few go their way, perhaps they got the rub of the green but we got away with a few throws/HTB's that weren't paid either.

Swings and roundabouts, go on any teams board and they're all posting about how bad they get shafted. I do think the overall standard of umpiring has dropped a touch but mostly due to the convoluted interpretations that the AFL insists on creating every year.

If the boys play like they did last night, they could put 20 umpires on the ground and it wouldn't stop them winning.

2 words “farken atrocious “

Umpiring has been as bad as I can remember this year not only decision making but bouncing in the middle. FFS Make it a 50/50 contest and throw it up

Having started doing a bit of umpiring in recent years, my dislike of umpires has shifted to a dislike of the AFL. I used to walk away from some games certain of some kind of conspiracy against us but now I just realise it's too bloody complicated to umpire with even close to 100% accuracy for anyone but a handful of umps. And that's why finals are generally better I guess.

Umpiring at the top level of our sport has got to be harder than any other sport in the world. You can see the same incident from 3 different angles and come up with 3 different decisions. Add to that about 8 rule/interpretation changes this year and the bloody umps are on a hiding to nothing. They must hate the AFL too, especially this year. They need to throw more money at umpiring, especially at lower levels.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back