Umpiring assists - what's the stats? Who do I make a complaint?

Remove this Banner Ad

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ok, this is getting beyond a joke..

Before I go on, I would like to make it clear we ain't good enough this year to make the Finals, let alone win one. I acknowledge that the team we're fielding right now is around 70% capacity to what it could have been if we had the likes of Chelsea, Scheer, Cramey and J. Foley fully fit. So the point I will be making hereafter, is nothing to do with our premiership chances (it's over I'm guessing).

The hot topic is about...*drum roll*...the umpiring biases. And I'm not talking about human error, margin of error, or chances/probability. No siree! I'm talking about BLATANT umpiring biases where the calls appear to be for 2 different rules applied to the Crows and their opponents. 2 glaring examples that I'm seeing repeatedly are:

1. The opposition is tackled, drops the ball, then flings their arm backwards like they're being swallowed by a shark, and our players get penalised for "holding the man". On the flip side, if our players get tackled and then drops the ball, we get penalised for "illegal disposal".

2. We go low to the ground and then get tackled, being jumped on top, we get called for "dragging it in". Conversely, if the opposition drags it in, the umps then go missing (aka non-call).

I'm sure there's more biases going on, so here's your chance to nitpick and rant. Or share constructive criticism.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back