Live Event Umpiring Essendon/Lions and Essendon/GWS game

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow. One or 2 bad ones in our game. Especially for Cripps.

But that is shocking. He literally did what he was meant to do. Stand up in the tackle. There was no prior. And 2 players tackled him.

Yikes.

I wonder what Razor Ray will say.
Free kick hawthorn

But also it makes my point. Blues get free kicks first qtr. Up by 31. Get shafted for the rest of the game. Loose by 31. All on the 31st. Umpires have way to much influence its unacceptable

But also it makes my point. Blues get free kicks first qtr. Up by 31. Get shafted for the rest of the game. Loose by 31. All on the 31st. Umpires have way to much influence its unacceptable

Get shafted, yet still win the free kick count by 3.

What you saw was the actual ability of your team when not being cupped by umpires.

It wasnt pretty.

I miss the bone crunching bumps from blokes like Byron Pickett. They will be paying free kicks for looking at the player with the ball soon I swear this game is being micro managed so much that it is not footy anymore. If teddy was still alive he would be ashamed of this game. No one with any influence can say anything bad about the game without being penalised by the AFL so nothing good is going to change. The top boss of the afl looks like he has never touched a footy in his life and he is dictating how footy should be played. It’s embarrassing how bad the game looks now. I miss the hardness of the game. It’s a business now not a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is going on?? Umpiring been disgraceful all year - so many examples of poor decisions (and non-decisions). I would suggest that players not attempt to actually take control of the ball and just wait for someone else to do it . . . I can see a situation later in the year with 3/4 players just standing off waiting for the first to attempt to take it on - FFS reward the player making an attempt to keep play going . . . grrrrr

Point of order

A non-decision is still a decision not to make a decision and so is a decision by itself.

Every single game from the past few years Brisbane is favoured by umpires. The only reason people haven't picked up on it is because they don't care about Brisbane (yet). If they start winning a grand final or 2 then people will start taking notice.

The issue is that the AFL are trying to protect umpires to encourage more kids to take up umpiring, I get that. But the more the AFL fails to hold professional umpires to account and the more tweaking the rules in season will attract even more critism and frustration towards the umpires. What should happen is just admit they got some decisions wrong, this will help everyone improve including the umpires. Why is there this perception that umpires are always right, are they that precious they can't be called out?

The umpiring in games these days makes me not want to watch the game I have loved my whole life. I feel frustrated every game I watch. I try to enjoy every game but it makes me angry most times when my team gets robbed & the AFL take no accountability.

I actually enjoyed the SANFL far more last year than the AFL.

My local league is even better to watch.

Hurley getting done for front on contact when the lions player pushed off him. Is probably one of the worst calls ever
Happened right in front of us. Hippy initiated the contact. Technically Hurley didn't do the right thing as he wasn't looking at the ball. But hippy making the contact happen should nullify that front on call. Just to clarify I agree with you. It was shocking. Not a free.

The issue is that the AFL are trying to protect umpires to encourage more kids to take up umpiring, I get that. But the more the AFL fails to hold professional umpires to account and the more tweaking the rules in season will attract even more critism and frustration towards the umpires. What should happen is just admit they got some decisions wrong, this will help everyone improve including the umpires. Why is there this perception that umpires are always right, are they that precious they can't be called out?

Its helicopter parenting which everyone other than helicopter parents knows is terrible for the child.

That Essendon lions game was probably one of the worst officiated games I’ve Ever seen. That number 12 is absolutely terrible but overall in the league, the standard is disgraceful. Can’t remember it being at such a crap standard. I’ll also say the players have a lot to answer for. The fact they dive, throw their heads around and stage for free kicks also needs to be called out.

I watched the Mcgrath htb free again, in the light that some believe it was the right interpretation. If that is so (which I reject) Mcgrath has only 2 other options; move forward without reaching for the ball causing head high contact or stopping and waving his hands like a netball defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back