Umpiring - Essendon vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Umpiring essendon vs melbourne

As a neutral, I went to the game, expecting a reasonable contest. I did feel that the umpiring was a disgrace in the first half aganst Melbourne.

The first 3 goals coming off free kicks/50m penalty were average to say the least. Essendon's 4th goal could very well have been a free kick against Lloyd for holding but then again, maybe they didn't give it cause both were holding, I dunno.

Melbourne were crucified last night but the fact remains that they should've made more of their chances and their time with the ball. They didn't and they lost. The umpiring was the blight on the night

Although crucifying Melbourne, the first three free kicks were all there. (technically).

The one I couldn't understand was when the ball came down to Lloyd and Frawley and Frawley punched the ball out of bounds. Lloydy was looking for a free kick and the umpire (Mclaren I think) said "No Matthew, you hooked his arm." Well bugger me that would be holding the man wouldn't it???????? Throw in followed. The umpire admits he sees a free kick, but doesn't pay it.

I'll guarentee I'm older than you champ.

Maybe you're not able to read, but almost every non-melbourne supporter here thinks melbourne were hard done by the umps.

Don't believe me?

Carlton fan:

Essendon Fan:

Bulldog fan:

Essendon Fan:

Sydney Fan:

Carlton Fan:

WestCoast Fan:

Another fan:

Fact is Melbourne got screwed. And I challenge anyone to tell me, in all honesty, that the umpires went in at half time, knew the free kick count, and DIDN'T come out and try to square it up....

Hand delivering Llyod and Lucas goals in the opening minutes would kill any team..

PS: 6 goals to 2 from free kicks. Essendons way.... I think you're wrong.
EDIT: Looks like someone else has proven this douche is just pulling numbers out of his arse..

Give us a breakdown of every free kick, whether it was right or wrong, and every free kick missed and the final adjusted tally. Otherwise stfu.

I'm sure we'll see a very even display next Friday night though :cool:
I dont. We've been getting raped compared to the Blues this year. :)

Do you really expect him to waste his time going through the whole game, and writing a report on every single one of Essendons 27 free kicks just so you can open your other eye?

FFS.
If he's going to make disputable statements that he needs evidence to support, then yes.
Simple.

If he's going to make disputable statements that he needs evidence to support, then yes.
Simple.
His evidence were all those posts. No, he does not need to go to extremes to prove imbeciles right.

"Oh well, i think Jordan Russell is just an average player."
"OK then, you go through every game of his and highlight why he is average. Otherwise you are wrong, and he is a great player."
"Why should i have to do that for? It's clear..."
" *hands in ears* NANANANAANNANANANA"

His evidence were all those posts. No, he does not need to go to extremes to prove imbeciles right.

"OK then, you go through every game of his and highlight why he is average. Otherwise you are wrong, and he is a great player."

lol. i think you mean wrong, champ... :eek:

"Fact is Melbourne got screwed."

There's only one way to prove Melbourne got screwed. First you need to show that it's a fact that they had lots of incorrect decisions paid against them/not paid to them when they should have been. You also need to show that it's a fact that Essendon weren't screwed proportionally. And no, a tally isn't good enough. This requires something pretty substantial. When you use the word fact then you had better be prepared to back it up.

He tried the old "everyone reckons it, so it must be true", and to try and prove he was right he listed a whole bunch of quotes... gee great argument :rolleyes:.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's only one way to prove Melbourne got screwed. First you need to show that it's a fact that they had lots of incorrect decisions paid against them/not paid to them when they should have been. You also need to show that it's a fact that Essendon weren't screwed proportionally. And no, a tally isn't good enough. This requires something pretty substantial. When you use the word fact then you had better be prepared to back it up.

He tried the old "everyone reckons it, so it must be true", and to try and prove he was right he listed a whole bunch of quotes... gee great argument :rolleyes:.
Didn't you read? "His evidence were all those posts". That's right, evidence to support a disputable statement claimed to be fact, is posts by others on an internet forum. Ridiculous.

Even if it was Mike Sheahan or James Hird that was used for "evidence" to support the claim, I still wouldn't buy it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back