Roast Umpiring in 2020 & the NMFC.

Remove this Banner Ad

That McDonald free...
A ******* shocker that had me fuming.

He basically did everything perfectly: kept his eyes on the ball, closed ground to get body contact, takes mark. Rozee just fell over the weak prick.

Yeah, but every week?

A game or 2 you get reamed every year, a game or game you get a nice run.

Is there a way we're playing? Is it a thing we're not doing? That certainly doesn't show up in the count. Why would it be bias against us?

BECAUSE EVERYONE IS AGAINST US AND THE AFL WANTS US TO FAIL!!!!

It's just emotional whining.

Umpiring in 2020 & the NMFC
When are you people down there at Arden Street going to lodge an official complaint?
Apparently we’ve received the most free kicks this year.

We're all one-eyed supporters in here, but why would we complain over 2020 as a whole!?

Overall, I think we've had a bl00dy good run this season with the umps. From an unbiased viewpoint, there's been at least 4-5 games I can recall where they've kept us in it early in the game. Go back and watch the 1st half of the Dees game if you want a glaring example.

There's been a couple of games we've had a good run. This is a non-issue.

And this doesn't tell the full story but we're 1st for frees received and 4th for frees against (least conceded).

That appears to say more about how we play the game rather than whether games are well umpired. Maybe we aren't nasty enough this year - which makes sense given our injury list in some ways.

For me it’s also that most teams have a player or two that are genuinely treated differently than the majority of the league.

We don’t have one.

And don’t say Brown, he gets tunnelled, held or downright assaulted in every contest he’s in.

We had a free paid against us earlier this year (Brisbane or GC maybe?) - if that was the official adjudication then Brown should be lining up for goal 15 times a game.

We're all one-eyed supporters in here, but why would we complain over 2020 as a whole!?

Overall, I think we've had a bl00dy good run this season with the umps. From an unbiased viewpoint, there's been at least 4-5 games I can recall where they've kept us in it early in the game. Go back and watch the 1st half of the Dees game if you want a glaring example.

I think it's perfectly legitimate to think we've had a decent run overall and still be unimpressed with the overall umpiring of football in 2020.

Dixon takes on 3 blokes, loses it in the tackle.

Play on...

There were 4 instances of this from Port players early in the last qtr all bookended by the same thing happening with North players. Net result, 2 free kicks against North and nothing coming the other way. Obviously not the reason for the scoreboard result but it was annoying to watch.

There were 4 instances of this from Port players early in the last qtr all bookended by the same thing happening with North players. Net result, 2 free kicks against North and nothing coming the other way. Obviously not the reason for the scoreboard result but it was annoying to watch.

This stuff just kills team momentum.

The Port blokes themselves were laughing at some of the calls.

The umpiring is fine. When you’re always second to the ball, the calls will invariably go against you. s**t thread, deflecting off our real issues.

The umpiring is fine. When you’re always second to the ball, the calls will invariably go against you. sh*t thread, deflecting off our real issues.
You don’t seriously think it’s deflecting our other issues though, do you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Throwing has become commonplace, it’s ridiculous. A couple of weeks ago Dusty got pinged for an obvious throw and cracked it as the umpire was on the wrong side to see definitively if it was a throw, despite him disposing of the ball when one arm was well held.

Yeah it's like, "Yes I threw it, but how dare you penalise me for it?!"

He basically did everything perfectly: kept his eyes on the ball, closed ground to get body contact, takes mark. Rozee just fell over the weak prick.
If that was Tom Hawkins, and not Luke, the commentary would have been "superb use of the body by the Tomahawk there", and i have grave doubts a whistle would have been blown.

Spot on Mutts. Forward does it ✔ Great use of the body. Defender ✖ Sorry, interference.
Especially Hawkins, he gets away with so much rag dolling/pushing of opponents in either Marking or Ruck contests and hardly ever penalised, just praised by commentators for his brute strength, usually with a giggle.

There was an incident a week or two ago, I can’t recall the game, where the guy making the spoil ran at the player who was about to mark but turned as he jumped. He had no real intention of marking the ball but was facing the ball rather than the player at the point of contact. The sole intention was spoiling the mark by taking out the guy.

The ball was spilled as he really had no hope of catching it but it was judged as fair and called clever by the commentary team.

I suspect this will become the new reality.

Blaming the umpires is a weak and pathetic excuse for our embarrassing season

It's not an excuse for our poor form, you simpleton.

Cant we be poor, and the umpiring also abysmal? Is that possible? Can your tiny mind expand to grasp this?

WE have been on the receiving end of some horrendous calls this year.

You can't call it as it is, because you think it gets in the way of you s**t canning your own players!

Last edited:
It's not an excuse for our poor form, you simpleton.

Cant we be poor, and the umpiring also abysmal? Is that possible? Can your tiny mind expand to grasp this?

WE have been on the receiving end of some horrendous calls this year.

Dude we are s**t. Really pointless getting this worked up over it.

Whether the umpires are fondling our balls or giving us an enema it makes no difference.

In my opinion we generally get a pretty good run, last night wasn’t great but s**t happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back