Umpiring in Mel v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Collingwood blocking the man on the mark

Most one sided display of incompetent umpiring i have witnessed for a long long time ..it appears only one team can get called for holding the ball ..whilsts the Pies players can attempt to break tackles and get spun around in circles and still not get pinged .

These so called umpires are a joke ..and i hope their ineptness does not go unpunished.

You can stand BEHIND the marker. Rules are rules. Learn them.

So when there is a man on the mark you're allowed to basically set a screen?
I thought this wasn't allowed. I must be wrong then.

Collingwood have done it all day. I've just been a little confused, as are the commentators on Fox Sports.

melbourne player should come in aswell, if the Pies player is inside the 5m corridor, the direct opponent has every right to be there too.

Correct.

According to the Rule of the Game available at afl.com.au, there is no protected space behind the man on the mark, so he is allowed to stand there so long as he doesn't interfere with the man on the mark until play on is called.

"so he is allowed to stand there so long as he doesn't interfere with the man on the mark until play on is called. "

O'brien did that anyway so the point is moot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but the rule also states you can't interfere until play on has been called which has happened a couple of time today.

Pretty cheap tactic too...

Demons being absolutely crucifed out there. Every 50/50 has gone Collingwood's way (be it for or against). The worst one being the tackle on Bennall without the ball in the forward 50 in the last qtr. Why wasn't that a free? I would be absolutely fuming if I was a Demon fan - it's been happening all game too and not just in the last qtr when "the umps are letting it go".

Absolutely Disgraceful. :thumbsdown: If I were Collingwood I wouldn't accept the four points. It's shameful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back