Umpiring Umpiring in the Bulldogs/Bombers Final 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

While some of the decisions were pretty average, it’s hard to blame a 50 point loss on umpiring. You can’t expect to win a game if you don’t kick a goal for a half of football.

Port got demolished by the umpires on Friday night and still managed to show they were the better team.

Cognitive dissonance... while you won convincingly. However, Weightman was gifted 4 absolute shockers.

2. You can’t sit there and tell us the holding the man one and too high one were “shockers” we see them every week. If it happened in another game, you wouldn’t be saying a word.

C6D9A548-A650-433E-A1D5-4D7084D47E58.jpeg

I would say Bombers fans level of refusal to believe we wouldn't have won today regardless of the umpiring is up there with Dogs fans level of refusal to believe they get some of the greatest silver service from the umpiring fraternity on a weekly basis.

They're both deluded.

I would say Bombers fans level of refusal to believe we wouldn't have won today regardless of the umpiring is up there with Dogs fans level of refusal to believe they get some of the greatest silver service from the umpiring fraternity on a weekly basis.

They're both deluded.

Dogs get favoured by umpires.

No, there isn’t any corruption in the game.

No, all umpires don’t barrack for the dogs.

Kinda running outta reasons for umpires to purposely favour us.

Find us a good reason behind it or please kindly shut up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. You can’t sit there and tell us the holding the man one and too high one were “shockers” we see them every week. If it happened in another game, you wouldn’t be saying a word.

View attachment 1221110

A couple frames before that Weightman is over the ball and he ducks grabs Laverde’s arm to his neck. It’s not a free kick any football fan wants paid.

That being said thinking that’s a free is far less crazy than believing there is some AFL conspiracy to favour the dogs.

A couple frames before that Weightman is over the ball and he ducks grabs Laverde’s arm to his neck. It’s not a free kick any football fan wants paid.

That being said thinking that’s a free is far less crazy than believing there is some AFL conspiracy to favour the dogs.

I hate the flopping. It’s a bad look for the game and Cody gets lucky a lot. The whole conspiracy thing by the AFL is driving me mad.

Lol, shows a poorly contextualized freeze frame of the easiest to sell of the 4 shockers. But, omits the other 3 without justification? How were the other two "there"? Draper was "stiff"? I am interested to hear you try and legitmise these?

Ok, you did watch the video of tackle right? The tackle was perfectly fine and went above the shoulder after, He dropped his weight to try and duck the tackle. Just playing for a free kicks..... as is the bulldog way.

Omits the other 3? I said one was awful and Draper was stiff. Meaning it shouldn’t have been a free. the other two occur almost every game and yet you’re another poster with their dogs vision on and only choose to post about our free kicks.

you’re another poster who believes there’s some sort of corruption in the game haha. It’s pathetic.

Selwood is a diver and I hated it, yet I never even post about it because it does nothing to change anything. The afl don’t have an “agreement” with Selwood and if we’re good enough on the day, we beat the cats.

2016 still firmly living in your brain sadly.

Cognitive dissonance... while you won convincingly. However, Weightman was gifted 4 absolute shockers.

I get it you've had a bad weekend but those 4 weren't shockers. The Merrett push was soft but the others were there every day. Unlucky with the Draper one but a hit on the head is always a free, accidental or not.

What difference does it make what the reason is?

It doesn't change the fact that the Bulldogs have consistently been favoured by the umpires for years and that's backed up by the free kick stats.

Haha there has to be some motive for all umpires to “purposely favour us”. again, the hard questions come and can’t be answered
So you’re either claiming there’s corruption in the competition, all umpires are purposely trolling us, or there’s umpire match fixing. Which is it?

Last edited:
CTE isn’t to be wished upon anyone, I’ve seen its effects up close.

Don’t know why Weightman copping so much hate was he supposed to do.

-He dove at Draper while he was trying to soccer the ball off the ground.

- He got paid a dubious free in a marking contest because Gleeson fell over

- He got paid a free for a push after handballing it.

What do the people who hate him think he should of done? Missed the goals intentionally because they were incorrect decisions?

What do the people who hate him think he should of done? Missed the goals intentionally because they were incorrect decisions?
Hand the ball back to Essendon as a show of good faith.

Well said mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back