Umpiring Umpiring in the Bulldogs/Bombers Final 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol, shows a poorly contextualized freeze frame of the easiest to sell of the 4 shockers. But, omits the other 3 without justification? How were the other two "there"? Draper was "stiff"? I am interested to hear you try and legitmise these?

Ok, you did watch the video of tackle right? The tackle was perfectly fine and went above the shoulder after, He dropped his weight to try and duck the tackle. Just playing for a free kicks..... as is the bulldog way.

Need I continue?

View attachment FullSizeRender.mov

View attachment FullSizeRender.mov

"Omits the other 3? I said one was awful and Draper was stiff. Meaning it shouldn’t have been a free. the other two occur almost every game and yet you’re another poster with their dogs vision on and only choose to post about our free kicks."

You said two of them were there, which ones then? I don't only post about the dogs free kicks. I b*tch about football every 2nd game, because the rules have been totally f’ed, because the AFL changes the interpretation from week to week. You guys are just the most prolific exploiters of these rules IMO.

"you’re another poster who believes there’s some sort of corruption in the game haha. It’s pathetic."

Where did I day that? where did i talk about or imply "corruption". You are making things up inside your own head. Classic straw manning at it finest.

"Selwood is a diver and I hated it, yet I never even post about it because it does nothing to change anything. The afl don’t have an “agreement” with Selwood and if we’re good enough on the day, we beat the cats."
As do I. I post about it, because its terrible. This has nothing to do with beating anybody. AFL agreements with selwood? more strawmanning? there is a notion out of the ether.

"2016 still firmly living in your brain sadly."
2016 umpiring was and is a timeless travesty. The AFL admitted as much. I don't sit here and blame the bulldogs for league incompetence, during that GF (a multi billion dollar professional sporting industry that hires overweight part timers to make big decisions in front of 100k crowds). Football is nothing more than a source of entertainment for me, however, I do get frustrated at the state of the game.

This one was being called a flop, apparently Weightman is intentionally leaning back into Gleeson to draw a free:

Attachments

• 1630246916667.png
    1630246916667.png
    127.2 KB · Views: 152

Surely it is not that hard for the AFL to pick the best umpires for finals? The umpiring yesterday was disgraceful.

there are disgraceful decisions in pretty much every game, every week, every season.

the game is very hard to umpire, there are only 3 of them, often tasked with seeing things through a maul of 20+ blokes.

the best you can hope for is that the umpires dont change the result of games.

Don’t know why Weightman copping so much hate was he supposed to do.

-He dove at Draper while he was trying to soccer the ball off the ground.

- He got paid a dubious free in a marking contest because Gleeson fell over

- He got paid a free for a push after handballing it.

What do the people who hate him think he should of done? Missed the goals intentionally because they were incorrect decisions?
Oh please.

He's a stager. A flopper. We all know that. He knows that.

And he's been doing it week in week out.

The reason people dislike him as a player and don't respect him is because most people, if not all, view staging as not being in the spirit of the game.

He's like one of those Russian scammers on YouTube that jump out in front of cars to claim the injury insurance.

So what's he supposed to do, you ask? Don't stage and flop in the first place.

Problem solved.

However I'd bet he doesn't care. It's how the Bulldogs roll. It's how Beveridge coaches. He's been doing it every week, so I hardly think anyone at the Bulldogs sees anything wrong with it.

Oh please.

He's a stager. A flopper. We all know that. He knows that.

And he's been doing it week in week out.

The reason people dislike him as a player and don't respect him is because most people, if not all, view staging as not being in the spirit of the game.

He's like one of those Russian scammers on YouTube that jump out in front of cars to claim the injury insurance.

So what's he supposed to do, you ask? Don't stage and flop in the first place.

Problem solved.

However I'd bet he doesn't care. It's how the Bulldogs roll. It's how Beveridge coaches. He's been doing it every week, so I hardly think anyone at the Bulldogs sees anything wrong with it.

A generation of players have grown up being told Joel “1200 career free kicks” Selwood is a “champion”. This is footy now and get ready for every player to play like this.

What difference does it make what the reason is?

It doesn't change the fact that the Bulldogs have consistently been favoured by the umpires for years and that's backed up by the free kick stats.

Thread should be renamed “Dogs own Plugger35’s soul in yet another final”. Welcome to your happy place big fella 😂

Way to edit and post something to suit your agenda, whatever it is meant to be.
Maybe if you showed the first line, DOGS HUNGER FOR THE BALL, NOT..............., then the right context would have been shown.
I was referring to the photo not the article. I’d just post the link if was referring to the article. Official AFL photos are hard to copy and paste.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This one was being called a flop, apparently Weightman is intentionally leaning back into Gleeson to draw a free:
This image you use may be the worst defence for an umpiring decision ever. While a still is always poor evidence, it is clear to see a Bulldog player has his back to the play and is tackling the Bomber defender entering the contest. This leads me to the conclusion, this was not why the umpire paid a free to Weightman or he was looking to give Weightman a free and not at the contest as a whole?
And yes two players are being infringed, one flops and one stands. You know what happened in the contest, why try to defend it? It was embarrassing play and umpiring, just take the win and move on to next week.

Textbook dropping of the knees trick.

I thought they'd actually mandated that out of the game hadn't they?

He should of stood up dead straight for the poor bloke tackling. These poor tacklers now having to actually tackle correctly is just not fair. They should be rewarded for ripping the head off their opponent.
FFS Weightman has the ball, tackle lower. I am fed up with head high tackles being layed the blame of the bloke with the ball. The bloke with the ball other than ducking his head can wriggle, drop and do as he pleases. The tackler cannot get him high. Why is this so complicated now.

This image you use may be the worst defence for an umpiring decision ever. While a still is always poor evidence, it is clear to see a Bulldog player has his back to the play and is tackling the Bomber defender entering the contest. This leads me to the conclusion, this was not why the umpire paid a free to Weightman or he was looking to give Weightman a free and not at the contest as a whole?
And yes two players are being infringed, one flops and one stands. You know what happened in the contest, why try to defend it? It was embarrassing play and umpiring, just take the win and move on to next week.
Both players have their arms around each other. You can see the Essendon player's opposite hand wrapped around the bulldogs player's back. That's a clear play on. Weightman on the other hand never does anything other than go for the ball and gets dragged to the ground.

Both players have their arms around each other. You can see the Essendon player's opposite hand wrapped around the bulldogs player's back. That's a clear play on. Weightman on the other hand never does anything other than go for the ball and gets dragged to the ground.
His arm was held umpire was in perfect position free kick end of story

He should of stood up dead straight for the poor bloke tackling. These poor tacklers now having to actually tackle correctly is just not fair. They should be rewarded for ripping the head off their opponent.
FFS Weightman has the ball, tackle lower. I am fed up with head high tackles being layed the blame of the bloke with the ball. The bloke with the ball other than ducking his head can wriggle, drop and do as he pleases. The tackler cannot get him high. Why is this so complicated now.

I can't believe you're even talking about this till. It was mandated by the AFL about 3 years ago...

Whether you like it or not, if you shrug or lower your knees to draw the high contact, it's not a free kick.

Thread should be renamed “Dogs own Plugger35’s soul in yet another final”. Welcome to your happy place big fella 😂

You didn't own me or St Kilda in our elimination final last year, we still managed to win despite the umpires trying their best to get you over the line.

You didn't own me or St Kilda in our elimination final last year, we still managed to win despite the umpires trying their best to get you over the line.
The umps still owe us one from the Riewoldt debacle of 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Back