Status
Not open for further replies.

GoTheSwannies

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I'm not going to go into the technicalities of the Bulldogs handball technique, but I will point out that they handballed that way for the entire season. The umpires can't just leave something alone for the whole year and then start calling throws in the last game. Regardless of whether or not they are bending the rules, its not like they just started doing it in the Granny. If the umpires had an issue with it then they would have addressed it earlier, but they clearly don't so play on.

Well they should have addressed it earlier. The fact that the dogs were able to get away with it the whole year is a crock.

I never paid too much attention to the Dogs throughout the season so the gf was my first exposure to it. So if they've been able to get away with that for the entire season it's an absolute rort.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
But it really does take a certain type of person to have no grace and keep trying to belittle what for us is the greatest win we'll ever experience.

Well, it is the Swans board, and you don't HAVE to come here.

Big footy is the closest I get to social media because I love my footy. I don't do facebook or twitter because from the outside it's seems full of trolls and haters and your post just re-enforces why I don't go there.
I tried to show from another angle why you are probably wrong about this constant complaining. We got the 'rub of the green', it happens sometimes, probably because we were first to the ball and play just within the rules.
But it really does take a certain type of person to have no grace and keep trying to belittle what for us is the greatest win we'll ever experience.

You came into our house to a thread with a clear title, if you choose to see that as being belittling thats your problem

I have never been to the dogs board, could not give a stuff what you guys think, nor should you care what we think, the dogs and their fans and their dopey look at me captain are almost secondary in all this.

I am sure if roles were reversed you would be whinging, and yep plenty of swans fans would be on your board saying get over it.

But seriously enjoy your win and f off and forget what we think because i for one dont give a toss if you feel belittled in this thread

50 bloody pages! at some point you feel you have to defend your mob from a what seems a lack of sportsmanship. We have won three classics over you guys in our last three clashes, two of them on your turf, some acknowledgement of our win would be welcome.

Why?

We are not the club. The swans players and officials acknowledged the dogs. We are fans and you are fans, it is not about you

RW

Cancelled
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
50 bloody pages! at some point you feel you have to defend your mob from a what seems a lack of sportsmanship. We have won three classics over you guys in our last three clashes, two of them on your turf, some acknowledgement of our win would be welcome.

No, LOL

There is also a main board thread of neutrals whinging about your rub of the green

tombomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Only a minor mention, but during a bulldogs/luke beveridge love-in on SEN yesterday morning, it was refreshing to hear Mike Sheehan say he thought the Swans were 'slaughtered by the umpires' on Grand Final day and he wasn't convinced it didn't impact the result.

kelpie_X

Club Legend
Jul 26, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Only a minor mention, but during a bulldogs/luke beveridge love-in on SEN yesterday morning, it was refreshing to hear Mike Sheehan say he thought the Swans were 'slaughtered by the umpires' on Grand Final day and he wasn't convinced it didn't impact the result.
Main board

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RW

Cancelled
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Please do not bait opposition supporters in this thread by quoting their posts. I will deleting any posts by opposition supporters that are quoted in this manner, as well as the replies.

I have decided to re-open this thread in order to keep all umpiring complaints in here, instead of derailing other threads. That way, those who wish to move on can ignore it more easily.

Please do not bait opposition supporters in this thread by quoting their posts. I will deleting any posts by opposition supporters that are quoted in this manner, as well as the replies.

I have decided to re-open this thread in order to keep all umpiring complaints in here, instead of derailing other threads. That way, those who wish to move on can ignore it more easily.

Do these rules apply to me? Or can i do what i want

RW

Cancelled
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney

RW

Cancelled
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Yes i feel the same way i could post on here that we should move on etc but you never really do.

Moving on to me is, we got screwed but * lets just worry about this year And ignore this s**t

Edit
Never posting here in this thread again, we got screwed but bugger it ..bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back