No Oppo Supporters Umpiring in the grand final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's no point crying over spilt milk.

I agree! But it's not my job to tell others what they can and can't talk about. Well, I could if you like, but it would kill off the board pretty quickly.

Its time umpires went pro. The top umpires earn well over 100k/season, so if they're earning that as semi-pro athletes they should be able to earn more professionally and be better for it.

We discussed it in the WRFL years ago if it was worth it with then AFL umpires from the same league and they said yes. Just have to look back at the comedy routine Troy Pennel had in his last seasons.

Professional umps will never EVER happen.

Once they're paid they become accountable.

We know how the VFL feels about that.
Its interesting that so many of them are accountants in such an unaccountable profession. Scott Jeffery the arse clown who refused to pay a free to Hanners for the slide is a tax accountant. Razor Ray is a financial "broker" whatever the f$$k that means. Maybe if we cant have full time professionals we should have a ban on certain professions being umps such as tax accountants and financial planners? By the way has a wharfie ever been an AFL umpire? Lets get the honest occupational groups into the business.

Its interesting that so many of them are accountants in such an unaccountable profession. Scott Jeffery the arse clown who refused to pay a free to Hanners for the slide is a tax accountant. Razor Ray is a financial "broker" whatever the f$$k that means. Maybe if we cant have full time professionals we should have a ban on certain professions being umps such as tax accountants and financial planners? By the way has a wharfie ever been an AFL umpire? Lets get the honest occupational groups into the business.
Wharfie? Honest?

Ive wanderer into bizarro world

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

One of my Bulldogs FK video on YouTube has been claimed as copyright infringement by the AFL. They are entitled to do that to protect their copyright. However you can easily find the video of the WHOLE match still on YouTube. Hmm I wonder why they chose to pick on my video which lasts less than a minute?

One of my Bulldogs FK video on YouTube has been claimed as copyright infringement by the AFL. They are entitled to do that to protect their copyright. However you can easily find the video of the WHOLE match still on YouTube. Hmm I wonder why they chose to pick on my video which lasts less than a minute?

Probably not the right thread for the general gist of this rant! But here goes!

A "League" of their own. Just look at how Andy D was quickly shuffled along just before the sh.t hit the fan with the Essendon stuff.
The attempt of 'brushing under the carpet' by pre-warning the Essendon supremos of what was about to happen, by this bloke backfired on this occasion.

They can do whatever they want. Think about the points system for suspension of players. Let's take Buddy for example so I don't come across as one eyed. If he was reported for hitting someone in the prelim, a few years back he would have had to miss. This newer system allows some wriggle room to allow him to play in the biggest game of the year, thus allowing the 'world' to watch one of the greatest players of the modern era to strut his stuff & promote the game for this questionable organisation.

Same goes for the 2016 GF.
Before the game, I KNEW that we were going to have to be exceptional to win this game. Even at half time it was so obvious of where the 'system' was going to take this game. I felt it as a supporter, many of you guys felt it as well, so one could only imagine what the players were feeling once Hanners went off without even a free kick for that illegal act against him, even though a rule was brought in by this organisation, to protect the players from the type of carnage this sliding can cause.
But there was a much greater cause at hand than the welfare of a player in the red & white on this particular GF day.
THE FAIRY TALE! The vibes all week, from the the time the Dogs beat GWS, were for a pro Bulldogs, pro Victorian PUKE FEST!.
The umpires chosen for this game consumed some of this vomit throughout the week & duly delivered on this 'special' day!

Be careful grimlock! Your exceptional informative posting would never be appreciated by this compromised organisation.

How is it so, that the football club that has embarrassed the competition with their disgusting injecting program, clearly introduced to gain an upper hand illegally, were able to gain the PRIZED first round draft pick?
WRONG, WRONG & WRONG!
The result of their cheating was that they were stripped of their players for one year, long after the majority of them, the unwanted ones, were moved on anyway. This in turn brought about their lowly finish at the bottom. With these 'wanted' players coming back the following year, a ruling should have been made that they were excluded from benefiting from a situation that was brought about by their own systematic cheating!

I'm done for now!

They also left the rest of your channel untouched. Lol.

The free kick + 50m against Jack and the Hunter scoop are still there. It's only the passage of play ending in the Clay Smith goal that's been taken down.

I don't think the AFL would claim copyright infringement on videos that come from the footy shows like On The Couch, AFL360 etc (which is the case for many of Grim's videos) since the copyright would be owned by the network.

It might be a coincidence, but it might not be. It's not hard to find replays of grand finals from the last few years on YouTube, so it's bizarre that that they decided to remove that particular one.

Maybe save all of your videos just in case. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not just you. We had a bulldogs member (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLfTEE7vQe2Vf6fX-2rOjcw) that posted a fair few videos of the GF which got taken down due to copyright infringement.

Thanks, another umpiring conspiracy theory busted!

Wharfie? Honest?

Ive wanderer into bizarro world

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Its comparative. Ever dealt with a financial adviser or tax accountant? It is interesting that so many current AFL umpires come from the authoritarian professions - managers especially marketing. A few teachers. Professionalising the umps may drain the swamp as they say. At the moment AFL umpires rank with racing stewards as the most biased decision maker in sport. Would you like a little more ice with your scotch Waller old chap? Wink, wink.

Last edited:
Its comparative. Ever dealt with a financial adviser or tax accountant? It is interesting that so many current AFL umpires come from the authoritarian professions - managers especially marketing. A few teachers. Professionalising the umps may drain the swamp as they say. At the moment AFL umpires rank with racing stewards as the most biased decision maker in sport. Would you like a little more ice with your scotch Waller old chap? Wink, wink.
I like accountants. I think they are fantastic people. I'd highly recommend a fully qualified Chartered Accountant who is obliged to follow their membership code of conduct.

They don't charge you unethically obscene amounts like a lawyer. But they also tend to provide a much higher quality of work than any other old run of the mill accountant or agent.

Financial planners are the murky underbelly of the financial services industry. Commissions and a very minimal level of qualification required to provide financial planning advice... Some actually scare me with what they are able to suck poor unsuspecting people into.

Warfies. No f'n idea.

I like accountants. I think they are fantastic people. I'd highly recommend a fully qualified Chartered Accountant who is obliged to follow their membership code of conduct.

They don't charge you unethically obscene amounts like a lawyer. But they also tend to provide a much higher quality of work than any other old run of the mill accountant or agent.

Financial planners are the murky underbelly of the financial services industry. Commissions and a very minimal level of qualification required to provide financial planning advice... Some actually scare me with what they are able to suck poor unsuspecting people into.

Warfies. No f'n idea.

Your distinction between accountants and lawyers is interesting.
Lawyers have far more onerous professional obligations than just about any other profession and their professional obligations are enshrined in statute to the extent that they can be struck off for less than adequate personal conduct ( as opposed to professional conduct).

The problem with AFL umpires is that they are wholly unaccountable because nobody is allowed to criticise them because it might scare off future umpires. (AFL logic for you)
Umpiring is a tough gig, but they do themselves no favour by prancing around like it is all about them.
The AFL does umpires no favours by pretending mistakes are just part of the game. A multi-billion dollar industry that shrugs its shoulders at incompetence is simply not good enough.

Your distinction between accountants and lawyers is interesting.
Lawyers have far more onerous professional obligations than just about any other profession and their professional obligations are enshrined in statute to the extent that they can be struck off for less than adequate personal conduct ( as opposed to professional conduct).

The problem with AFL umpires is that they are wholly unaccountable because nobody is allowed to criticise them because it might scare off future umpires. (AFL logic for you)
Umpiring is a tough gig, but they do themselves no favour by prancing around like it is all about them.
The AFL does umpires no favours by pretending mistakes are just part of the game. A multi-billion dollar industry that shrugs its shoulders at incompetence is simply not good enough.
You get a like for getting the thread back on topic mate :cool:

You get a like for getting the thread back on topic mate :cool:

I was kinda over the umpiring because I hadn't thought about it for a while, then I ventured into this thread and the flashbacks returned.

Should run a book on whether we are awarded or concede the first free kick of the year in our RD1 opener. Just to see if the GF momentum continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back