Umpiring in the Grand Final...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except for the part where you claimed that sliding was an explicit part of the rule.

I said Wood didn't slide as per the rule and that people don't know the rules. I then said it's officially referred to by the AFL as the sliding rule and the training materials demonstrate a sliding action.

Pretty clear I know the rules in both theoretical and practical application.

Are you a bit dim though?

You must have missed when Biggs TWICE gets caught stone cold with the ball and clearly air swings, drops it in the most frantic, game defining passage with about 8 to 6 minutes to go. NO whistle. Both times. Then Buddy gets caught with it in the centre square two minutes later, PEEEP!
The result was fixed.
The first time Biggs was tackled and the balled slewed off the side of his boot a few metres. So incorrect disposal. Correct decision: play on. The second time Biggs was tackled straight away, no prior and the swans player knocked the ball out with his hand. Correct decision : play on. They were both completely different to the Franklin one where he had prior and it was inaccurate. Granted, dogs got a couple of lucky ones, so what? Just maybe if you are good enogh, you dont need to make excuses!

I said Wood didn't slide as per the rule and that people don't know the rules.
Pretty clear I know the rules in both theoretical and practical application.
Right, so can you please show me in the laws of the game (you know, the rules) where sliding is mentioned?

I think each year the GF exposes weaknesses in umpiring - much probably stemming from dodgy interpretations of old laws by the AFL to serve the media.

Disagree entirely. I think the Grand Final is always umpired extremely well, until this year.

Umpires usually do a tremendous job in Grand Finals. I've always wondered why they cant just umpire every game like they umpire grand finals.

This year they just seemed a little caught up in the circle jerk involving the fairy tale.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-11/gun-swan-hannebery-avoids-knee-surgery
Hannebery suffered the injury in the final quarter of the Grand Final when Easton Wood slid into his knee and there were serious concerns as the former Rising Star winner hobbled off the ground.

Mmmm, AFL writer seems to think it was sliding.
You do know that the rule mentions nothing about 'sliding' and secondly that the forceful contact must be made BELOW the knee..... don't you?

Contact was ABOVE the knee. Bloody unlucky injury for Hannebery - but it is play on.

You do know that the rule mentions nothing about 'sliding' and secondly that the forceful contact must be made BELOW the knee..... don't you?

Contact was ABOVE the knee. Bloody unlucky injury for Hannebery - but it is play on.
Be nice. They're in denial. Hence the pathetic umpire blaming.

Right, so can you please show me in the laws of the game (you know, the rules) where sliding is mentioned?

Check the AFL website. We're going around in circles. IMO, it is clear you don't get it.

Nah they won't
They have won the free kick count all year.
Umps reamed GWS in the prelim as well.

Oh well maybe we can stop hearing about the fairytale now.

Yep you can hear about how your pissant club went from 9-0 to just making up the numbers.

About how your pissant club has done nothing this millennium, much less in an 18 team competition, and is now facing a long rebuild with no ******* talent to build on.

About how your pissant club sees winning a final or two as some badge of honour.

About how the last shred of relevance your mob had disappeared into Kelli Stevens' lady garden. The day Carey followed her into Glenn archer's toilet was the day north stopped mattering.

Dogs premiers 2016. Get it up ya

Go and read the rules and get back to me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep you can hear about how your pissant club went from 9-0 to just making up the numbers.

About how your pissant club has done nothing this millennium, much less in an 18 team competition, and is now facing a long rebuild with no ******* talent to build on.

About how your pissant club sees winning a final or two as some badge of honour.

About how the last shred of relevance your mob had disappeared into Kelli Stevens' lady garden. The day Carey followed her into Glenn archer's toilet was the day north stopped mattering.

Dogs premiers 2016. Get it up ya

How about a bit of grace in victory? These Bulldogs supporters strutting around are already getting annoying and it's still October.
Long off-season ahead....

You win one flag in 60 years or some s**t and now you bag us for making it to prelims only.
Ok then....better hope you don't get a premiership hangover.

Oh how about you keep asking the same question in different ways and I'll keep answering the same way?
Well, you could just admit you thought it was a rule because you've seen it referred to as the sliding rule despite the fact the laws of the game don't actually mention sliding .

Well, you could just admit you thought it was a rule because you've seen it referred to as the sliding rule despite the fact the laws of the game don't actually mention sliding .
Get over it clown. Sour grapes. The best side won. Blame Tippett, Rohan, Papley and your other passengers on the day for not winning instead of coming up with the same excuses. All that matters is the scoreboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3000.jpg

Get over it clown. Sour grapes. The best side won. Blame Tippett, Rohan, Papley and your other passengers on the day for not winning instead of coming up with the same excuses.
I think you're a little confused.

Go and read the rules and get back to me
My pleasure!
AFL Laws of the game (2016)
Rule 15.4.5 (a) : "A Player makes prohibited contact if they make contact or attempt to make contact with an opposition player in a manner likely to cause injury - (i) above the shoulders
(ii) BELOW THE KNEES

Now, when you clearly understand that and go revisit the video of the Hanneberry incident...... say "sorry umpires, I got that wrong!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back