No Oppo Supporters Umpiring in the grand final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate with respect you miss the point entirely. Of course some of the mistakes had a bearing on the result. That's football. An inherent part of the game. Biased umpiring is not or should not be part of the game. It made an UNFAIR difference to the result because it shouldn't be in the game per se. Mistakes by players are part of the game.
It really 5hits me when people say "the umpiring was bad but our missed opportunities cost us the game" or "we just weren't good enough". Whether we played well or not is irrelevant. Poor umpiring on this scale clearly affected, the score line, momentum and probably the players confidence knowing that they were fighting an uphill battle from the 3 minute mark in the 1st quarter.

Umpire incompetence/corruption (whatever you want to call it) cost us this whole finals series.

GWS were allowed to get away with murder in the QF yet we were still in it until the Heeney non-mark was the straw that broke the camel's back; We were smashing the Crows until the umps got them back in it;
Papley non-mark against Geelong led to the Aliir injury which caused him to miss the GF;
and of course the grand final itself.

It's s**t, as we were probably the best team in the comp this year as we should have been at least 19-3 or 20-2, but we have to get even better next year so that the umpiring isn't a factor.
That is a leader's rant, well done.

I'd really like to hear your view point re the umpiring, no holding back.
It was a f ing disgrace, absolutely robbed and they had 25 and we had 18 that played on the day. Can cop 14 as we were shite and they totally deserved it, but this was enough to have 3 campaigners sent to Barwon.

My theory is the AFL will not let us win a premiership while we have Buddy, as punishment for our sheer impudence.

I said to my family the week leading into the game that it is in the AFLs best interest to have the Doggies win. Fans have been craving a new team to win it and the Swans are seen as one of the modern power houses for our recent success.

I was gutted on the day but in the end, Swans were the best team all season and equal on the day. I don't like to say we would have won with even umpiring but in the end we will never know. That's the most disappointing thing.

But let the Dogs have their day, they won't be there next year. Swannies are only getting better and I don't expect us to drop off any time soon.

It was a f ing disgrace, absolutely robbed and they had 25 and we had 18 that played on the day. Can cop 14 as we were shite and they totally deserved it, but this was enough to have 3 campaigners sent to Barwon.

I'm not one for targetting umpiring influence on games.

But it's good to know that - if there is a query on umpire independence - the umpires can discuss it directly with the Hawks players when they go off again on Christmas holidays together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think it is time for this thread to be closed but before that I would like to share my final viewpoints on the mockery that was made of the competition on Grand Final day.

I'll start off with the incompetence of the umpires, not just on Grand Final day, but throughout the year. Their sheer incompetence made them a laughing stock in front of the fans throughout the year but not only that it showed their indignity as professionals to have the responsibility to govern a competition by a given code. People can excuse them all they want but the truth is that these excuses are exactly what made them get away with it for so long. I suppose it really shouldn't come as a surprise that in the Grand Final we saw what we did (self explanatory) because it was a result of what had been building up for a long time; it just happened to be that we were at the receiving end of it. From a Swans perspective especially, it is extremely frustrating, because this certainly wasn't the first time we had been absolutely robbed of games due to officiating. Can recall a lot of games we lost this year because of, and I am being nice here, s**t umpiring (Hawks and Adelaide to name a few). I mean ffs our players got injured on the day and in the finals series because of their bullshit. Hampered us more than any player that may have not have the best of days. As a matter of fact players having a bad day is irrelevant to the discussion because it is a PART of the game. Whereas the officiating of the sport is not meant to influence the game to any particular side. Anyways my point is, let's not blame our own that tried hard to get the win but rather the biggest blight on the competition: THE UMPIRES (noun: we have absolutely no clue about anything - exclusive to the AVFL).

On to the bulldogs. Look... I know that they hadn't won the flag in a long long time. So the desperation on their part was understandable. However that is no excuse for their complete bullshit excuse of a game plan. The amount of infringement, throwing, HTB and a lot of other things I can't remember off the top of my head they got away with was ******* nauseating. It helps when the men in flouro move heaven and earth to let them get away with it. So in that part they can seriously get ****ed. I for one was infuriated that the blatant exploitation of the game was allowed just so we could have the 'We are so s**t so give us a flag' club taste success. Will say one thing though, I am glad that their fans finally have tasted success, because being a swans fans I think we of all group of supporters know what it feels like to break a long drought. But honestly apart from that this club can go and get ****ed, one of if not worst in the league from their Board to their cheating bunch of players and coaching staff who deserve no respect in my eyes. This isn't a bloody charity league, it is a competition where you have to earn your way and grab the cup. It also tastes much sweeter that way knowing you've had to overcome a lot of challenges. But let's just throw that out of the window so we can have a s**t club who because of their own mistakes hasn't won a flag in forever. That's not even the best bit though! The fact that these campaigners have had the audacity to label GWS as the sweethearts of the competition and receiving gifts when THEY out of all clubs in the league have had the largest amount of final assistance. Have you guys heard of irony? Because if you haven't, allow me to give an example - the Bulldogs of 2016. How you ask? Well let me explain! These people say that GWS' are getting gifted everything including flags when it is THEM out of the two that get gifted a flag! At least with GWS it makes sense because they are an expansion club who need a few to kick start them as an independent club. But with the bulldogs as I have said before it doesn't make sense apart from the fact that everyone sympathizes them for being s**t! Which btw is all because of themselves! So my point here is bulldogs, and in no uncertain terms, GO AND GET ****ed YOU CHEATS!

Next up is the Media. That's right the all important media of the game. Boy where do I start with them. I won't get into the entire year but rather will focus on the lead up to the Grand Final because to be honest that's more than enough to justify my point. So firstly, again, relating to my last point on the bulldogs I understand they had a drought but they should know that there are two teams playing. This was for one extremely disrespectful to the Swans who had one of the best seasons ever (IMHO). To rebuild on the run and make a grand final is one of the greatest feats ever and to be perfectly honest they should've won a flag (But let's not get into that now - so I don't lose my s**t :mad:). Not only that but the vomit inducing coverage of the dogs on grand final week was just disgusting. Give them credit but building them up as Leicester City type bullshit fairy tale was a joke because it really really wasn't anything near that caliber. Especially considering the circumstances - the bye leading into the final, the umpiring, the cheating and a lot of other things that again I do not want to go into because I will lose it. And of course silly me! How could i forget the man relic himself Bob Murphy!?? Ah yes sorry Bob, forgot about you because I kept looking at your distracting knee. No seriously though not going to say anything about this campaigner because we should already know everything about him from the media but just a little piece of advice from me Bob - * off, plain and simple. Honestly had no clue on he was until this year and I can honestly I am glad I didn't know. So yeah... Media please try to show some impartiality even if it is hard not getting sucked into the black hole that is Bob Murphy's knee.

Lastly but not least, the AVFL HQ! Lol, I was going to go on about a 5 million word rant about these campaigners but let me sum it up in a sentence. * Gillon, * Fitzpatrick, * Newbold, * Eddie, * the entire umpiring department and SERIOUSLY * the entirety of the Commission. Was that a bit vulgar? Good because it was meant to be. Honestly though people thought Demetriou was bad but I'd say this administration takes the piece of cake as one of the worst ever. And no I am not just saying that because of the injustices done to us as a club (trade ban etc.) but the way they have handled the entire league. Again let me sum this up in a few sentences. So firstly the rule changes - I don't even... like just no. I mean seriously I complain about the umpires having no clue but can I really blame them? I don't even know what's what anymore when I watch games. Then you have integrity... BAAHAHAH... sorry... anyways so these people at the top can ban us from Trading because of what again? Oh that's right because we can't have everyone but don't have the guts do penalise a drug cheating club properly, not condemn racist acts against Goodes, give GWS the concessions that clubs could only dream of, give free flags to clubs, literally admit that they wanted buddy going to GWS, and now recently not have the balls to take the Brownlow medal off a convicted drug cheat. I probably missed a few other 'great' things they have done but seriously Great Job gill and co. keep it going mate doing a fantastic job! :thumbsu:. So AVFL you can also go and get ****ed.

I was also going to say that the biggest problem here is the general AFL supporter base in general because they never collectively put pressure on all these cheats. But realized that we all have an agenda and that will be a waste of time (because this entire post wasn't :$).

Anyways in conclusion I just want to say we were robbed of a flag this year because of umpires and the fact that we were never meant to mess with the Bravedogs script of the year (and other s**t that you can read above). Even Christopher Nolan was impressed.

Oh and anyone asking for TLDR can gagf :) ..... but since some of you asked nicely here you go:
'Cheaters never prosper' was broken this year and that's what this rant was all about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back