No Oppo Supporters Umpiring in the grand final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some people don't like this thread being bumped but this post I found on the Umpiring board that was just too good to ignore!

Bollox nailed it. Sydney need a bonding session with the umpires before next season.

Spot on

This thread needs to never die

Don't find pure free kick count win/losses particularly useful data.

First off, quite a few of the losses are by 1-3 free kicks, hardly worth noting as a significant trend.

Secondly, unless there are statistics kept somewhere about what free kicks specifically we are being paid for or against it's hard to correlate whether we are being 'cheated' in my opinion.

First off, quite a few of the losses are by 1-3 free kicks, hardly worth noting as a significant trend.

Secondly, unless there are statistics kept somewhere about what free kicks specifically we are being paid for or against it's hard to correlate whether we are being 'cheated' in my opinion.

Just go with the eye test

Free kick counts alone don't tell the full story so by themselves they can be misleading, but I do find it interesting that the minor premiers were on the wrong side of so many free kick counts, even at home, though as pointed out above, some of them were only by 1-3 free kicks. It may just be an anomaly, or it may be unconscious bias by the largely Victorian umpiring department. Before people jump on me I'm honestly not trying to start another state v state war, just pointing out a fact.

In the end, we still won all those games (except for the last one :( ), so there is always the possibility that it may just be a meaningless stat that doesn't correlate with winning football games.

Free kick counts alone don't tell the full story so by themselves they can be misleading, but I do find it interesting that the minor premiers were on the wrong side of so many free kick counts, even at home, though as pointed out above, some of them were only by 1-3 free kicks. It may just be an anomaly, or it may be unconscious bias by the largely Victorian umpiring department. Before people jump on me I'm honestly not trying to start another state v state war, just pointing out a fact.

In the end, we still won all those games (except for the last one :( ), so there is always the possibility that it may just be a meaningless stat that doesn't correlate with winning football games.

I think the fact our most reasonable posters have some question marks is more evidence of an issue than any stat or count

Using the Bravedogs fans argument...first to the ball bla-bla-bla...we are getting screwed.

Using the Bravedogs fans argument...first to the ball bla-bla-bla...we are getting screwed.
And you can throw the ball now apparently.... oh, what... wait a second.... ohhhh, only if you play for the side that will create more interest where the AFL wants it.

I see. I guess given our record membership numbers and decade or so of success that probably doesn't include us....

And you can throw the ball now apparently.... oh, what... wait a second.... ohhhh, only if you play for the side that will create more interest where the AFL wants it.

I see. I guess given our record membership numbers and decade or so of success that probably doesn't include us....

It is almost like all the players went to an Oprah show and everyone got a free kick under their seat besides Swans players.

I can handle that we have lost to the WB 3 times to them - I just cannot handle tunnel ball goals, directly in front of the umpires, in front of a 100,000 supporters, at a critical moment in a game, on f..... Grand Final Day. Than Only to see it again a short time later.
I would have loved to walk have walked away losing without any question marks over bias from umpiring.
I don't be grudge WB the GF win - good on them - but I f hate tunnel ball goals, even in December.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because it keeps coming up in my alerts, give us a break and get your old name back princess

Lol unsubscribe to it and ignore it though.... im sure the club dont talk about mcveigh being a hack and past it or towers being a spud like this board does either, we are not the club

Geez louise

This will never go away.

Sadly we've just had our Wayne Harmes moment - only it lasted for 3 hours not seconds.

Right or wrong, this will be discussed for decades. And it will not fade away.

Nor, mind you, will I ever let it.

Casual readers shouldn't think this means we as a group and a club won't or can't move on. In many ways I already have. But why should we let the bastards off the hook just because some are bored with the topic?

Those who don't know their history are destined to repeat it.

RW
Just because we won a game doesn't mean we weren't cheated.
Critical close losses were due to some terrible decisions favouring the opposition.

Grand final was just a blatant example of how we are regarded and ow badly we are treated.

Only solution is to publicise to umpires that they are regarded as not independent and this is a stain on the game.

RW
Just because we won a game doesn't mean we weren't cheated.
Critical close losses were due to some terrible decisions favouring the opposition.

Grand final was just a blatant example of how we are regarded and ow badly we are treated.

Only solution is to publicise to umpires that they are regarded as not independent and this is a stain on the game.

It was complete bullshit mate

We should watch more games together like your thoughts

Met a dogs fan on saturday who admitted they were lucky as a dog with two dicks to win but he didnt give a ****

Can respect that
If the umpiring and scorelines had been reversed I guarantee none of this board would give a * and we wouldn't have a 48 page thread saying the umpiring wasn't good enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back