No Oppo Supporters Umpiring in the grand final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope we meet again in the grand final next year
Always respected the bloods and loving the games we have had over the past two years

Heeny in your midfield will change alot

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Just read watched the first quarter again. We just couldn't click into gear. We threatened, but couldn't assert our dominance.

Hanners was class, JPK was JPK, Grundy, Parker, jones, naismith, Lloyd all had an impact.

Rohan was embarrassing, what a ******* dud of a performance.

Mcglynn tried but the game had passed him by

And liberatores throw, what a crock.

Mitchell went missing in the first quarter. Mind elsewhere. He got going later as he realised a poor show would affect salary negotiations with the Dawks.

He already played pretty much the whole finals series, including the Grand Final, in the midfield.

Maybe he means change his personality, wear a backwards hat, carry a skateboard etc

GoTheSwannies

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
How's this for a sequence of calls.
8:30 remaining in the 3rd.
Libba throw along the ground at the centre square
Ball up
Another throw by libba in the centre square
Ball up
Throw by mccrae
Swans win the ball, kick to buddy and papley. Papley gets his feet taken from under him by morris. No call
Rampe wins the ball defensive 50 and takes on 2 tacklers, neither of which could hold the tackle. Called holding the ball.
Ball kicked into the f50, clay Smith falls into hanners arm. Free kick for high contact. Goal to the Dogs.

*!!

This thread needs to be closed. It's just an exercise in sado-masochism. Plus, even just seeing the title of it makes me sad.

I hope the loss irks the players as much as this thread irks me.

That being said, * the bulldog campaigners

Kolah

Senior List
Dec 29, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't think we should underestimate the impact of the heavy tackle on Hannebery towards the end of the first quarter. He was dominating up to that point, much quieter for the rest of the game. (I know it's time to move on; that a season should not be defined by one game; and that we had a much, much better season than any of us expected. BUT ....)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I understand the desire to move on but at the same time I don't want to just ignore it. The media ignored it. Most fans are happy the dogs won & don't seem to give a stuff about it. As in the past, we can just bend over for them again or we can stand up for ourselves.

It was a disgusting display of incompetence combined with the unprofessional attitude & action of those charged with running our game resulting in a GF (very hard to come by) being influenced to such a degree questions are raised as to the legitimacy of the competition (is it really corrupt??) and the result (would we had won had there been better umpiring?).

The AFL were smart though, it was the "right" result which wouldn't anger anyone except Swans fans & even then some fans were still happy enough as it was the poor hardly done by long suffering "doggies". Complaining about the dogs winning by using the umpiring is like complaining about a pregnant lady taking the last seat on the bus when she's just pushed you over for the seat, broken your ankle & $3000 notebook. It'll still seem wrong somehow.

GoTheSwannies

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
i wonder if the swans sent a please explain to the afl along with clips of all the throws that werent called on the day. id say there were at least 3-4 throws each quarter.

i also think the dogs have trained their handball technique to bend the rules. moving both hands so theyre essentially throwing the ball while getting a fist to it. which means if they dont get a fist to the ball its more difficult for umpires to identify, which means they get away with throws.

hope they crack down in it, otherwise you might as well introduce throws in to rule book.

im just pissed that it went unchecked in the b8ggest game of the year.

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Unlike most on this thread, I've watched the GF about ten times. We definitely got some good calls, and were on the positive side of the umpiring. But as with a lot of things in life things aren't as 'black and white' as is being made out.
-All these so-called 'throws' are super fast handballs practiced to perfection. An umpire can't pay a free kick if the player is too fast for him to know.
-Buddy was caught with the footy red handed a few times but playing was the call.
-a bunch of the frees for were 'play on to advantage' so we had the ball any way but it goes down on the stats sheet as a free and we would have the ball anyway.
- Kieren Jack or Luke Parker got a super soft one right in front of goal in the third quarter for a fair bump.
- in one of Kennedys two goals in the second Easton Wood got illegally taken out of the marking contest?
-and finally watch the Easton Wood Dan Hannebery contested in real time and leading up to their clash. They both wanted the ball, and Easton got there first! It's should never be a free kick, he did not slide!
Football is an emotional game for us fans and I wouldnt enjoy the GF if I thought, like you people, that we were gifted. I challenge you to watch the game with a neutral (which I have done). Great game but we were slicker, didn't miss many shots and won a classic. There is no conspiracy. The swans fans at the game where I was were all class (standing room bay 13) we shouted each other drinks all day. To Mark and Brett and the family and others thanks for a great day.

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
i wonder if the swans sent a please explain to the afl along with clips of all the throws that werent called on the day. id say there were at least 3-4 throws each quarter.

i also think the dogs have trained their handball technique to bend the rules. moving both hands so theyre essentially throwing the ball while getting a fist to it. which means if they dont get a fist to the ball its more difficult for umpires to identify, which means they get away with throws.

hope they crack down in it, otherwise you might as well introduce throws in to rule book.

im just pissed that it went unchecked in the b8ggest game of the year.

I'm not going to go into the technicalities of the Bulldogs handball technique, but I will point out that they handballed that way for the entire season. The umpires can't just leave something alone for the whole year and then start calling throws in the last game. Regardless of whether or not they are bending the rules, its not like they just started doing it in the Granny. If the umpires had an issue with it then they would have addressed it earlier, but they clearly don't so play on.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
The "Dogs were slicker" argument is wearing VERY thin, yes, they had fewer passengers and we had a few who didn't stand up on the day, but the game was still in the balance when Hannebery went off and for most of the day it was a fairly close contest, which made the lopsided free kick count stand out even more.

I know some of the Dogs supporters posting here mean well, but seriously all you are doing is deflecting from the topic, namely, how the biggest game of the year was affected by umpire incompetence, without taking away anything from the Bulldogs' win, as they were still worthy premiers.

The "Dogs were slicker" argument is wearing VERY thin, yes, they had fewer passengers and we had a few who didn't stand up on the day, but the game was still in the balance when Hannebery went off and for most of the day it was a fairly close contest, which made the lopsided free kick count stand out even more.

I know some of the Dogs supporters posting here mean well, but seriously all you are doing is deflecting from the topic, namely, how the biggest game of the year was affected by umpire incompetence, without taking away anything from the Bulldogs' win, as they were still worthy premiers.

Luckier than a dog with two dicks to even be there let alone win

I was worried after gws got ripped off in the prelim, and my worries were confirmed

Unlike most on this thread, I've watched the GF about ten times. We definitely got some good calls, and were on the positive side of the umpiring. But as with a lot of things in life things aren't as 'black and white' as is being made out.
-All these so-called 'throws' are super fast handballs practiced to perfection. An umpire can't pay a free kick if the player is too fast for him to know.
-Buddy was caught with the footy red handed a few times but playing was the call.
-a bunch of the frees for were 'play on to advantage' so we had the ball any way but it goes down on the stats sheet as a free and we would have the ball anyway.
- Kieren Jack or Luke Parker got a super soft one right in front of goal in the third quarter for a fair bump.
- in one of Kennedys two goals in the second Easton Wood got illegally taken out of the marking contest?
-and finally watch the Easton Wood Dan Hannebery contested in real time and leading up to their clash. They both wanted the ball, and Easton got there first! It's should never be a free kick, he did not slide!
Football is an emotional game for us fans and I wouldnt enjoy the GF if I thought, like you people, that we were gifted. I challenge you to watch the game with a neutral (which I have done). Great game but we were slicker, didn't miss many shots and won a classic. There is no conspiracy. The swans fans at the game where I was were all class (standing room bay 13) we shouted each other drinks all day. To Mark and Brett and the family and others thanks for a great day.

Mate read facebook twitter etc\

Enough neutrals think we were robbed. And considering how hated we are over buddy. Cola, tippett etc that means it must be pretty awful.

The afl even came out and said umpires were crap

If the roles were reversed the outrage against the hated swans would still be going, lucky everyone loves the loveable dogs so its a bit muted . But yeah use your own neutrals argument because most think the dogs were handed a flag

Luckier than a dog with two dicks to even be there let alone win

I was worried after gws got ripped off in the prelim, and my worries were confirmed
Based on week 1 of the finals, we're very lucky GWS didn't make the GF...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back