MRP / Trib. Umpiring, MRO, Tribunal, Rule Changes - 50m penalties for raising arms?

Remove this Banner Ad

I could sit down and happily explain 90% of decisions and why they were correct.
The ones that pissed me off at the ground were mostly players getting their heads ripped off and apparently no one doing anything about it. Seemed to piss off others in the crowd too from the reaction.

On reflection they were probably paid as advantage. Certainly one of them was as I've seen it in a 'last five minutes' clip and can hear the umpires mic in the broadcast, but the same is probably true of at least one other instance that turned into a shot at goal.

I wouldn't say the broadcast is always kind to the umpires, but letting the crowd get a bit crazy over umpiring because they don't fully know what is going on is probably not helpful. Next thing the umpires are getting booed and I'm sure for some of them that affects the decisions they make (for better or for worse).

The ones that pissed me off at the ground were mostly players getting their heads ripped off and apparently no one doing anything about it. Seemed to piss off others in the crowd too from the reaction.

On reflection they were probably paid as advantage. Certainly one of them was as I've seen it in a 'last five minutes' clip and can hear the umpires mic in the broadcast, but the same is probably true of at least one other instance that turned into a shot at goal.

I wouldn't say the broadcast is always kind to the umpires, but letting the crowd get a bit crazy over umpiring because they don't fully know what is going on is probably not helpful. Next thing the umpires are getting booed and I'm sure for some of them that affects the decisions they make (for better or for worse).
Also not knowing the rules contributes to this.

Also not knowing the rules contributes to this.
Imagine having a senior umpire at the quarter time breaks explain an interpretation of why said decision was made?!

Would be bloody brilliant and something id enjoy not the 100s of gambling ads that tell me to gamble responsibly

Imagine having a senior umpire at the quarter time breaks explain an interpretation of why said decision was made?!

Would be bloody brilliant and something id enjoy not the 100s of gambling ads that tell me to gamble responsibly
And have thousands boo him because they refuse to accept their initial take was wrong.

Think he's talking about on TV
And have thousands sit at home and melt about how he's clueless because they refuse to accept their initial take was wrong.

it's fun when they have a bad loss. Nothing like drinking the salty tears on an autopsy thread lol
I can't tell if you're talking our board or opposition boards?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I look like a ripe dill. Get the perception we hardly get goals from frees. Turns out other teams are just screwed harder

e0cbe679360e601d2be0bf4615b374b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that table confusing to anyone else? It says we have kicked the least from free kicks (11) then shouldn’t that number be in the ‘for’ category in the table? Which in turns mean we do have one of the worse differentials in terms of goals from free kicks compared to opponents?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back