MRP / Trib. Umpiring, MRO, Tribunal, Rule Changes - 50m penalties for raising arms?

Remove this Banner Ad

I just couldn't see it properly, but was Lynch's first goal on Ridley a push in the back? I didn't think there was much in it at the time, but I don't think many would argue if Ridley received the free.
Richardson quickly covered by saying “he used his forearm”
Looked like a hand in the back to me.

Pretty annoying when you side has enough issues within itself and then you start getting an average rub of the green with decisions.

we are last in frees for this season for a reason.

umps * us week in week out.

but letting teams triple your inside 50 count is never going to help either.

This would have been a 50 against us:

I wish I was exaggerating.

We like to rip the umpires, but well done to that umpiring for not paying it.

jesus christ - 100% that should have been 50... based on the games I watch

Watched this game with a one-eyed Saints' fan (my nephew) who also thought there should have been a 50 for staging.

How salty are these Richmond folk?

Anyone would think they lost. :D :D :D

lol

Richmond supporter dont even know what the word dignity ******* means.

if they did they would be copping what Grimes and that ginger dished out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grimes was charged for both striking and staging.
Vlastuin only for staging.

didnt see where grimes got charged for striking? whatever i'm happy the AFL at least called it out.

even though its just a piss weak fine.

give him a week

guarantee he doesn't do it again.

really do despise staging.
hated when Lloyd and Monfries did it.

i think it should be suspension worthy. AFL wants ppl to lay off umps, or fans to stop overacting on players twitter accounts, need to stamp this out.
Umpires just need to be briefed on who the known stagers are and stop giving them free kicks

Make that fact known to the players and it will stop very quickly

Umpires just need to be briefed on who the known stagers are and stop giving them free kicks

Make that fact known to the players and it will stop very quickly
just posted this on the non-essendon thread

Not just the AFL, players need to make a stand too and call out their own.
make it shameful.

really do despise staging.
hated when Lloyd and Monfries did it.

i think it should be suspension worthy. AFL wants ppl to lay off umps, or fans to stop overacting on players twitter accounts, need to stamp this out.

Devon Smith does it sometimes too

Hate it

just posted this on the non-essendon thread

Not just the AFL, players need to make a stand too and call out their own.
make it shameful.

It's probably a bit hard for some players to make a stand against it when it's players within the leadership group at their club doing it

Dylan Grimes, Richmond, has been charged with Striking (Fixed Financial Sanction) Jake Stringer, Essendon, during the first quarter of the Round 13 match between Essendon and Richmond, played at TIO Stadium on Saturday August 22.

In summary, he can accept a $750 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Striking (Fixed Financial Sanction). The incident was classified as a $1250 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $750 sanction with an early plea.

Dylan Grimes, Richmond, has been charged with Staging (Fixed Financial Sanction) during the second quarter of the Round 13 match between Essendon and Richmond, played at TIO Stadium on Saturday August 22.

In summary, he can accept a $750 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Staging (Fixed Financial Sanction). The incident was classified as a $1250 sanction as a second offence. The player can accept a $750 sanction with an early plea.

Tom Lynch, Richmond, has been charged with Striking Michael Hurley, Essendon, during the fourth quarter of the Round 13 match between Essendon and Richmond, played at TIO Stadium on Saturday August 22.The incident was classified as a direct referral to the Tribunal and the player cannot be offered an early plea.

Nick Vlastuin, Richmond, has been charged with Staging (Fixed Financial Sanction) during the fourth quarter of the Round 13 match between Essendon and Richmond, played at TIO Stadium on Saturday August 22.

In summary, he can accept a $500 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Staging (Fixed Financial Sanction). The incident was classified as a $750 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $500 sanction with an early plea.

Don't forget sanctions are all halved for 2020 due to COVID and pay cuts!
Financial Sanctions for 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership Season:
Please note, all financial sanctions payable under any existing code, rules or policy (including Tribunal fines, Code of Conduct, AFL Rules and AFL Regulations) will be reduced by 50 per cent for the 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership Season. The amounts listed above are the amended financial sanctions payable.

The value of fines in 2019 (and originally in 2020) are below:

Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 20.54.54.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back