Umpiring

Remove this Banner Ad

Over officiation.

This is exactly what happens in the game now.

2 umpires are better than 3. 4 is a nonsense.

I don't need umpires to get it right all the time. That actually isn't part of our game.

What I do need is for the game to be umpired where the people umpiring actually have a feel for the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm actually quite happy.

We won that game imo. Ben Brown kicked the winner. We just don't get the 4 points :)

Bias umpiring has worked in our favor. Keeps us in reach of top 2 pick.

This is exactly what happens in the game now.

2 umpires are better than 3. 4 is a nonsense.

I don't need umpires to get it right all the time. That actually isn't part of our game.

What I do need is for the game to be umpired where the people umpiring actually have a feel for the game.

The thing is that they are and have to be protected. Its a Catch 69.

It's a bullflogs game, why is everyone surprised?.

You could see the umpires literally panicking late that they hadn't done enough to get them over the line then they found a 50-50 in the goal square as we are about to hit the front and then award a bullshit 50 after the pleads of the brave bullflogs. If you head down to whitten oval early enough tomorrow you'll see them lining up for their cheque. Rort.

Dogs player jumped into the back of a North player within the first 5 mins of the game starting. No free, they then proceed to pay a barrage of soft as butter ones the other way and give us nothing for an entire half. We lost the count in the 3rd as well and it felt "fair" because we weren't getting completely and utterly reamed. I assumed they would cost us the game at half time so I wouldn't be upset at the end. It didn't work that well.

So did the decisions against Higgins and Brown actually cost us the game?

Of course not. It was that plus the 20 that went their way and the complete lack of return the other way.

If Higgins is allowed to take his set shot (assuming play on was called early), he scores.

There is your 1 point game right there
On tr radio they said the bigger issue was that timenon was c allied by an umpire 40 metres away that Higgo couldn't hear - the umpire close to him said nothing. And of course he is looking at the goals while an opponent has the luxury of looking for visual cues from the distant umpire. Really poor if that's what happened, the umpire nearest the kicker needs to be doing the talking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back