Umpiring

Remove this Banner Ad

After watching tonight's great innovation of the non controlling umpire calling play on when a player is taking a shot for goal, I think the AFL might be onto something.

To improve goal umpiring decisions they should get the goal umpire at the other end of the ground to make the decision.

I'm still flabbergasted how an umpire 5 metres away didn't do anything but the guy 40 metres away made a call that the player couldn't even hear.

And what ******* made the decision to take the countdown clock off the screen in the last two minutes? The rule is you get 30 seconds to take your shot so who gives a flying * if a player looks at the screen to make the use of the full 30?

I'm sure Higgins would have commenced his routine if he could have seen the countdown clock.

This whole we can't do this because of the look of the game s**t is becoming a farce. If you really want to improve the look of the game AFL then employ decision makers that have a ******* clue.

What in the **** of all ****s was Brown's mark not legal?
Because Mason Wood had no eyes for the ball (scared), and ran straight into a dogs player half a second before the ball arrived. The ironic thing is, that he wasn't trying to block for Brown, he saw someone coming out of the corner of his eye and s**t himself, and went all self preservation mode.

Donlon is number 1. That Wood decision was Rot. When in real time and on the wider lense you can Wood running back with eyes on the ball. He then takes a quick look at the on coming traffic and props to brace for collision. Umpire ****stick pays a free for shepherding. Get ****** Jerkoff! :stern look
Pretty much what I said.... but you said it nicer.

Pretty much what I said.... but you said it nicer.
He had eyes for the Ball initially. It ain't a soft utensil move to look where the oncoming traffic is at. I put it to you that you would've done the same in that circumstance. :stern look

I'm still flabbergasted how an umpire 5 metres away didn't do anything but the guy 40 metres away made a call that the player couldn't even hear.

Watching the replay of this, you can see that it was stringer urging the ump to call play on, and the lapdog did as he was told. The ump who was watching the mark 5m from Higgins looked shocked as well. He was not aware that the non-officiating ump was going to do that.

Shambles.

Pathetic.

Incompetent.

I can't stand the Dogs, who are now my most hated team. They recieved a free ride throughout the finals last year & that's continuing on this year. Ducking, diving, throwing, cheating, campaigners. Watching their games is infuriating and I'd rather s**t in my hands & clap. Last nights game was the worst one sided umpiring display I've seen all year. Yuck.

(Yes I blame the Dogs as much as the umpires).

I can't stand the Dogs, who are now my most hated team. They recieved a free ride throughout the finals last year & that's continuing on this year. Ducking, diving, throwing, cheating, campaigners. Watching their games is infuriating and I'd rather s**t in my hands & clap. Last nights game was the worst one sided umpiring display I've seen all year. Yuck.
What are you doing outside the Josh Kelly threads?;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worst umpiring I've seen since I can remember, it was clear Bulldogs were being supported on the ground from the umpires. Any chance they had to find reason to pay a free, they took their opportunity. In that first half, the amount of free kicks they had that were completely bullcrap resulted in easy goals. Umpiring swayed the game in their favour.
That Ben brown decision, what a joke.

Because Mason Wood had no eyes for the ball (scared), and ran straight into a dogs player half a second before the ball arrived. The ironic thing is, that he wasn't trying to block for Brown, he saw someone coming out of the corner of his eye and s**t himself, and went all self preservation mode.

Sorry philly, youve lost me on that one.
Mase has been bad in the last few weeks, and shiukd of been dropped, but that contest, he was looking at the ball, noticed BBB in a better poss, and braced for contact. he did the right thing. that was not a block....
since that was deemed a block, why were the 2 identical ones down the other end not paid?

Wasnt donlon also officiating a game early on in the year against us that raised the ire of us north supporters...i just cant remember what it was about and who it was against.. it caused uproar at the time. ah thats rigtht it was the 3rd man up thing against the bulldogs on good friday when Donlan allowed 2 bulldogs players to nominate for the ruck and a free against Swallow was paid for shepharding.. have u got that footage giantroo. im sure it was the same umpire

Giantroo can you please make a video of every single Bulldogs free kick and how they led to goals/stopped us from getting goals. That'd be interesting.

Wasnt donlon also officiating a game early on in the year against us that raised the ire of us north supporters...i just cant remember what it was about and who it was against.. it caused uproar at the time. ah thats rigtht it was the 3rd man up thing against the bulldogs on good friday when Donlan allowed 2 bulldogs players to nominate for the ruck and a free against Swallow was paid for shepharding.. have u got that footage giantroo. im sure it was the same umpire
external.jpg

Sorry philly, youve lost me on that one.
Mase has been bad in the last few weeks, and shiukd of been dropped, but that contest, he was looking at the ball, noticed BBB in a better poss, and braced for contact. he did the right thing. that was not a block....
since that was deemed a block, why were the 2 identical ones down the other end not paid?

Philly needs to stop being a dumb campaigner - wood ain't soft.
How many times does this guy stand under the helicopter kicks forward with himself open to defenders smashing him.

Don't think that would of been paid to the bullflogs

Beyond a joke! The dogs had 16 frees to our 3 at half time. I don't usually complain about the umps but this was a total stitch up! I'm sick of the umpiring at our games something HAS to be done about it I've had a gutful!

My favourite - the most deliberate out of bounds of the year not paid deliberate!
I was listening on triple m and fev was in utter disbelief. 'How can that not be deloverate? You've gotta be kidding me. What other intent did he have?'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back