Umpiring

Are they?

• Yes

Votes: 35 46.1%
  • No

Votes: 15 19.7%
  • They will until this group has officially been broken, Hardwick aint Coach and Gale isn't CEO

Votes: 26 34.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wife is a die-hard Swan so we're having a laugh about Friday night. Trying to make free kick predictions. After round 10 having a record of 46.1 frees average per game I'm going for a lower than usual count this week. Hopefully they umpire it like a final. Throw away the whistle!! I'm going 16-11 Swans way but a Tiges win of course. 🐯

Wife is a die-hard Swan so we're having a laugh about Friday night. Trying to make free kick predictions. After round 10 having a record of 46.1 frees average per game I'm going for a lower than usual count this week. Hopefully they umpire it like a final. Throw away the whistle!! I'm going 16-11 Swans way but a Tiges win of course. 🐯
31-11

Its double, we are on the bottom of that too and have given away double compared to the next team.

View attachment 1407399

Cant believe our club says nothing and just cops it. We should ask Bevo to comment for us and pay his fine.
90% of those 50s are from the carltoon game in round 1 😂

Wow Jon Ralph tried to talk to someone about the umpires and they refused to talk

******* pathetic, but at least they know what a s**t show it is

They are mid way thru the review of it apparently which is an out for them to alter the rule a bit with saving face

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have tried previously, and look where that has got us.

Reckon it'll onky change when teh powers that be are gone. Please let Benny take over. Reckon a lot will change if he gets in
What you are suggesting is Gill is the trouble and whilst heading the recruitment for his replacement he will anoint someone who will expose his errors ?

Dylan Grimes tackle apparently had a 'second motion' - it's called gravity you ******* moron.

That bloke is a deadset idiot. He thought the phrase was "putting it into Lehmann's terms" and thought Dreamtime game was well umpired.

I'm over the umpiring and it's just not our games as the Hawks v Brisbane game was a whistle fest. Those rough tackles against Grimes and I think the other was against Baker were both horrendous. The goal umpires are also joining in the madness and it won't be belong before the ballerinas on the boundary take to the stage. I cannot believe how many games in a season they've changed momentum in and the wrong outcome has eventuated. I used to be a fence sitter on bagging them and lived like a mushroom believing it would all even out, but it's just out of control and blind Freddy can see it .

Last edited:
Hawthorn vs Brisbane.

63 free kicks.

AFL directive to pay non existent free kicks to increase scoring.

Game is broken and unrecognisable.

I don't know how people still pay money to attend - make change - stop going.

We, I have been saying this for ages - we have umpire decisions deciding the game that have no basis nor do these incidents realistically affect any part of the footballing nature of play.

I won't go to games (ever again possibly), until the dissent 50m penalty is brought back to it being a serious act or offense (and if it is report them), the restrictive zone rule is re-visited to make it more workable for ball carrier and defender alike, and the Stand rule to allow a defender to step back and then sideways movement on the mark again. Just not interested in a contrived game anymore where the AFL is trying make it a thing of beauty to behold. The game must fashion itself, not be fashioned. This is the worst period of game manipulation I have ever known - yet these are not actual football playing moments.

It's laughable we were ever discussing the number of interchange as crucial to the evolution of the game, when Umpires now:

• call for a nomination to Ruck or they nominate for them,
  • we give the mark or free kick player carte blanche to gain an unfair advantage,
  • Umpires decide if they don't like the look or sound of something that is nothing more frustration, confusion or benign disagreement and then,
  • they create goal scoring moments that can change the course of the game.
Where is that man with the truck of chicken manure when we really need him!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
We, I have been saying this for ages - we have umpire decisions deciding the game that have no basis nor do these incidents realistically affect any part of the footballing nature of play.

I won't go to games (ever again possibly), until the dissent 50m penalty is brought back to it being a serious act or offense (and if it is report them), the restrictive zone rule is re-visited to make it more workable for ball carrier and defender alike, and the Stand rule to allow a defender to step back and then sideways movement on the mark again. Just not interested in a contrived game anymore where the AFL is trying make it a thing of beauty to behold. The game must fashion itself, not be fashioned. This is the worst period of game manipulation I have ever known - yet these are not actual football playing moments.

It's laughable we were ever discussing the number of interchange as crucial to the evolution of the game, when Umpires now:

• call for a nomination to Ruck or they nominate for them,
  • we give the mark or free kick player carte blanche to gain an unfair advantage,
  • Umpires decide if they don't like the look or sound of something that is nothing more frustration, confusion or benign disagreement and then,
  • they create goal scoring moments that can change the course of the game.
Where is that man with the truck of chicken manure when we really need him!!!!!!!!!
Agree with all of that mate and the other thing I've noticed is that the AFL is trying to keep games close as possible for bragging rights as to say they have an even competition. However we all know the competition has only about one genuine flag favourite with realistically two other challengers in Brisbane and possibly us , if we actually pick the genuine best 22 players available. We were robbed at least 7-10 goals by free kicks/50m against us as well as our forwards being disallowed marks, no HTB and free kicks against them which were not there. Then add the Dusty disallowed goal which the umpire claimed touch.

Agree with all of that mate and the other thing I've noticed is that the AFL is trying to keep games close as possible for bragging rights as to say they have an even competition. However we all know the competition has only about one genuine flag favourite with realistically two other challengers in Brisbane and possibly us , if we actually pick the genuine best 22 players available. We were robbed at least 7-10 goals by free kicks/50m against us as well as our forwards being disallowed marks, no HTB and free kicks against them which were not there. Then add the Dusty disallowed goal which the umpire claimed touch.
Mate, I've heard the blues are dead certs this year.

Back