Uncle Tony’s House - Grand re opening for S25!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so after the sad passing last night of Malcolm Young I am dedicating today in Uncle Tony’s to AC/DC memories. Pretty sure brother I Dont Care was a huge fan so this is for you. My two favourite songs, one for its pure innuendo and the other is just a damn good rock song!

5391268-3x2-940x627.jpg

A full selection of AC/DC wine I have donated for todays memorial service.

My favourite song...the singing quality ain't good on this though...something to do with avoiding copyright

Great choice. I really liked AC/DC much better with Bon Scott. Back in Black was probably their biggest album which would suggest I am in the minority!

Great choice. I really liked AC/DC much better with Bon Scott. Back in Black was probably their biggest album which would suggest I am in the minority!

I suspect Bon had a lot more to do with Back In Black then is let on. The day after he died he was coming in to start recording, which suggests he already had stuff written, all his notes were seized from his apartment before his family could act. His replacement, who is given credit for B&B lyrics, never wrote songs for his previous band...yet was given credit for writing all the lyrics for one of the biggest albums of all time

I suspect Bon had a lot more to do with Back In Black then is let on. The day after he died he was coming in to start recording, which suggests he already had stuff written, all his notes were seized from his apartment before his family could act. His replacement, who is given credit for B&B lyrics, never wrote songs for his previous band...yet was given credit for writing all the lyrics for one of the biggest albums of all time

Jailbreak was another classic song!

View attachment 438345

I know I'm not an SFAer but thought I'd just stumble into the bar, belt out some Highway & leave this here...

Will be wearing my Ballbreaker tour shirt with pride & sadness today.

RIP Mal.

Hey GTG you do not need to be an SFA’er to be welcome here friend. Would love you to post some memories. Wear that t shirt with pride today!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey GTG you do not need to be an SFA’er to be welcome here friend. Would love you to post some memories. Wear that t shirt with pride today!
Cheers TL.

At my highschool hall there was a stage that AC/DC once played. The band had carved names etc into the walls here & there... Was a piece of rock history the government torn down for "development" (new hall looks the same as the old one just shitter too btw).

I remember not being allowed to go to the Ballbreaker tour (too young at the time). It was November 96, got this shirt as a semi-apology xmas pressie. Problem being it was an adult L so was way too big. I suspect the person who bought it "for me" (who ended up wearing it for 10 years) had a plan... Seen them 3 times since. Probably my favourite concert shows to date. They could still out "balls out" any band, even only a few years ago.

Really proud to say I've played a Malcolm Young signature Gretch when I worked in a music shop too. For such a small bloke he could wrestle that thing pretty damn well I reckon.

Cheers TL.

At my highschool hall there was a stage that AC/DC once played. The band had carved names etc into the walls here & there... Was a piece of rock history the government torn down for "development" (new hall looks the same as the old one just shitter too btw).

I remember not being allowed to go to the Ballbreaker tour (too young at the time). It was November 96, got this shirt as a semi-apology xmas pressie. Problem being it was an adult L so was way too big. I suspect the person who bought it "for me" (who ended up wearing it for 10 years) had a plan... Seen them 3 times since. Probably my favourite concert shows to date. They could still out "balls out" any band, even only a few years ago.

Really proud to say I've played a Malcolm Young signature Gretch when I worked in a music shop too. For such a small bloke he could wrestle that thing pretty damn well I reckon.

Great post!

You should join the Bombers next season GTG!

I like the idea of playing alongside quality Swans posters like Cloud_... And who knows how long until miggs decides to swap sides again right?

Maybe he hasn’t announced it yet but I am pretty sure Cloud_ is coming to the Bombers next season. miggs still owes me a beer so he is going nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back