Uncommon/unpopular gaming opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Another spin-off from the unpopular opinions thread on the main board, and the unpopular opinions (non football) thread on GD, which has for the last few pages become a GTA debate with other ungrateful posters interrupting to post non GTA opinions, I thought it would be good to start a gaming specific one.

GTA V was an letdown.
Map was hollow feeling, empty, and overrated. The city was bland, hardly interactive, and poorly planned, executed, the blaine county area was mostly empty or full of unused eye candy. The ocean, whilst cool and deep sea diving was a nice feature, was bit of a band aid to how boring some of the land areas were.
The campaign feels short in hindsight, and Franklin was a poor man's CJ.
The radio stations, whilst again, is entirely opinion, were nowhere near as strong across all genres as VC or SA, and even IV was a little better quality.
The restrictive wardrobe where clothes were restricted to certain characters and not universally available made no sense.
Lots of other tidbits, but they are my main gripes.
Compliments where due, Michael and Trevor were fun and the writing was and dialogue was great.

Whilst not the best in the series, Assassins Creed 1's open world style was more interesting than the linear sequels, but the sequels were overall better games.

PC gaming is no longer practical with the almost overnight technology advancements and increasing hardware demand

They are the main ones off the top of my head!

PC gaming is no longer practical with the almost overnight technology advancements and increasing hardware demand

Never understood this tbh, I feel it's something people who don't actually own a gaming PC say. Sure, if you want to play every new release at Ultra++ you'll need to constantly upgrade but if you're happy to play games on medium-high any decent rig will last a good 5 years without upgrade.

Never understood this tbh, I feel it's something people who don't actually own a gaming PC say. Sure, if you want to play every new release at Ultra++ you'll need to constantly upgrade but if you're happy to play games on medium-high any decent rig will last a good 5 years without upgrade.

I didn't console game during the ps2/xbox/gamecube generation, was only PC. Needed to upgrade specs once in about 6 years. Admittedly I haven't pc gamed recently, but some mates do and watching their full machines go out of date in under 2 years... I couldn't do it.

Last edited:

I didn't console game during the ps2/xbox/gamecube generation, was only PC. Needed to upgrade specs once in about 6 years. Admittedly I haven't gamed recently, but some mates do and watching their full machines go out of date in under 2 years... I couldn't do it.

You can easily get through an entire console generation with the same PC.

P.C. gaming isn't the only gaming worth a damn. Nor are they the messiah. Nor are they "OMG PC GAMING ROX LOLROFLCOPTERSAURUS CONSOLE GAMING FK YOU!"
There was a good reason for Nintendo to release the New 3DS the way they did.

I don't have enough opinions that pop up to the top of my mind like those.

Assassins creed sucks
Beyond, Two souls Sucked
The last of us Sucked
heavy Rain Sucked

A lot of triple A games suck. Polished yes, overall the product sucked. The last of us is the biggest example, Remarkably average game, multiplayer is pretty fun, but ehhh

Opposed to buying a piece of hardware which stays the same for 6 years becomming obsolete?

- Skyrim was ok, big letdown.
- TWD survival instincts game was actually quite enjoyable.
- The Warriors is one of the best games ever
- GTA V story was crap, online fantastic though

The original plan for the Xbox One was a great idea that was poorly presented.

One or two small tweaks and sticking to their guns they'd be the #1 console.

Naughty Dog don't know how to do gameplay, they are amazing at pretty much everything else though.

GTAIV wasn't crap and people complaining have completely forgotten how good it was when it was first released.

GTA Online is a disappointment but the single player was absolutely fantastic.

I loved GTA IV, the realism of the game (compared to the over the top nature of Vice City and San Andreas) made it not as replayable once the storyline was completed.... but it was still pretty good.

GTA V was not that great overall imo, I had fun during parts of the story missions (Trevor being the best to play as). I abandoned the game not long after I finished the story.... didn't even completely rip off the stock market to give myself the squillions of dollars (only got 1/4 of the way through all of the options).

Mercenaries: Playground of destruction is top 5 games for its generation

Far Cry 2 > Far Cry 3

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

There was absolutely nothing wrong with Zelda 2. When you realise you need to look at it in context, it was the second game of the entire series. Nintendo needed to see what might work and to some it actually did.

The FPS trend in its current incarnation is the absolute scum of the video game industry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assassins creed sucks
Beyond, Two souls Sucked
The last of us Sucked
heavy Rain Sucked

A lot of triple A games suck. Polished yes, overall the product sucked. The last of us is the biggest example, Remarkably average game, multiplayer is pretty fun, but ehhh

Opposed to buying a piece of hardware which stays the same for 6 years becomming obsolete?

TLoU is average? You just have a poor taste in games!

Assassins creed sucks
Beyond, Two souls Sucked
The last of us Sucked
heavy Rain Sucked

?
Geez tough crowd, interested to know what games you do like?

Geez tough crowd, interested to know what games you do like?
Oh, you probably haven't heard of them before, they are pretty underground
256458_5_.jpg

So my top 10 most played steam games (One's which were not kept on idle for millions of hours)
Payday 2
Skyrim
Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2
X Com
Fallout New Vegas
FTL
Hotline Miami
Fallout 3
Farcry 3

Anything really i guess, I think Solid gameplay mechanics>>>any story for me, While The last of us was more about the story them gameplay i really disliked it.

Oh, I also ******* hate David Cage, that gives you an idea

Remove this Banner Ad

Back