Uncommon/unpopular gaming opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

I think its more than an easter egg. in Watchdogs 2 there was a side mission where you hack ubisoft and leak a trailer for a game called osiris. which was the internal codename for Ass creed origins

Wolfenstein 2009 is the best game of the series is mine unpopular opinon. Our man, BJ, still rather slim and not too talkative finds a thule medallion and has to Deathhead (boss of 2014 wolfenstein) to access the energy of the black sun and destroy the world.

The game is semi open world where the town of isenstadt is this hub much like prague from deus ex mankind divided.

You have to go around the city to get to main objective missions and there are plenty of other areas for side missions.

You find intel spread around the city and money to buy upgrade parts.

Most importantly, the game sticks to the old wolfenstein source material, i.e. fighting occultist nazis and not the machine cyborg hi tech nazi crap.

Wolfenstein 2009 is the best game of the series is mine unpopular opinon. Our man, BJ, still rather slim and not too talkative finds a thule medallion and has to Deathhead (boss of 2014 wolfenstein) to access the energy of the black sun and destroy the world.

The game is semi open world where the town of isenstadt is this hub much like prague from deus ex mankind divided.

You have to go around the city to get to main objective missions and there are plenty of other areas for side missions.

You find intel spread around the city and money to buy upgrade parts.

Most importantly, the game sticks to the old wolfenstein source material, i.e. fighting occultist nazis and not the machine cyborg hi tech nazi crap.

The only one I haven't played. Actually picked it up for cheap at a local Sunday market (random af) not that long ago, but my Xbox 360 is packed up and it's not BC.

Not available on any digital store, so I grabbed it when I saw it anyway. One day I'll plug ye olde 360 back in and give it a bash. Maybe.

The only one I haven't played. Actually picked it up for cheap at a local Sunday market (random af) not that long ago, but my Xbox 360 is packed up and it's not BC.

Not available on any digital store, so I grabbed it when I saw it anyway. One day I'll plug ye olde 360 back in and give it a bash. Maybe.

I download on pc, put a few reshade mods, looks really good in 1080.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did not like Horizon Zero Dawn, so I got no interest in Forbidden West.

I might get it in a few years when it's free on PS Plus.

Not as far as did not like but I also didn't get the fuss. I thought the machines were cool and taking them down in particular ways for crafting materials was cool but besides that I found it to be a pretty standard open world affair. I probably won't grab Forbidden West at launch eiter, especially with Sony's $124 digital pricing model. With it looking to come out Q1 next year I'm guessing it will be a 2022 Christmas purchase for me.

Digital sales are a ******* scam, pretty much the same as a physical copy, that's a rort since there should be no overheads, and you run the risk of the game being removed forever like Forza Horizon 3, which now only exists for those who own it on disc.

GOAT car game by the way.

Digital sales are a ******* scam, pretty much the same as a physical copy, that's a rort since there should be no overheads
I agree 100% but I wouldn't think that this is an uncommon opinion is it?

I agree 100% but I wouldn't think that this is an uncommon opinion is it?

I dunno, lot of people prefer them to store sales for no other reason than convenience. Is it worth massively overpaying for something for that? I’d rather take the five minutes to go to the shop or order online.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I dunno, lot of people prefer them to store sales for no other reason than convenience. Is it worth massively overpaying for something for that? I’d rather take the five minutes to go to the shop or order online.

Yeah I am always amazed by the idiots who purchase digital only new consoles to save $100

Not realizing that that money will be eaten up by the bullshit prices of digital games

I try to be digital because I jump around from game to game a lot and don't want to be constantly ******* around with discs, but boy its hard not to get that 40 dollar saving from just getting it on amazon or something.

I’ve replaced a few disc games with heavily discounted digital versions for that reason (at least 60% off) that I have on favourite rotation, but new games are always disc.

Anyone who has been a PC gamer have been digital for the last 15 years. It's just what you're accustomed to. Consoles will catch up. Physical media will be a relic.
And thus my unpopular opinion: You'll get rooted in your alimentary canal if you rely solely on digital. You have no true ownership of something digital, you rely on accessibility at all times. If you own a physical copy that has all the base game on it, you own it forever. If you buy something digital, you have a temporary licence. There is a very good reason companies like Limited Run Games, Super Rare Games and Strictly Limited Games exist whether you care to pay their conversion rates or not.

Digital-only fanatics will be in so much pain later in life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back