Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Just watching the under 18's at the moment and earlier read Emma Quayle's blog on The Age website.

Normally Emms pretty upbeat, but she reckons it's pretty slim pickings this year with all and sundry hanging out for the 2012 draft. Very thin on the groind for talls especially.

I'd be interested to hear, from those that follow it closely, some names to keep an eye on from our perspective.

There was a few mentioned on AFL Insider last night that North may be interested in.

Ill see if I taped it later and ill note down the names, when Shifter read out the stats of one of them Brad (jokingly) Interjected "WE'LL TAKE HIM!", believe he was a 193cm well built KPF.

I haven't seen too much to get excited about.

Kids are kids. You pick a type of player put them into a professional full time system and watch them grow.

If there aren't any pre-made superstars than then too bad for GWS. We'll be looking at bolstering a few needs and no doubt when they get to the club we'll all be pleasantly suprised at their quality.

Nah. Even Patton looks like he could be another Hawkins. Looks like a good year to promote your rookies if warranted ,trade or just take your mandatory selections.

I'd only delist the minimal 3 players this season.

Meh, some years look great, and turn out rubbish, other completely surprise you.

I think this year might be the latter.

But I think most now know why Lewis pulled the pin on Harper last year, he'd be a 10-15 pick in this years crop imo.

There was a few mentioned on AFL Insider last night that North may be interested in.

Ill see if I taped it later and ill note down the names, when Shifter read out the stats of one of them Brad (jokingly) Interjected "WE'LL TAKE HIM!", believe he was a 193cm well built KPF.

It was a Tasmanian tall forward who'd recently chosen footy ahead of cricket. Shifter described him as a cross between Peter Hudson and Alistair Lynch.

I think he was a Jason or a Justin with a Dutch sounding surname.

It was a Tasmanian tall forward who'd recently chosen footy ahead of cricket. Shifter described him as a cross between Peter Hudson and Alistair Lynch.

I think he was a Jason or a Justin with a Dutch sounding surname.

Spot on Mr R, ill check the name now so people can have a bit of an e-perv.

Edit: My copy was corrupt -_-

Wasnt Julian Dobosz was it? Kicked a bag of 7, 6, and a couple of 4s i believe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm liking more of what I see in the WA v SA game.

Kids are kids. You pick a type of player put them into a professional full time system and watch them grow.

If there aren't any pre-made superstars than then too bad for GWS. We'll be looking at bolstering a few needs and no doubt when they get to the club we'll all be pleasantly suprised at their quality.

Never mind being 'pleasantly surprised at their quality', you know BF Dunderhead. We'll be talking them up as the saviors of the club, and looking to dump half of our 2011's best side to make room for them in our Round One in 2012!!!!

You know it makes sense. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Meh, some years look great, and turn out rubbish, other completely surprise you.

I think this year might be the latter.

But I think most now know why Lewis pulled the pin on Harper last year, he'd be a 10-15 pick in this years crop imo.

Pykie, any chance of Hoskin-Elliott getting through to pick 15-20?

Pykie, any chance of Hoskin-Elliott getting through to pick 15-20?

This is the exact sort of player that would probably be around our mark.

This years draft IMO is looking pretty thin. It seems that the representative teams are picked based on players who are athletes rather than natural footballers, alot of good footballers in the TAC have missed out in previous years

Dom Tyson looked BLOODY good.

EFA Groucho. Tall, quick, classy decision maker, perfect kick on both feet. The exact type of player who'd add a touch of class to our midfield in the future.

Whitfield from Vic Country looks bloody good too, for the 2012 draft.

Very impressed with 193cm KPF Jackson Paine, of Vic Metro, as well.

Who was that lightning quick CHB ex volleyball player for Vic Country? Frost? Well worth keeping an eye on.

Would love to get any of the following players:

Mitchell Grigg (sa)
Ben Kennedy (sa)
Dayle Garlett (wa)
Julian Dobosz (tas)
Sam Dobson (country)
Liam Sumner (Metro)
Will Hoskin-Ellliot (metro)
Elliot Kavanagh (metro)
Sam Frost (metro)
David Kruse (NT)
Anthony Gugliotta (NT)
Peter Yagmoor (QLD)
Adam Oxley (QLD)
Jimmy Webster (tas)

NEXT year's national draft is shaping up as one of the best talent pools in a decade.

While Greater Western Sydney will dominate this year's early picks, it is next season's lot that is earning comparisons to the 2001 "super draft" that produced Luke Hodge, Luke Ball and Chris Judd. A comparable bunch of future superstars is expected to emerge next year. "This year there are probably about three four-star players but next year it looks like there will be about 10 five-star players," one recruiter said yesterday. "Is it as good as 2001? It is looming as an absolute cracker, so if it's not, it won't be far off." Another scout said: "Next year trumps this year's batch comfortably. "This year there might a few wipe-outs if some clubs don't get the picks right, but there are going to be some superstars next year."

The theory was boosted further last night when classy midfielder Lachie Whitfield, 16, was one of Vic Country's best in a heavy defeat to Vic Metro at Etihad Stadium. Whitfield sparkled with 23 possessions and produced one of the highlights of the match, a one-handed contested mark on the boundary line. Whitfield, gun midfielders Nick Vlastuin, Brad Crouch and running backman Matthew Haynes are considered among the cream of the crop for next year. The 2012 draft will be the first in three years that will not be compromised by new clubs being given the majority of early picks. Clubs entering the rebuilding phase already see it as a key opportunity.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...on-class-of-2012/story-e6frf9jf-1226089262240

Yep, average bunch.

We should delist the bare minimum 3 players this season and promote some rookies.

I'll be happy if we can snag a running half back/winger and a future KPF (McKernan?). I wouldn't even be averse to looking at Flossys kid for a rookie spot.

Spot on Mr R, ill check the name now so people can have a bit of an e-perv.

Edit: My copy was corrupt -_-

Wasnt Julian Dobosz was it? Kicked a bag of 7, 6, and a couple of 4s i believe

Sorry, DP. I've been offline. That was the name, I think. Shifter said he'd kicked a string of big scores and was the sort of genuine tall forward we needed.

If he's got deficiencies (slow?) he might slip through to us in the second round.

assuming our first round pick is somewhere between 15-20 i would want 1 of devon smith, dom tyson, matt buntine, liam sumner or will hoskin-elliot

I've never heard of him, but Matt Buntine's got a footballer's name.

Like Bellchambers.

What sort of player is Buntine - tall, short, fast, slow, fat, thin? He's not a utility player is he?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back