Under 18's Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the traditional all 3 senior reserve and under 18 teams play on the same day at the same ground. With grading it just wouldn't work. I think it is a great idea but just not for me
I agree. That would be the ideal outcome. I would only deviate from that in cases like this year where the fixturing is interrupted...if teams concede they can't and won't be entering 18's then I think an alternative should be considered

Played dry weather footy on a wet muddy ground. Not a great performance by eds. credit to hillside still have coletta & bertollo to come in.

Hillside westy. The winner plays eds first final. Loser plays craigieburn. Finals are coming

Played dry weather footy on a wet muddy ground. Not a great performance by eds. credit to hillside still have coletta & bertollo to come in.

Hillside westy. The winner plays eds first final. Loser plays craigieburn. Finals are coming

I would say it's now out of EDS and Hillside..

EDS, Hillside and Craigeburn...all have too many big names.

Our big names (probably) won't be playing. It will be down to a group of kids who've held the side together in pretty good fashion and 3 or 4 of our 16s later on while those names have been playing senior footy.

EDS and Hillside for me.

Sorry lost on the big names I would say eds, biggest names would be playin with the big boys only 4 for burners 3 who have played all season and hillside same as eds

We can all bang on about how many are out of the under 18 teams. But at the end of the day there would only be one winner if all under 18 players became available.

Eds V Hillside
Westmeadows V Craigieburn.

That's how it will be I believe week one of the finals

We can all bang on about how many are out of the under 18 teams. But at the end of the day there would only be one winner if all under 18 players became available.

Eds V Hillside
Westmeadows V Craigieburn.

That's how it will be I believe week one of the finals
Who?

I heard from a few people over the weekend that the first round of the finals you are predicting is exactly what EDS are hoping for.

Massive game for Hillside and Westmeadows.

Hillside coming off a massive win over EDS and Westmeadows have been up for a while.

With Hillside seniors now safe from relegation will they play Coletta and others 18s that have been playing seniors in the 18s this week to secure the double chance ?

With Hillside seniors now safe from relegation will they play Coletta and others 18s that have been playing seniors in the 18s this week to secure the double chance ?

You'd think so, but you never know. Reckon they're good enough to win from out of the top 2, but a bye in a couple of weeks would be nice too.

Tips for the weekend:

Craigieburn to keep a nice roll on going into the finals with a 56 point win.
Hillside to show they'll be the team to beat with a 37 point win over Westmeadows.
EDS to get back on track with a 100+ win over Oak Park.
Glenroy to wrap their season up with a 42 point win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Hillside have named all their big guns for tomorrow's game. Sure does have a formidable look about it.

Heading down for the day and will get there early. Who are Hillisides big guns ? Is Colleta playing 18s.
Isn't he at Jets anymore ?

Wonder if they will double them up in the seniors

Heading down for the day and will get there early. Who are Hillisides big guns ? Is Colleta playing 18s.
Isn't he at Jets anymore ?

Enjoy mate, should be a beauty. He is, just not playing. Bertollo in too, along with Psaila and Komaitai who were back in last week.

Wonder if they will double them up in the seniors

Wouldn't be worth the risk you'd think.

Enjoy mate, should be a beauty. He is, just not playing. Bertollo in too, along with Psaila and Komaitai who were back in last week.
Coletta kicked 8 goals 2 by the results boy clearly has some talent

Last edited by a moderator:

Kid's a gun and a terrific young man to go with it.

Next weeks game should be an absolute ripper against Douttas.

Hey lads
Just wondering on the rules in the edfl about qualifying for finals in the players age group? I only ask because i saw coletta had only played the 1 game in the under 18s this year

Hey lads
Just wondering on the rules in the edfl about qualifying for finals in the players age group? I only ask because i saw coletta had only played the 1 game in the under 18s this year

Doesn't matter as he's an U18 player who can play at senior level. Just bad luck for the rest of us. :)

Tips for this week going for two upsets as both craigieburn and hillside to get key players back

Craigieburn by 26
Hillside by 15

The prospect of two very exciting games this weekend. I'll certainly be down at Greenvale Saturday morning for what should be one of the best games of the weekend if not the year.

It will be interesting to see who matches up on Coletta because that will be the key one. If Douttas can do that, then they can win. I think Hillside by 10-20 points.

The Craigieburn v Westmeadows game will be interesting. We've looked pretty poor in both games against them and have really only been there or thereabouts most of the season. Westy play a great team game and that's obviously the key for them. BigRed13 is right, we do have some good inclusions. Stewart, Hardstaff, Laffan and Micallef all back from the seniors. Still think this is a toss of the coin game and the potential to be the last game of the year for either side will make it even more intense. Eagles by 8.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back