Under 18's Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Very good performance by the Eagles today. Looked good right from the start. Coletta with 7 goals was excellent for Hillside. Perone, Wilkinson and Stewart all starred for Craigieburn and although Brandon kicked 7, I still thought Hardstaff done well too despite a couple of errors.

Douttas v Craigieburn really shapes up as a potentially very, very good grand final. Bring it on!!

BTW, just want to congratulate Hillside's Rusiate Komaitai on his great sportsmanship at the end of a game played in great spirits.

Wilkinson. Gee, he was very good. Perone's run was outstanding and no one could go with him. Stood at a couple of the Eagles huddles and remain impressed with Stewart. His voice is fantastic on and off field.

Bailey could've had a field day but was off with his boot. Grand final should be a beaut.

Who do you think will win the comp b&f auckmel?

I like Zwagerman from the Eagles who has been very good, Perone too any number of the Doutta boys could win it. Same goes for Hillside and Westmeadows. The top 4 teams have been pretty even and it wouldn't surprise if someone came from a bolt out of the blue and won it.

Who do you like?

I like Zwagerman from the Eagles who has been very good, Perone too any number of the Doutta boys could win it. Same goes for Hillside and Westmeadows. The top 4 teams have been pretty even and it wouldn't surprise if someone came from a bolt out of the blue and won it.

Who do you like?
I think you could be spot on, those players were quite good against us and the competition has been very even. I think maybe cambell from westmedows might get it.
Does anyone else have a favoured prediction?

I think you could be spot on, those players were quite good against us and the competition has been very even. I think maybe cambell from westmedows might get it.
Does anyone else have a favoured prediction?

I agree Cambell is a very bright prospect. I think for a dark horse young Mohamed Abdullatif from Glenroy may poll very well.

Boys are getting pretty excited already. Expecting us to be at full strength for the game with maybe one change from the Hillside game.

Great to hear Mel. You wouldn't think laffen and gorgevski would be coming back. Full strength Eagles means dangerous Eagles.

Could be upto 4 eds changes from two weeks ago

Zoccali
Hobbs
Fry
Rayner

Could all be among the inclusions

Ok so who is going from the burners line up I heard unchanged and if so whos dropped from seniors the only change would be young for saliba

Great to hear Mel. You wouldn't think laffen and gorgevski would be coming back. Full strength Eagles means dangerous Eagles.

Could be upto 4 eds changes from two weeks ago

Zoccali
Hobbs
Fry
Rayner

Could all be among the inclusions

We would be expecting all those kids to play and would plan accordingly. Pretty scary side, but our boys should be confident given the last two performances. Grand Finals are a strange thing and you just never know. Douttas deserve to be raging hot favourites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very excited heyyeah and Canplaythisguy maybe more excited than the boys :) but then it will be fathers day too, so maybe that's got a bit to do with it. LoL

Couple of late injury worries from yesterday and I hope the boys are getting well looked after :) This really has the makings of a very high quality game and the weather's looking pretty good too which will help both sides who have great running ability. It may well be the best final of the day.

Who wins though? Well, obviously I'll back our boys in. I think our midfield (obviously) is the key. Rubeidis' work in the ruck will determine how much ball Stewart, Perone and Vendramini get to run with. Parity might just be enough to get them home. For Douttas there's just so many good players it's hard to single out one to watch, but I'll go with Toa, Delacoe, Hobbs and Palumbo, 4 guys who I think will have a major impact on the game.

In the end I think it's going to be a thriller. Maybe won by under a goal. Just want to also add my best wishes to both sides on a great season and wish them both the very best of luck.

I'll go with CB. I think they are a more complete team who will play for each other and when things are tight and tough early they will unite and not fracture. EDS are by far the more talented side how ever as I noted in their final against HS if you can apply pressure they don't respond in a positive manner.

Grand Finals are won by champion teams not a team of champions so CB by 8 for me...good luck to both teams. Hope it's a great game and all the boys get through unscathed.

I'll go with CB. I think they are a more complete team who will play for each other and when things are tight and tough early they will unite and not fracture. EDS are by far the more talented side how ever as I noted in their final against HS if you can apply pressure they don't respond in a positive manner.

Grand Finals are won by champion teams not a team of champions so CB by 8 for me...good luck to both teams. Hope it's a great game and all the boys get through unscathed.

I like your take on the game and know the situation you are referring to in the first final. But in memory we were challenged and only down to 1 on the bench found away to kick 2 goals at the 20th and 22 minute mark to win. I think both teams are very good teams both with serious inclusions of under 16s
Browning & Vendramini
Rayner & Caluzzi.

Should be a cracking game.
Eds by 16 points
The days are ticking and the hours are closing in. How many of the boys will be sleeping tonight ?

Good luck to both teams
All the players and officials have done such a good job all season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back