Under 18's grading

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, well, well.... for a team that was "just making up the numbers" this year and no-one expected to get anywhere, yesterday the mighty panthers beat southport in the grand final. Could not be a happier man at the moment and to all those who had believed we wernt a good side/ walkovers etc etc, time to eat your own words. We did it, we are the best under 18 side in queensland!:thumbsu:

Does that mean we can perhaps see more than one Sunny coast team next year. with the talent spread amongst the two?:)

Alot of our boys are moving up or to state league teams but there are plenty of talented young boys to fill the void that is for sure. i think two teams would be reasonable.

seems a lot of junior clubs are getting the groe of brining back under 18's. Should this be sucessful, it will put a lot more boys into the mix. It can only help to improve the comp.

Hopefully the regional teams around Brisvegas will finally take their blinkers off. :D:D

Just a couple of things that reek about under 18 football in QLD-
I journeyed to Toowoomba with a friend a month ago, His son plays for Surfers under 18's. Now Surfers are undefeated in Div2 and kick everyones arse. Anyway I had been warned by a friend of the umps at Towoomba. apparently they are very ordinary. Problem is, the frees go the home teams way. Any how. what was clearly a game where one team was way more superior to another skillwise, saw a result where only 3 goals seperated both sides at the bell. The difference- I counted no fewer than 13- 50 metres to the home team. Now you might say thats just a bit of a furphy, we have all heard these allegations before. Well another chap I know was at Towoomba last week. He claims the home team received 8 - 50's in the last quarter in their narrow loss to the locals. 2 players from the away team walked off the field in disgust at the umpiring. Funny thing is- A third club also backs up my complaint and says the umps in the big T are a joke. Totally incompetent. They too had the similar trouble.

The second thing that reeks about under 18 football. Surfers are running around in Div2 and are way too talented fopr their opposition. (They even beat Towoomba at home). They have been placed in div2 whilst Western Magpies play div1 They could beat the magpies by 20 goals why was this allowed to happen.? Hand the Div2 flag to Surfers now.No one else can win it.

Former Toowoomba boy myself played there the last three years before heading to Morningside this year and wholehartedly agree about the umpires being an absolute joke. They are a disgrace. However having said that they are a disgrace at local level too so it isnt just for out of town teams thing.

Congrats to Caloundra i was one who wrote you off earlier in the year but am prepared to eat my words.

Who will control Under 18's, AFL Q , AFL BJ , ?????

Will the state league provide support?

Ahh many questions

hey guys can anyone tell me who won b and fs at each club etc. and who do u reckon were the best players for each club u played agianst names and numbers would be choice cheers

i can give u aspley
B and f - andrew green(13)
B and F Runner up- Lachlan Harris (21)
3rd B and f- Fraser nicholsonn-bleisner (15)

Also better players for div1
broady- james kelly, travis
mside- sandy hampson, alistair nash
sthport- Dane Beams, lachie moir
caloundra- Darcy, Nicky Price
magpies- greeny

Cant remember every award winner from the panthers but here goes
B & F: Ben Weightman
R/U B & F: Ben Hicks
Coaches Award: Aaron Picken
Best Finals: Aaron Picken and Nicky Price
Leading Goalkicker: Ryan Stewart