Under 18's teams in 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i dont give Learmonth any chace of beating Bungaree this week which will virtually put them out of the finals race
The other big game is Gordon V Buninyong. Should b a good game but romour is that both sides have players out, but both teams should b desperate 2 win any way because third place is up for grabs. Its at Gordon so i pick them by 20pts but wouldn't be surprised if there was an upset
Any thoughts

buninyong by 6 goals... to many bigger names for gordon either not playing or have the flu... could crush their top 3 chance...

So i dont give Learmonth any chace of beating Bungaree this week which will virtually put them out of the finals race
The other big game is Gordon V Buninyong. Should b a good game but romour is that both sides have players out, but both teams should b desperate 2 win any way because third place is up for grabs. Its at Gordon so i pick them by 20pts but wouldn't be surprised if there was an upset
Any thoughts
yes definitly a good game in Gordon V Buninyong depends if the gunnels play but i tip buninyong by 10 points just a good midfield

yes definitly a good game in Gordon V Buninyong depends if the gunnels play but i tip buninyong by 10 points just a good midfield

I see Learmonth are now out of finals for sure, bad luck guys, maybe something will be learnt about taking the game seriously if u really want to go far.
Also Buninyong kicked Gordons butt !! Well done
I cant see Gordon getting far in finals at this rate ??

I see Learmonth are now out of finals for sure, bad luck guys, maybe something will be learnt about taking the game seriously if u really want to go far.
Also Buninyong kicked Gordons butt !! Well done
I cant see Gordon getting far in finals at this rate ??

It was only 4 points mate, but it was wrong on chfl website site earlier.
From what ive heard is that all of Gordons players played but Buninyong had Felix Marshall, B Davies and Mcvitty all out. So that means Buninyong will prob end up 3rd and Creswick will prob end up 4th with Gordon 5th.

From what ive heard is that all of Gordons players played but Buninyong had Felix Marshall, B Davies and Mcvitty all out. So that means Buninyong will prob end up 3rd and Creswick will prob end up 4th with Gordon 5th.

So both gunnells and paul lahey played? if buninyong had davies n mcvity out thats a good effort to win because they rely on davies for their goals. how much did learmonth lose by?

Sorry bout that Gordon boys. The scores i saw on the chfl website showed a win of about 40 or more to the bunnies, which was a shock.
4pts that sounds like it would of been an excellent game to see!

So if Waubra beat Gordon this week then that would mean that Gordon probebly wouldn't make finals. I no there is basically no chance of that happening but wouldn't it be funny if it did.

So if Waubra beat Gordon this week then that would mean that Gordon probebly wouldn't make finals. I no there is basically no chance of that happening but wouldn't it be funny if it did.

if learmonth have consecutive 100-150 point wins and bunga beat gordon by 10 goals in the last round learmonth may even sneak in on percentage.
food for thought, maybe learmonth aren't done yet

not quite bungapremiers 06.

if waubra win this week then gordon and learmonth would go equal on points
and another loss to bunga the following week would mean they would miss out. gordon remaining on 44 but learmonth on 48
lose last 4 matches of the year would mean they wouldnt make finals...
but if it happened would they deserve to???
would be a bit of an upset if it happened:D

yeah it would be a huge upset
So out of the six sides still in the finals race who does everyone think is each teams most important player for them to go well in the finals

a great topic footy rilz.

bungaree:
joel mahar rarely has a bad game but i feel the barometer for the bungaree boys is a young man in joel duggan. when he is on the side seems to find that extra gear.

hepburn:
knight and cimera all do the work every week so i will go with the big number 9 (dont know his name) i think he is the key player to their success, if he gets on top he might be the man to give knight and cimera the service they deserve.

bunninyong:
miller a good player and needs to be on. we all expect him to be also. but again with the theme i think that gilbert and co across half back will be the key to this side.

gordon:
what has happened to the gordon boys in the last few weeks?
i expect the core players to have big games and be the men that get this side into the granny. wouldnt write them off yet.
but back to the topic. mark gunnel playing the key back position is vital to this side and aquilina in the middle.

creswick:
cant look past lockyer. will poll well in league b+f and creswick to have any chance of progressing past the 1st week will need him on. wyatte peters also needs to be on as they will need 1st hands on the footy to do the damage on the scoreboard

learmonth:
all year this has been the aston and mayall show. if they make it these are the boys that can take them into maybe the 2nd or 3rd week depending on matches. need some luck to go their way to get in but could be damaging if they make it.

a great topic footy rilz.

bungaree:
joel mahar rarely has a bad game but i feel the barometer for the bungaree boys is a young man in joel duggan. when he is on the side seems to find that extra gear.

hepburn:
knight and cimera all do the work every week so i will go with the big number 9 (dont know his name) i think he is the key player to their success, if he gets on top he might be the man to give knight and cimera the service they deserve.

bunninyong:
miller a good player and needs to be on. we all expect him to be also. but again with the theme i think that gilbert and co across half back will be the key to this side.

gordon:
what has happened to the gordon boys in the last few weeks?
i expect the core players to have big games and be the men that get this side into the granny. wouldnt write them off yet.
but back to the topic. mark gunnel playing the key back position is vital to this side and aquilina in the middle.

creswick:
cant look past lockyer. will poll well in league b+f and creswick to have any chance of progressing past the 1st week will need him on. wyatte peters also needs to be on as they will need 1st hands on the footy to do the damage on the scoreboard

learmonth:
all year this has been the aston and mayall show. if they make it these are the boys that can take them into maybe the 2nd or 3rd week depending on matches. need some luck to go their way to get in but could be damaging if they make it.

bungaree: jackson murphy just because he has such great skills around goal and is so hard to take out of a game.. when the ball gets down forward (which it often seems to do) he's always going to be dangerous.

hepburn:
cimera was very dangerous aginst us (bunnies) when it came down to the tight finish along with number 9 (tom robertson pretty sure), tom probably won that game for them that day and i could see him become quite dangerous with his strong pack marking ability.

bunninyong: miller and kitch are always dangerous from any angle so ill go with them.

gordon:
the gunnel boys are a deffinate stand out for them.. gordon would be a pretty average team without them

creswick:
Well lokyer would have to be it here besides from him there isnt alot goin for them.

learmonth:
aston is probably the only player here would deffinately take a miracle for these guys to make it.

sorry shooter i should have made it clear that i was assuming a victory over waubra this week. cant see them losing after springbanks victory over them. my crack at the key players come finals

bungaree:
Joel Duggan, possibly this years most underrated player. Silky skills and an attack on the ball that is as good as anyone in the league. A good Finals series from this man may see bunga a long way towards 4 in a row

hepburn:
Brett Knight, easily thier most proficient ball winner. shut him out of the game and you go a long way to beating the burras

bunninyong:
Joel Kitchen. Call him a sheepdog whatever you like but he's bloody good at it. If hes given the chance to run on his own he'll tear rings around you. Needs a player to run with or he could be very damaging come september

gordon:
Paul Lahey/James Mahar. Gordon are a side with an unbelievable spine but no depth in the flanks/pockets so midfield clearances are crucial to them. Lahey and Maher need to be stopped to negate the flow out of Gordon's midfield and are probably the biggest threats.

creswick:
Lockyer. Same as Kitchen you can't afford to let him run riot

learmonth:
Bit more depth than some of the sides in the five so a team effort is required against them. Mayall is one to stop out of the guts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bungaree:
Well as already stated I believe that Joel Mahar and Jackson Murphy will dominate any side so i believe that for Bunga 2 win it they need to get all their players back to full health and if Nick Locandro and Ash Matheson can doninate in the ruck then they will be very hard to beat

Hepburn:
Alec Cimera and Brett Knight are very good players and seem to be pretty consistant so for Hepburn to go well the will need some support. I believe that it is Liam O'Halloran is the best option and because he can go forward and kick goals he is an important player. Another key ingrediant that they need is a dominant forward, there forward line are alright but they dont have anyone that you could count on to mabe kick 4 or 5 to win them a game so they have alot of big blokes they need to try get one of them to play that role

Buninyong:
Joel Kitchen and Alex Bomatali are both very good consistant players so they will need a few of there more inconsistant players like Alex Miller and Brendan Davies to stand up. They just lack in the forward line so if Davies can lift a bit then that might help the rest of them.

Gordon:
They desperately need to get everyone back to full health and if they can do that then they will match any side in the competition. Obviouslly Ryan Aquilina, Brad Hallum and the Gunnels are very good players so i believe that all they need to do is get there players back to full health and they are a big contender.

Creswick:
Interesting side to choose here. Personally i dont rate Michael Lockyer as high as everyone else does but thats just my personal opinion. The players they really need to stand up for them would have to be Brad Murray, Caleb Hepworth and Siraj Abyre who is a good half forward flanker but its hard to see them making it far in finals

Learmonth:
Well obviously its Craig Aston. Hes the only player that they kick the ball to. He is a good player though, but if you can shut him down then they really dont have a chance

sorry shooter i should have made it clear that i was assuming a victory over waubra this week. cant see them losing after springbanks victory over them. my crack at the key players come finals

i am aware of that bp06 but i was just playing devils advocate.

rumour has it that waubra had a few boys out with school footy??
can anyone confirm?

so with buninyong having a sort of easy run home you would think they would finish third looking at the draw with gordan to play bungaree which i think bunga are a far to good team for gordan.this will make for and interesting finals predictions are buninyong vs hepburn
and gordan play creswick gordan should beat any other thoughts

so with buninyong having a sort of easy run home you would think they would finish third looking at the draw with gordan to play bungaree which i think bunga are a far to good team for gordan.this will make for and interesting finals predictions are buninyong vs hepburn
and gordan play creswick gordan should beat any other thoughts

Well i would expect Gordon to beat Creswick comfortably
But the Hupburn Buninyong game could b a great game. Might depend alot on the venue cause buninyong seem 2 like bigger open grounds and Hepburn smaller more closed in grounds. Anyone no what grounds will be used for finals this year

grounds announced the week before generally.
but one would assume the grounds something like this:

bunninyong
bungaree
dunnstown
learmonth
springbank
and maybe beaufort this year???

Can someone tell Craig Aston to put his head over the Ball

I totally agree mate but hes never done it in his whole life so i wouldn't expect him to start now. But they miss finals so it dosen't matter anyway. So Gordon gave everyone a bit of a reality check yesterday by absolutely smashing Waubra (i didn't think Waubra was that bad whats happened to them). And congratulations to Jackson Murphy for bringing up his 100th goal of the season.

grounds announced the week before generally.
but one would assume the grounds something like this:

bunninyong
bungaree
dunnstown
learmonth
springbank
and maybe beaufort this year???

beaufort absolutely no chance, too far out, not in great condition and wont pull a crowd out there.
the league were reluctant to put a final at buninyong last year because of parking and its easy to get in with out paying so probably not there either.
not official but i believe the elimination final next week will be at bungaree. id say dunnstown for the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back