Under 19.5 Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Did I read the scores right? We said the top 4 are locked in already, but there was a big upset today. How do West Coburg lose by 100 to Marby, then beat Douttas by 90 today? Massive turn around. Anyone care to elaborate?

Did I read the scores right? We said the top 4 are locked in already, but there was a big upset today. How do West Coburg lose by 100 to Marby, then beat Douttas by 90 today? Massive turn around. Anyone care to elaborate?

Brodie Myers played reserves today.
Sir, Toa, Ntalianis played seniors.
Brookes, Balta, Caluzzi playing Cannons.
(Didn't have the last 2 or Ntalianis majority of last year but they qualified for finals)

Also lost Hobbs, Mazzeo, Cannolo-Jackson, Martyn as well as Campisi.

Thats 12 U19's from last year, only 6 played predominantly U18.5 last year.

Obviously their depth is being tested and just isn't good enough.

West Coburg are obviously also very inconsistent.

(Didn't have the last 2 or Ntalianis majority of last year but they qualified for finals)

That is not great at all! That's a belting. It's strange to see a few boys playing reserves footy that could be playing 19s. I would've thought its better to play 19s for their development, but I must be wrong due to the amount of guys playing reserves.

After watching Abers again today, I've got this feeling Marby might be the flag favs. I haven't seen them yet, but the scores they have been posting look pretty daunting at the moment.

You forgot to add Riboni out for season with ACL and Roumelotis due back soon after doing ACL last year.

That is not great at all! That's a belting. It's strange to see a few boys playing reserves footy that could be playing 19s. I would've thought its better to play 19s for their development, but I must be wrong due to the amount of guys playing reserves.

After watching Abers again today, I've got this feeling Marby might be the flag favs. I haven't seen them yet, but the scores they have been posting look pretty daunting at the moment.
There are a few people that believe that also. It seems the 19's are being drained to top up the reserves and seniors. The president won't approve a transfer coming in because of his pride. Surely if you want your club to win you want the best players you can get. Do the right thing by your club Bruce.

There are a few people that believe that also. It seems the 19's are being drained to top up the reserves and seniors. The president won't approve a transfer coming in because of his pride. Surely if you want your club to win you want the best players you can get. Do the right thing by your club Bruce.

Who's the transfer coming in?

Anyone at the marby v Keilor game? Are Marby just too good or could Keilor knock them off?

Marby seemed to take the foot off the peddle in the last. The margin flattered Keilor a bit.
Marby have a great bunch of kids playing in that group with the coach doing a great job. Would be fantastic to see them do well this year considering they've struggled in that age group for the last 20 years.

Marby seemed to take the foot off the peddle in the last. The margin flattered Keilor a bit.
Marby have a great bunch of kids playing in that group with the coach doing a great job. Would be fantastic to see them do well this year considering they've struggled in that age group for the last 20 years.

What has changed to see this improvement? New coach? Recruiting players ect, etc.

Also noticed in the div1 that last seasons premier Hillside have lost a few games. How the sudden improvement when the age level changed.,

What has changed to see this improvement? New coach? Recruiting players ect, etc.

Also noticed in the div1 that last seasons premier Hillside have lost a few games. How the sudden improvement when the age level changed.,
They weren't a bad team last year, lost out on finals because of percentage only. They have got some boys from St Bernads, Abers and EDS. Abers, Keilor and EDS all have at least 4 to 5 of their best players at the Jets and Cannons whereas Marby have none. Add all that together along with long term injuries to some players at EDS then Marby are the team to beat. Would they be on top if the other teams all had their best players, my answer would be no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They weren't a bad team last year, lost out on finals because of percentage only. They have got some boys from St Bernads, Abers and EDS. Abers, Keilor and EDS all have at least 4 to 5 of their best players at the Jets and Cannons whereas Marby have none. Add all that together along with long term injuries to some players at EDS then Marby are the team to beat. Would they be on top if the other teams all had their best players, my answer would be no.

I think you'll find that Marby has a few missing also...
Connor Maher ( Seniors )
Brody Romenski ( VFL )
Max Philpot ( VFL )
And they also beat Abers and keilor confortably without Davey.
It would definitely be a more even comp with the teams you mentioned having full teams but still think Marby would have them pipped. The results are fairly convincing.

Davey, Barba ( both Abers), Zeicho (Marby Jnr) and Mazzeo ( Douttas) are the only inclusions from last years side.

The club has had an extremely strong junior program for years now and has had sustained success through the 12s/14s/16s over the last couple of years.

I think that multiplied with a couple of recruits and the 'feel good' vibe that has filtered through from the open age groups whilst training together has held them in really good stead.

Davey, Barba ( both Abers), Zeicho (Marby Jnr) and Mazzeo ( Douttas) are the only inclusions from last years side.
I guess my info re the St Bernads is incorrect then. Happy to be corrected.
I stand by my other points that key outs and injuries to other teams have weakened them significantly.

The club has had an extremely strong junior program for years now and has had sustained success through the 12s/14s/16s over the last couple of years.

I think that multiplied with a couple of recruits and the 'feel good' vibe that has filtered through from the open age groups whilst training together has held them in really good stead.
How many flags have they won over the past 4 years in those age groups? Not being smart, just don't know.
I like the fact that the 19's are training with the seniors/reserves if that is what you meant.

The coach at marby u19 is in his second year and from a far they look like they are getting his game plan and are playing it more often during a game time will tell. As for missing players from other teams you can only beat the team you play on the day and marby are beating them.

How many flags have they won over the past 4 years in those age groups? Not being smart, just don't know.
I like the fact that the 19's are training with the seniors/reserves if that is what you meant.

Not sure if its been flags but age groups have had several teams make the finals each of the past 5 or so years

The coach at marby u19 is in his second year and from a far they look like they are getting his game plan and are playing it more often during a game time will tell. As for missing players from other teams you can only beat the team you play on the day and marby are beating them.
Is the coach still Mo Kakkour

A race of 5 by the looks of it, With marby in strange territory being on top and undefeated It will be interesting to see how they handle this in the coming weeks weather they are just confident or start to get a bit cocky and drop a game they should not .Not knocking marby just an observation as I over heard someone at one of the games say marby have not been in this situation for a long time with the under 19/18's
1 Maribyrnong Park 6 6 0 0 0 0 690 209 330.14 24
2 Keilor 5 3 2 0 1 0 349 251 139.04 16
3 Aberfeldie 5 3 2 0 0 1 328 267 122.85 16
4 Strathmore 5 3 2 0 0 1 319 343 93.00 16
5 West Coburg 5 3 2 0 1 0 368 438 84.02 16

As was said previously, Marby were identified as the team to beat this year even before the first game was played.
From all reports EDS played their worst game in this age group for 2 years. Seems they wont make finals if they keep dishing up that rubbish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back