Under 19.5 Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Marby's position is the culmination of the work started many years ago when they completely rebuilt their junior section when the EDFL first brought in the 3 junior divisions.
Play the long game, build a solid foundation, and the Club will always benefit in the long run.

I noticed that Avondale forfeited against Pacco. If we have another team drop up the comp becomes a bit of a joke really. Playing as little as 13 games in the season?
Anyone got info onto what happened this week ?

Anyone watch Marby Vs Keilor on Saturday?

Marby should have been 10+ goals up at 3 qtr time. Very wasteful up until that point. Took foot off pedal in last as they did first time round. End margin probably not a real reflection of how the game was played.

I noticed that Avondale forfeited against Pacco. If we have another team drop up the comp becomes a bit of a joke really. Playing as little as 13 games in the season?
Anyone got info onto what happened this week ?
22 the next week, maybe just needed to fill up the 2's?

Yes, 2's needed numbers and 19's weren't at the same venue due to stupid fixturing by the leauge.

Has Marby got any competition?
Who will finish second?

Marby seems to be blowing everyone away as of 8 rounds, but who knows, last year they had a poor finish to the season and missed finals by percentage when they looked to finish in the top 4 early in the season.

Marby seems to be blowing everyone away as of 8 rounds, but who knows, last year they had a poor finish to the season and missed finals by percentage when they looked to finish in the top 4 early in the season.
Yes but the competition was different last year. Abbers have what about 10 players at Cannons, Jets and players gone to Marby, Keilor have a few as well, EDS have 9 or so players that are automatic walk up starters in their best 18 that are not playing due to Cannon, Jets, transferred to other clubs and long term injury. I don't care what club you are, you cant take that many players out of a team and still expect them to play top class football. How many players do Marby have at Cannons or Jets? Don't get me wrong Marby are playing some amazing football and from what I have seen certainly deserve to win the flag and probably will by a country mile, but keep it in perspective to what the other clubs don't have available to them.

Yes but the competition was different last year. Abbers have what about 10 players at Cannons, Jets and players gone to Marby, Keilor have a few as well, EDS have 9 or so players that are automatic walk up starters in their best 18 that are not playing due to Cannon, Jets, transferred to other clubs and long term injury. I don't care what club you are, you cant take that many players out of a team and still expect them to play top class football. How many players do Marby have at Cannons or Jets? Don't get me wrong Marby are playing some amazing football and from what I have seen certainly deserve to win the flag and probably will by a country mile, but keep it in perspective to what the other clubs don't have available to them.

Haha got to love the sour oppo fans.
Why is this year different to the last ten ? Because Marby are undefeated on top instead of Abers or Keilor ?

You want perspective Newatthis ? Abers and Keilor have pillidged opposition teams for the last ten plus years so to complain about the comp not being fair because these clubs lost players in the off season is laughable.
Marby have done well in the off season with their recruiting, are showing the benefits of their recent junior program and have a great coach in Mo leading them.
They also have players missing due to playing at a higher level as stated in a previous post and they also have former players playing for oppo teams...Jack Bytel being one.

Marby are in the same position this season as your Abers and Keilors have been in years past and vice versa. Simple as that !!!

Haha got to love the sour oppo fans.
Why is this year different to the last ten ? Because Marby are undefeated on top instead of Abers or Keilor ?

You want perspective Newatthis ? Abers and Keilor have pillidged opposition teams for the last ten plus years so to complain about the comp not being fair because these clubs lost players in the off season is laughable.
Marby have done well in the off season with their recruiting, are showing the benefits of their recent junior program and have a great coach in Mo leading them.
They also have players missing due to playing at a higher level as stated in a previous post and they also have former players playing for oppo teams...Jack Bytel being one.

Marby are in the same position this season as your Abers and Keilors have been in years past and vice versa. Simple as that !!!
You must not have read the whole of my post so I suggest you read the last sentence.

You must not have read the whole of my post so I suggest you read the last sentence.

I did read the whole post and was replying to the first two thirds of it where you were making excuses as to why Marby are in the position they are in.

Every season, in every comp, in every division, teams lose players to other clubs, they have injuries and they have players unavailable for various reasons.
This usually doesn't have as strong effect on the stronger clubs as opposed to the historicaly less stronger sides.
No one from Marby, Pacco, Airport West, West Coburg, Avondale complained the last 6 years because they didn't have the list to compete with Abers and they also didn't try to discredit what they achieved due to not having a strong enough list during each season.

For whatever reason, Abers and Keilor aren't in a strong position at this stage of 2017. Just as many other clubs have been for most stages of the last 10 plus seasons.

It may not feel nice to be in this unfamiliar position but let's not make excuses and take any shine off the clubs that are finally having a good run.

If you do want to continue bringing up the TAC Cup players missing from those sides then we need to give credit to Marby who are 8-0, 360%, with a list that has no Calder/Jets players players in it and with only 3 oppo recruits from last years side.

while I sort of agree with you as a team you can only play what players are available to you each week and if you want the best players from the tac or vfl then you have to suffer when they can not play. Going this route gives you a false sense of where you are at as a team.If you are winning all the time as abbers and keilor have, my question is have they put the development and time in that is required to improve your bottom tier players to assure themselves of continued growth and success

(Log in to remove this ad.)

while I sort of agree with you as a team you can only play what players are available to you each week and if you want the best players from the tac or vfl then you have to suffer when they can not play. Going this route gives you a false sense of where you are at as a team.If you are winning all the time as abbers and keilor have, my question is have they put the development and time in that is required to improve your bottom tier players to assure themselves of continued growth and success
You can work with bottom tier players but some boys are just not going to make it to the top level either because of lack of ability of the lack of want. The teams that do have those playing in TAC, VFL, Seniors and development league were lucky to have those boys at a younger age and have won lots of flags because of them. Marby are lucky now to have some very good boys playing in their side, so that means its their time.

Don't know enough about the young fellas running around to answer the other two but I think its evident it's Marby's to lose.
Something has to go seriously wrong from here.

Has Cameron Rayner played a game at any level for Douttas since dominating the u18s grand final in 2015 against Craigieburn.

Has he played any games for Hillside in 2016 or 2017

Was a registered EDS player last year but did not play, gone back to Hillside which will see him drafted as a Hillside player, credit goes to the his actual Junior Club so good on him for that.

I don't think he will actually play any games there though before getting drafted.

Not only have the wheels fallen off for EDS in the seniors the 19's are going backwards in a hurry. I have said the club will struggle over the next few years and it looks to be happening earlier than expected.

Not only have the wheels fallen off for EDS in the seniors the 19's are going backwards in a hurry. I have said the club will struggle over the next few years and it looks to be happening earlier than expected.
What a load of crap. The wheels fallen off the seniors. They have faced crippling injuries to numerous players but still managed to come within a point or two against both marby park and Keilor.

What a load of crap. The wheels fallen off the seniors. They have faced crippling injuries to numerous players but still managed to come within a point or two against both marby park and Keilor.
They are still sitting eighth and won't be playing finals this year. Let's hope they can get up and beat Cragieburn next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back