Under 19.5 Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Or is it the club?
I don't know the answer, I'm sure someone who is close to players or club can provide facts.

Lets face it, each time Greenvale kids ( the age group born in 2000 ) have played highest Div ( which has been often ) they have been uncompetitive & thrashed.

So highly likely they want to play U19 Div 1.

You might get the best couple of players who will stay & get some games in seniors. ( if the club is smart it should promise them senior opportunities )

I don't know the answer, I'm sure someone who is close to players or club can provide facts.

Lets face it, each time Greenvale kids ( the age group born in 2000 ) have played highest Div ( which has been often ) they have been uncompetitive & thrashed.

You might get the best couple of players who will stay & get some games in seniors. ( if the club is smart it should promise them senior opportunities )
You would only promise them senior opportunities if they were realistic, and because of how strong seniors an reserves are at Jets truth is there is not much opportunity even for elite u/19 players... If you are going to suggest something give it substance, not something an 8yo could come up with

You would only promise them senior opportunities if they were realistic, and because of how strong seniors an reserves are at Jets truth is there is not much opportunity even for elite u/19 players... If you are going to suggest something give it substance, not something an 8yo could come up with

Survey are you having a bad day mate. You don’t mind handing out a whack every now and then. You might have surpassed me on the most wanted list. Lol

From memory this team played in the U 17 Div 2 GF this year they were in the top 4 all year they could have won more than they lost and were not disgraced in GF only to lose to Aberfeldie’s 2nd team.

I can see where you are coming from and think they are more than likely to play reserves not seniors, as I don't know they actually have any 19's that are at the standard to play senior football. Even Condo that went to EDS and played one senior game (I think), who many believe is Greenvales best player in that age group is not at the required fitness/standard to play senior football.

Hopefully all of the Prem clubs have had a crack at recruiting Under 19's this year? It should be mandatory that anyone playing in Premier have a 19's IMO. Anyone heard anything, or is it situation normal, the top few will slaughter everyone, the bottom couple couldn't care less.

Hopefully all of the Prem clubs have had a crack at recruiting Under 19's this year? It should be mandatory that anyone playing in Premier have a 19's IMO. Anyone heard anything, or is it situation normal, the top few will slaughter everyone, the bottom couple couldn't care less.
Will there be 2 or 3 clubs in premier without 19's this year?

Hopefully zero
What is the EDFL executive doing to help the Premier Clubs struggling for numbers to ensure they can field competitive teams? Surely they cannot be telling these clubs "it's your issue fix it". Situations like last year where Greenvale had all 3 senior teams make the GF but did not field an u/19 side is not good enough

What is the EDFL executive doing to help the Premier Clubs struggling for numbers to ensure they can field competitive teams? Surely they cannot be telling these clubs "it's your issue fix it". Situations like last year where Greenvale had all 3 senior teams make the GF but did not field an u/19 side is not good enough
By the EDFL not good enough

Hey it was the EDFL’s stuff up why Greenvale didn’t have 19’s. If you look st the situation last year. All age divisions went up from 10-11, 12-13, 14-15, 16-17.
So what that meant was that no under 16 kids went up to under 19’s. Then the kids that were 19 had to go to seniors. In doing this a number of clubs struggled with numbers. It was only in March that the EDFL realised this stuff up they changed it to under 19.5 which meant anyone who played in 2016 could play in 2017.
By they time they made this decision a number of players had left Greenvale and moved to other clubs cause they wanted to play footy somewhere. At that point Greenvale tried getting those players back but were already tied to other clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey bang, what’s your thoughts on 19s playing after the seniors instead of before?

What about Reserves 11am Seniors 1pm 19s 4pm

Think something needs to change to rejuvenate footy at that age group. Lot of young people working weekends or late Friday night.. would this help maybe??

Hey bang, what’s your thoughts on 19s playing after the seniors instead of before?

Think something needs to change to rejuvenate footy at that age group. Lot of young people working weekends or late Friday night.. would this help maybe??
I like it , you'd think all grounds lighting would be good enough to play till 6pm
And I agree , something needs to change as it's a very different landscape to what footy was 20 years ago when the decision was made for u/17 to play Sat morning

I like it , you'd think all grounds lighting would be good enough to play till 6pm
And I agree , something needs to change as it's a very different landscape to what footy was 20 years ago when the decision was made for u/17 to play Sat morning

Something needs to change doesn’t it. Bit like the 20/20 big bash.

I’m sure the crowds at 19s would be much bigger by playing after the seniors which brings in the atmosphere..

Chuck in breaks for all games and you'd still be there at 8-9pm. You'd still need to start around 9.45-10am.

I do think the elite youngsters should have preference over the 2s though.

Chuck in breaks for all games and you'd still be there at 8-9pm. You'd still need to start around 9.45-10am.

I do think the elite youngsters should have preference over the 2s though.
Play the 11s and 13s Saturday and the 15s 17s and 19s on the Sunday

I thinking if the grounds have sufficient lighting then play the under 19s on a Friday night they can then go out and not have to get up early on Saturday morning. And a plus is that there is already a crowd there so you might get more bar sales and canteen sales and give the younger kids something to aim for in the short term especially the under 15 and 17s

I thinking if the grounds have sufficient lighting then play the under 19s on a Friday night they can then go out and not have to get up early on Saturday morning. And a plus is that there is already a crowd there so you might get more bar sales and canteen sales and give the younger kids something to aim for in the short term especially the under 15 and 17s

It’s starting to become a cramped schedule for clubs with multiple junior teams and now women’s footy. Is there enough grounds with decent facilities to cater for all this footy??

It’s starting to become a cramped schedule for clubs with multiple junior teams and now women’s footy. Is there enough grounds with decent facilities to cater for all this footy??
Turbo you are 100% correct about ground facilities and available grounds this is going to be a nightmare to fixture in about 5 years I still think playing the under 19s on a Friday night might work

A week or so ago I asked how many clubs won't have 19's this year. Last year it was two in premier division. This year could it be four. Greenvale, West Coburg and I am hearing EDS won't field teams. There is a rumour that Marby last years premiers are struggling as well.

A week or so ago I asked how many clubs won't have 19's this year. Last year it was two in premier division. This year could it be four. Greenvale, West Coburg and I am hearing EDS won't field teams. There is a rumour that Marby last years premiers are struggling as well.

May be best to check where you're getting your info from.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back