Status
Not open for further replies.

rickybobby

Debutant
Jan 30, 2007
somewhere
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Whats the rumours around the traps and what is the predictions and thoughts about this vital competition???
Ladder Prediction
Good players
New teams
General Information
???

unless they have done serious recruiting beaumaris will struggle.. love to hear about SBMT list.. last year they seemed small so does they mean they will retain most of their players? if so i tip back to back!!!! de la will of course do well.. can xaverians get back up? need a lot of good young players.. scotch will struggle and uni blues and blacks can never be guessed due to the dynamic nature of their lists.

Kaiser

What makes you say Scotch will struggle? Surely they were the third best team last year, and they have the same coaching staff and I believe retain quite a number of their better players, including Davis, White and Strange who were definately class acts. Do you know something?

SBMT? I hear that most of them will back up, but a large number of their key players are now seniors. Of course they will recruit through the school and a premiership always helps that, so I agree with you on them being strong.

De La? Why of course they will do well? Was their school team strong? That will always make a difference to how strong they are at this level. Thought they had a better overall list than SBMT last year, but felt they got beaten by a better TEAM in the GF. They panicked and fell apart late in the game. They appeared mentally scarred from the second semi when they got flogged, and the preliminary final against Scotch was a very physical and intense game, and probably took a bit out of them.

Uni teams? You are right, depends on who comes from the bush. They are the unknown.

Marcellin? Probably will do ok, but again depends on what comes through the school I dont think they were that strong lats year at school footy.

Any thoughts from others? Or information????

just wondering how high a standard this is?
how does it compare to say a good country league under 18's? obviously it would improve merely by the extra year, but would it be much of a step up from say a bendigo or ballarat?

I expect Rupertswood will be the big improvers this year. In the past two seasons Rupo has won 10 games. I think this year it will win more than 10 games.

Why am I optimistic?

• Change of coaching staff.
  • The level of experience will not be deminished significantly. Maybe five guys from last year are no longer eligible for u19 footy. This means plenty of competition for places in the premier team. Something I haven't seen in the last three years.
  • The Reds contingent from last year are the best lot of kids coming through in the last three seasons.
So things are looking up. We'll keep a lid on it but look out those who think Rupo will be like it has been in the last two years.

Kaiser

What makes you say Scotch will struggle? Surely they were the third best team last year, and they have the same coaching staff and I believe retain quite a number of their better players, including Davis, White and Strange who were definately class acts. Do you know something?

SBMT? I hear that most of them will back up, but a large number of their key players are now seniors. Of course they will recruit through the school and a premiership always helps that, so I agree with you on them being strong.

De La? Why of course they will do well? Was their school team strong? That will always make a difference to how strong they are at this level. Thought they had a better overall list than SBMT last year, but felt they got beaten by a better TEAM in the GF. They panicked and fell apart late in the game. They appeared mentally scarred from the second semi when they got flogged, and the preliminary final against Scotch was a very physical and intense game, and probably took a bit out of them.

Uni teams? You are right, depends on who comes from the bush. They are the unknown.

Marcellin? Probably will do ok, but again depends on what comes through the school I dont think they were that strong lats year at school footy.

Any thoughts from others? Or information????

Surely your having a laugh when your saying Strange is a class act?
De la will be strong having retained over 15 players from the grandfinal team of last year aswell as there First and Second 18 from the school winning the ACC premierships comfortably
Heard Trinity are flying on the track and that Marcellin are really going to be the team to beat.

I expect Rupertswood will be the big The Reds contingent from last year are the best lot of kids coming through in the last three seasons.
So things are looking up. We'll keep a lid on it but look out those who think Rupo will be like it has been in the last two years.

biggest bunch of no hopers to put on the jumper of rupertswood.

just wondering how high a standard this is?
how does it compare to say a good country league under 18's? obviously it would improve merely by the extra year, but would it be much of a step up from say a bendigo or ballarat?

At De La we had a player straight out of a premiership side in the Bendigo 18's (maybe eaglehawk??? don't quote me) and he said it was streets ahead in almost every way... but having said that he was one of our better players for sure and had a awesome season.

I'd say it would be comparable to a Herald Sun Sheild match if you've even seen / played in one... a level lower then TAC cup if you like...hope this helps

Im not sure how the Xavs will fair this year after the loss of many of their core players from the XVIII last year.

McGrath (Charlton)
Gorman (Echuca)
Craig (Wangaratta)
Lachal (Uni Blues)
Ambrose (Coburg)

and add to that list James Woods (Water Polo, Australia) who along with Ambrose and Noonan held the Xavier backline together for the past 2 years.

On a positive note its great to have Joshua 'Thai Youngen' Beaver back from his ACL injury. He is currently "training the house down" and having his "best pre-season ever" and really looks ready to pick up where he left off a few years ago as a defensive/run with player.

Brick out.

Im not sure how the Xavs will fair this year after the loss of many of their core players from the XVIII last year.

McGrath (Charlton)
Gorman (Echuca)
Craig (Wangaratta)
Lachal (Uni Blues)
Ambrose (Coburg)

and add to that list James Woods (Water Polo, Australia) who along with Ambrose and Noonan held the Xavier backline together for the past 2 years.

On a positive note its great to have Joshua 'Thai Youngen' Beaver back from his ACL injury. He is currently "training the house down" and having his "best pre-season ever" and really looks ready to pick up where he left off a few years ago as a defensive/run with player.

you missed a few boys TB, also

Kennedy (Box Hill Hawks)
Noonan (Sandy Zebras)
Sibosado (Freo)
Ulbrick (Schmidt F.C.)
O'Sullivan (Sandy TAC)
Stokes (NSW Uni Med)
Jack O'Sullivan (Bond University Med)

shame about ulbrick was really tearing up the track in the early weeks of training, but has unfortunately changed codes and his allegiance now lies elsewhere

Peace TB

Surely your having a laugh when your saying Strange is a class act?
De la will be strong having retained over 15 players from the grandfinal team of last year aswell as there First and Second 18 from the school winning the ACC premierships comfortably
Heard Trinity are flying on the track and that Marcellin are really going to be the team to beat.

Obviously a de la bloke cause that all you ever talk about...
Trinity will struggle with the large step up and the lack of depth with there above age players
and marcellin will never be a great side nor a side to be scared of. they do not have any good players coming through that play above the size of 6"2'.

Another question. Will st.bedes field a side that will be competitive if they have an under 19 side aswel...
this could harm there high chance for back to backs.

Scotch will lack depth this year but do keep a large amount of class top ages. and with not many spots available in their much talked about recruits.

You would assume at this point that the same 4 or 5 clubs will be competing near the top again.

Bedes have a very strong squad as they had a lot fo bottom agers last year.

De La won 2 school premierships and a 19 south premiership and arguably had the best squad in premier least year. They will go close again.

Scotch, Marcellin and Xavier are always up there and competitive and you would expect the same from them this year, with all news reporting that marcellin are looking very strong.

Should be interesting to see where everyone sits at about round 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Xavier played an intra club game at Central Park today

Ulbrick dominated it was actually a joke.

In all honesty though it looks at tough year for the Xavs

Uni Blues have it in the bag with their newly registered Ed Lachal

Was just with a few mates who played for de la today at trinity.
Apparently had 10 or so players missing from there starting 18 and won by about 12 goals. The ground was small and didnt help the case from all reports. Looks to be a tough year for Trinity as they struggle for numbers and talent, a few mates from there too not feeling so optimistic about the year and said they didnt have too many players missing today.

Round one will be very interesting.

Any bedes practice games or news?

I dont think the u18's team will have any effect on the under 19's team, if a player is dominating at 18's level then im sure he would be put into the 19's just as a 19s player would be put into the seniors where the age difference can be up to 10 years i think this will only make the bedes under 19s team stronger...
my prediction is that De La will be the team to beat this year... they retain numurous players from last years runner up team, who will add to an extremely strong group of boys from year 12...will have alot of depth as well, so injuries wont be a concern...
i hope beaumaris have some strong youngins coming through other wise they will struggle big time and it could be Embarrassing for them like they might not win a game, whilst they did when south 1 i still dont know how they did that, got very lucky with a small ground in Brindisi oval!! (any practise matches results from beauy pls post results)
Trinity are in the same boat but not as bad... they have some players who are eligable to play unders such as leetham playing seniors so they can come back to unders if their struggling
Marcellin again are a small running unit who can produce the goods at times... the home ground suits them as it is big, but they will struggle against the bigger teams
Scotch has a new policy which will effect greatly their 19s team, they are all about winning a Section A Flag so they play the unders who are good enough in the 2's or 1's to build for the future, i know of 6 who are already in that boat including their hole middfield from last year davis,white,bowden. i think strange is another. also another two have been offered contracts at box hill footy club
xavs might sturggle again with so many players leaving their school team to either play for vfl on country leagues...
uni teams who ever knows???
and rupts we fill in the gaps once again down the bottom but wont be relegated.

Ladder after round 18
De La
Bedes
Scotch
Uni Blues (smokey)
Marc
Uni Blacks
xavs
rupts
trinity
beauy

wat effect will the u/18's have on SBMT? if there is a gun 17 year old will he play 18's or 19's?

I would suggest if there is a gun 17 year old, the coach of the u/19's will give him the option whether he wants to play u/19. If he does want to play, he will play u/19. U Can't hold back talent !

but with the 18's and 19's one problem could be a s**t top ager would have no where to play if dropped form the 19's due to an influx of gun u/18's.. may be likely seen as bedes have a relatively young list...

my prediction is de la will win the flag against SBMT this year and next year but it's premier divison dominance will drop off majorly after 2010.

the scotch policy is a joke and will make players not want to play if they know they will be s**t... they may even be relegated soon..

love seeing xavs struggle as will marcellin and rupo

beaumaris should probably try get back their port melbourne gun luke edwards... he could be the difference.

trinity will struggle due to no depth but there players playing seniors are genuine guns.. doubt they will see them in 19's

uniblues and blacks too hard to call... 1 will make the 4 but out round 1 of finals

what is this policy you are talking about at Scotch? Surely all players would want to play up as high as they can? Whether it be Under 19, Reserve or Senior?
Isnt it a bit selfish to just sit in the Under 19 if you are good enough to push up and play higher?
I would think all clubs have that policy, and it would be to improve the club. If you keep players back in the Under 19 all year when they are good enough is that doing the right thing by the player and the club? They would benefit more playing higher and learning how to compete against bigger bodies, grown men even.
St. Bedes do it. They had a number playing higher last year, it didnt affect them did it? I mean Under 19 premiership and Senior Premiership?? How did it hurt them?
Scotch did it too with a couple of players.
Trinity did it. Their Under 19 still won the flag.
Black did it i think too. Maybe even Blues?

Why is this such a big thing? Dont tell me you young men are scared of playing higher? Or are you just selfish and want to try to "dominate" at the underage level.

IN my experience, and I have seen 24 years of amateur football, clubs only get hurt when they dont push players up. Long term they tend to struggle as some of the players who should go up but dont do not develop as well. They get a little lazy at times.

There is no excuse for sitting back and relaxing in the Under 19. Play as high a level as you can, and make it work.

And remember, the club is so much bigger than the individual. It will be around long after any individual has gone, so treat it as such.

Scotch have been doing it for a number of years and it shows how s**t they are that they havent managed to even make a GF for last couple of years.

If St.Bernards had the same policy as Scotch then they certainly wouldnt have been relegated last year and would no doubt would have been in the finals, but on the other hands if all clubs had the same policy then other teams would also be a lot stronger meaning old scotch would be even worse off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back