U19 Under 19 Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't hear much about Beauy on here, I'd like to know who their key players are?

your doing your best to change that... but here we go

big blonde full forward- although dosent touch it against de la due to the Tom humpa factor
evans in the midfield- against the likes of close papa & the rest of de las big midfield dosent touch it ....

should i keep going...

HUGE weekend with a finals spot still up for grabs.

Developed a theory over the last few days that will hopefully unpack the situation making it a little clearer.

Uni Blues 45% likely to win.
Scotch 55% likely to win.

Xavier 35% likely to win.
Beaumaris 65% likely to win.

Uni blues to make finals = .45(defeat OS) x.65(xavs defeated)= 29.25% chance of making finals.
Xavier to make finals = .35(win) + lose and UB lose (.65x.55) = 70.75% chance of making finals.

Xavier still in the box seat with everything to lose, uni blues with nothing to lose and everything to gain.

HUGE weekend with a finals spot still up for grabs.

Developed a theory over the last few days that will hopefully unpack the situation making it a little clearer.

Uni Blues 45% likely to win.
Scotch 55% likely to win.

Xavier 35% likely to win.
Beaumaris 65% likely to win.

Uni blues to make finals = .45(defeat OS) x.65(xavs defeated)= 29.25% chance of making finals.
Xavier to make finals = .35(win) + lose and UB lose (.65x.55) = 70.75% chance of making finals.

Xavier still in the box seat with everything to lose, uni blues with nothing to lose and everything to gain.

hahahhaha love that, and about right too! OS wont flurt with their form, if they have sore players then they'll will be rested but everyone who is fit will play. Uni Blues will miss out cant see them winning, early game at 9 30 so xavs will know what they have to do!

you cant base anything on history in U19's cos its a new group every year...

Jimmy,

I think the De La teams over the past 5-6 years will prove that you can draw a line through finals form over the previous seasons.

OX while not taking the chocolates have been in the mix for the same period. I agree that we have had some one off's (SBMT/St Bernards/St Kevins) but do some homework before shooting your mouth off.

Wanted.....

All the OM's tools that got on this forum before round 1 talking up their pathetic club as premiership contenders. A record of 5-12 was never going to make the grade.

More than happy for you to reply to this message as I'm sure evryone else would love to know what went wrong?

On a seperate note Mister X we need your wisdom

I would say the top four will stay the same.

Xavier have been seriously depleted by injuries, and I know its not an excuse but it has played a major part in the last 6 weeks. A full strength Xavs team could knock off any team in the competion. And that full team is not too far away.

The scoreboard last week vs Scotch does not reflect the game in any instance. Xavier kicked an abundance of points in the first quarter and were within 9 points at three quarter time and with 3 injures on the bench, couldnt keep up with Scotch. In saying that Scotch are a very well drilled team who with the big red head down forward will have a very large say in September results.

I would not read too much in the result of Xavs Vs Beauy this week though, its all next week that counts and with Goss likely to be back in the team due to 1's having a week off, they will be a very competitive outfit at the right time of the year.

Stanley x

Thanks for that Stanley. Perhaps your parents could have saved their money on your Xavier Education though, your spelling is atrocious. May I also suggest that readers and users of this forum are bored by the constant flow of excuses rolled out by the under 19 Xavierian nation.

Have to agree Wack. For someone who uses the phrase “It’s not an excuse” He sure rolls a few out. Injuries, poor kicking, 3 on the bench, not having full team…..have any of the top 4 teams put out a full strength side once this season? Always someone playing seniors, injured, away etc. Xavs a proud club who will a give a good account of themselves in the finals but they shouldn’t hang their hat on one player (Goss) making the difference.

A couple of very close results today and the 4 stays as is..... interesting to see/hear that the finals might not be at Central Reserve anymore..... I heard they might be moved to Port Melbourne....

Anyone else heard anything about this?

Thanks for that Stanley. Perhaps your parents could have saved their money on your Xavier Education though, your spelling is atrocious. May I also suggest that readers and users of this forum are bored by the constant flow of excuses rolled out by the under 19 Xavierian nation.

boo friggedy hoo. his spelling is off. 90% of the spelling on this entire website is incorrect. unecessary cheap shot.

Best football from scotch, beauy and xavs is all pretty close. give or take a few goals. although best footy during the season, as we all know doesnt count for anything. the well drilled de la side will be taking pride in keeping their unbeaten streak. Scotch will be out to finally win something in the VAFA. i dont know exactly but from what i hear its been close to 30 years since theyve won anything. Beauy have continued to improve, with a strong influx of players and a winning attitude. Xavs will have to stop their piss farting around and realise its finals. do or die. some close games to come, as all finals should be.

also, as a player, we should all hint to our parents to keep their mouths shut and not embarass themselves by abusing teenage boys. its pretty pathetic. let the teams sort out everything on the field.

FALL BACK TO MINAS TIRITH

Sorry for not spelling ‘competition’ right mate. Next time I’ll be onto that. In the mean time get your spelling of Xaverian correct......

And on the second point I didn’t actually attend Xavier, which makes you look like an idiot.

We'll see this weekend when Xavs beat Beauy.

boo friggedy hoo. his spelling is off. 90% of the spelling on this entire website is incorrect. unecessary cheap shot.

Best football from scotch, beauy and xavs is all pretty close. give or take a few goals. although best footy during the season, as we all know doesnt count for anything. the well drilled de la side will be taking pride in keeping their unbeaten streak. Scotch will be out to finally win something in the VAFA. i dont know exactly but from what i hear its been close to 30 years since theyve won anything. Beauy have continued to improve, with a strong influx of players and a winning attitude. Xavs will have to stop their piss farting around and realise its finals. do or die. some close games to come, as all finals should be.

also, as a player, we should all hint to our parents to keep their mouths shut and not embarass themselves by abusing teenage boys. its pretty pathetic. let the teams sort out everything on the field.

FALL BACK TO MINAS TIRITH

Well said.

BEAUMARIS vs OLD XAVERIANS
11:20 AM @ Central Reserve

DE LA SALLE vs OLD SCOTCH
2:00 PM @ Central Reserve

Thoughts on what will happen?....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

. cant imagine OX and OS to have a sniff they look to be out of it. beauy are the inform team, with their mid field and backline dominating. especially the likes of greg roberts who has found form. dela ar their usual self great season. tom humphrey killing it in the back line.

. cant imagine OX and OS to have a sniff they look to be out of it. beauy are the inform team, with their mid field and backline dominating. especially the likes of greg roberts who has found form. dela ar their usual self great season. tom humphrey killing it in the back line.

Do you think Beauy will get through??? Possible..........Why do you think they will beat OS (or De La??!!) in a prelim?
Goss could come back this week considering OX 1's playing next week...big factor for Beauy to get past.
Bigger ground to suit Beauy but the crap state of Central not to help them. Even if they do make it through they will be stuffed after playing two finals on that big muddy ground and will be killed in a GF...IMHO!
De La to beat OS - OS not to like the muddy Central - Camberwell is in good nick all year bar the centre wicket. OS have also had a couple of tough games too in last 2 weeks. Big Red to be underdone after missing 2 as well. De La form awesome against OC and OM and love the mud at Dairy Bell. Not seeming to be missing any players to injury either. De La by 6 goals+.
On a side note, De La 1's playing same weekend so could potentially have one or more of the 4 U19 senior players eligible for the second semi in the 19s!!!!! Scary thought!!! Pollard, Nicolopoulos, Muller, Hunt??? Who knows?

Do you think Beauy will get through??? Possible..........Why do you think they will beat OS (or De La??!!) in a prelim?
Goss could come back this week considering OX 1's playing next week...big factor for Beauy to get past.
Bigger ground to suit Beauy but the crap state of Central not to help them. Even if they do make it through they will be stuffed after playing two finals on that big muddy ground and will be killed in a GF...IMHO!
De La to beat OS - OS not to like the muddy Central - Camberwell is in good nick all year bar the centre wicket. OS have also had a couple of tough games too in last 2 weeks. Big Red to be underdone after missing 2 as well. De La form awesome against OC and OM and love the mud at Dairy Bell. Not seeming to be missing any players to injury either. De La by 6 goals+.
On a side note, De La 1's playing same weekend so could potentially have one or more of the 4 U19 senior players eligible for the second semi in the 19s!!!!! Scary thought!!! Pollard, Nicolopoulos, Muller, Hunt??? Who knows?

Why wouldnt the bigger ground also suit Old Xavs? they did push Beauy on there home ground and I believe OX even rested some players against Beauy??
Why would DeLa drop those 4 who have played a combined 1 game between them in u19 grade this year? Im sure Hunt wouldnt come down considering he would want to continue to prove himself in senior level as im sure ive heard a few AFL clubs have been looking at him???

My tips for the finals:

Beaumaris v Old Xaverians by 18 points

Saying Goss does come back in..... would add a hell of a lot to the xavs and I think the finals stage will suit OX better then Beauy...

De La Salle v Old Scotch by 40 points

Scotch only just beat Blues last week and when OS's best player is unfit that wont help them let along having to play a super De La side....De La will have the week off!!

Thoughts??

I think his point is that Beauy play on a big ground every week while Xavs home ground is quite small in comparison.

I agree with MUF about the De La 19s who have been playing seniors. Would expect they will keep the faith in those who have got them there but I know of plenty of clubs who would have no hesitation in bringing them in if not picked for the ones. Is Goss really that important to Xavs? Will he be the difference this week or will the seniors want to keep him fresh for the 2nd semi. Is Ambrose likely to play?

You have to play games in the 19s to qualify for finals. You can't just come in and play, or else Xavs would have Stean and Noonan just rock up.

Ambrose a big chance to play.

You have to play games in the 19s to qualify for finals. You can't just come in and play, or else Xavs would have Stean and Noonan just rock up.

The rule is something like if they have played 10 in the seniors they must have played at least 6 in the 19s BUT, if seniors playing on same day/weekend as the19s this rule does not apply. So technically if not picked for the ones they can play 19s. Also some qualification rules for VFL & TAC players but not sure what they are.

bit off topic here. But whats everyones opinions on the abundance of muddy centers? do you think some teams are hindered more by it? Personally, i find it very frustrating. And is it just me, but this year it seems its been a lot more prevalent.
anyway just my 2 cents.

bit off topic here. But whats everyones opinions on the abundance of muddy centers? do you think some teams are hindered more by it? Personally, i find it very frustrating. And is it just me, but this year it seems its been a lot more prevalent.
anyway just my 2 cents.

All the teams in finals have muddy centers at their home grounds (I think) so I don't think it'll hinder the performance of any....

Not sure he has qualified????? Needs 6 games and 2 games after June 30th isn't it???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back