Old Xavs

Parker
Nidam
Biddlescombe
Goss (If he plays)
Curtain

Anyone wish to agree or disagree ?

Sloth out

Agree re Sansom being a very good player. I just chose five from each of the finalists of the top of my head.

What do you think of the other players I have submmited MUF ?

Barnett and Davis are guns.... Van Den Broek is very unfit from what i hear..

you could chuck up 15 of DeLa's and they would all be key.... I think its very possible to shut down both Humphry's very easily....

From Beauy i think De Natalie is the big one any side need to shut down.

and with xavs your spot on i think..... good list and cant wait till Saturday

IMHO the Players to watch in this final series are

De La Salle

Humphrey * 2
Clinch
Todd
Nicholson

Old Scotch

Seed
Williamson
Barnett
M. Van Der Brook (if he plays)
Davis

Beaumaris

Dickinson
Webber
Rayner
Gandy
Davis

Old Xavs

Parker
Nidam
Biddlescombe
Goss (If he plays)
Curtain

Sloth out

I would take out Nicholson from De La and put in O'Connell.

Also wack in Woods for Old Xavs and C.Meehan.

you could chuck up 15 of DeLa's and they would all be key.... I think its very possible to shut down both Humphry's very easily....

I wouldnt say very easily TH is a shutdown player himself so unless your Barnetts or Your goss's are going to sit in a pocket and not lead for the ball then yeah you may shut him down but his role is not to be a play maker but to shut down the most dangerous leading forward...but give us your theories on shutting them down? Xavs tried to shutdown BH and he was bog?

I wouldnt say very easily TH is a shutdown player himself so unless your Barnetts or Your goss's are going to sit in a pocket and not lead for the ball then yeah you may shut him down but his role is not to be a play maker but to shut down the most dangerous leading forward...but give us your theories on shutting them down? Xavs tried to shutdown BH and he was bog?

True about TH. Gun young defender but his job is not to be a playmaker. I think Xavs tried to play a forward line tagger on BH last time and it backfired. Both straight ahead types and no point trying to rough them up as they will just go harder. MUF – I’m also interested in how you might shut them both down as I don’t think it has been done yet.

De La Salle

Humphrey * 2
Clinch
Todd
Nicholson

Old Scotch

Seed
Williamson
Barnett
M. Van Der Brook (if he plays)
Davis

Beaumaris

Dickinson
Webber
Rayner
Gandy
Davis

Old Xavs

Parker
Nidam
Biddlescombe
Goss (If he plays)
Curtain

Sloth out

After watching the game at the aquarium on the weekend, i've come up with a few names that go under the radar,that may play a massive part in this weeks knockout final.

the plant brothers from xavs are very good.
-Young toby plant kicked four the other week and will be keen redeem himself against his old club after a forgettable game.
-Ben plant, the best full back in the comp, certainly to play a huge role against Dickinson. Unless dragon duties call.
-Bisset is a handy forward too, very composed.

-Little Minehan, if back for the sharks, will be the difference in my opinion.
-Bull stood out with his hard ball gets. his brutal work in the midfield seemed to worry xavs.
-Abbot in the backline killed xavs on the weekend, however i expect the xavier forward line to be a different class this weekend. Several superstars back.

Old Xavs

Parker
Nidam
Biddlescombe
Goss (If he plays)
Curtain

Sloth out

Biddlescum cant come to an agreement there mate. need him to kick goals.

5 goals from 5 games against the other top 4 sides. they'd bloody hope that goss plays.

game of the finals will be scotch vs beaumaris in the pre-lim. scotch to choke in a thriller.

Biddlescum cant come to an agreement there mate. need him to kick goals.

5 goals from 5 games against the other top 4 sides. they'd bloody hope that goss plays.

game of the finals will be scotch vs beaumaris in the pre-lim. scotch to choke in a thriller.

Scotch vs Beauy in the Prelim?? Interesting...

Golden rule in the ammos - Never rule out the Xavs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the big ground would favour beauy alot more than ox, i dont think de la will be fussed what size ground, also the factor of the condition of the ground does not matter the grounds from all top four sides have a muddy center.

True about TH. Gun young defender but his job is not to be a playmaker. I think Xavs tried to play a forward line tagger on BH last time and it backfired. Both straight ahead types and no point trying to rough them up as they will just go harder. MUF – I’m also interested in how you might shut them both down as I don’t think it has been done yet.

I will admit it would be easier to lock down BH then TH....

despite being the best team in the league by far, how do you beat de la? cos every team can be beaten on a given day...

De La Salle Vs Scotch by 35 points

Xavier Vs Beaumauris by 21 points

I think De La are by far and away the best team of the year and come finals they will be ripe and ready to go. The only thing that questions them in finals time will be have they been tested this year? I know AFL teams don't mind a loss before finals to sharpen and wake the team up. Did De La need a loss for the year? Scotch have also been good all year, but failed to dispose of teams that De La have easily beaten, ala - Uni Blues. A few inclusions will help them but I can see them being caught up in the awe of De La, but I think De La will kick away in the last quarter. A couple of key questions however, who gets B Humphrey. The obvious play maker for De La. A defensive forward tag has not worked in the past. How do Scotch play him? Also the engine room is very solid, Clinch being the main one, do Scotch tag? Or back their midfield to win against him 1 on 1? Sansom and McKinley the key to Scotches chances. Are both midfields just going to back themselves?

The Xavs Beauy game could go either way, just as it could have last week. Beauy getting up by 8 points where Xavs had no forward line, succumbing to players injured early and key players out. Beauy to my knowledge have a couple of midfielders coming in. A couple of questions for Beauy though - Nidam absoulutely dominated last weeks match and was BOG, obviously they will tag him, who gets the job and can they stop him? Bisset who has been quiet in the last couple of weeks due to being tagged will have to step up. The other obvious ones are a dangerous duo in the forward line. Biddlecome, who can take huge pack marks but will need to slot more than usual this week. Needs to step up. Also Goss, having kicked bags in the seniors, including 4.3 last week, will have a big part to play in the outcome. Kicked 6 last time these two played. Who gets him? At the other end of the spectrum Ben Plant has the ability to dominate his opponent and set up key plays. I just think with the inclusions of Xavs and only missing one of their best (Ambrose) they are at their full strength and they will get up against Beauy who have been playing well. With a near strength team early in the season it was a dominant Xavier victory.

sooo cbf going to uni today ahha clearly

De La Salle Vs Scotch by 50 points - De La Way too strong and Scotch coming into the game with little momentum.

Xavier Vs Beaumauris by 10 points - Xavier will be too weak mentally and physically and their attractive brand of football will come unstuck while Beauy are coming into the game with huge momentum after winning 8 in a row and should win this as they are just a better all round team and don't rely on any individuals to fire.

i agree that B humpheries is the cheif rebounder but i think even if his stopped there are 4 others in de las back 6 that rebound extremely well and are more than capable to tear apart any other side like they have done all year...

If Goss plays i can see Xavs getting up. Without him they have beet utter rubbish tbh they just lacked goal scoring power.

Is it safe to say that Scotch would be wishing Xavs get up so they can play in the prelim as they seem to have trouble with Beauy but have the edge over Xavs?

De La Sallevs Scotch - De La Salle by 23 pts
Beaumauris vs Xavier - Xavier by 12 (if Goss plays, if he doesnt Beauy by 9 pts in extra time)

De La Salle Vs Scotch by 50 points - De La Way too strong and Scotch coming into the game with little momentum.

Xavier Vs Beaumauris by 10 points - Xavier will be too weak mentally and physically and their attractive brand of football will come unstuck while Beauy are coming into the game with huge momentum after winning 8 in a row and should win this as they are just a better all round team and don't rely on any individuals to fire.

Someone is very bitter...

Anyway, De La by 50 and Beauy by 27.

just saw on the website that this weeks 19 premier finals have been pushed back a week due to the horrible state of the ground at central....i refreshed the page and its no longer there? please explain VAFA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back