U19 Under 19's North Divison 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems the 4th spot should be fought out between Old Essendon and Old Carey. Sharks seems a distant third out of this group. Still reasonably early days, and U19s is notorious for throwing up weird results in the 2nd half of the season.

Seems the 4th spot should be fought out between Old Essendon and Old Carey. Sharks seems a distant third out of this group. Still reasonably early days, and U19s is notorious for throwing up weird results in the 2nd half of the season.

i know that old carey have lost a lot of players in the seniors
does that mean the u19s lost a fair few that went up?
or do they still have relatively the same team as at the start of the year, because with the team the started with they should beat manningham but if they have lost players, who knows.

any comments on the weekends proceedings?
no real surprises by the looks of things?
Was surprised at the size of the OCam win at the pit.
Despite early injuries OC managed to blow the snowies away in the first half and match them for scoring shots in the second half. Can't wait to watch them against Fitzroy

yeh mate..even I could kick double figure goals on my left foot against bulleen. what will that prove? Face it, killworth chokes when it comes to big games. You cannot say he doesnt judging from previous results to this stage.

Might want to eat your words shirt front. 8 goals against the second top side...

just wanting a few peoples views on the snowdogs this year. Beating fitzroy was a huge effort, however they havnt been crushing lower opposition like the reds have....
.Are bernards the real deal this year?
.Who are their new/key players?
.Are they capable of a flag?

i'd say they got found out on the weekend.. really not sure how they beat fitzroy.. alot must have gone their way on the day

solid side but certainly not capable of going all the way this year

i'd say they got found out on the weekend.. really not sure how they beat fitzroy.. alot must have gone their way on the day

solid side but certainly not capable of going all the way this year

oi mate who the fk are you?
What you talking about our best 2 players playing seniors and best other 3 injuried on sat. Had the worst half (first) for the year and ended up beating OC by 1 point after halftime. Also and not blaming (umpires) them by any means but we gave away atleast 15 free kicks and of those we gave away 9 25 meter penilties which i say resulted into 4 goals in the second Qrt.

Dont get me wrong im not saying we shoulda won or even come close because they wanted it more. But for you to say that we are out of flag contention from one half of footy.....pull ya head in ****.

What you talking about our best 2 players playing seniors and best other 3 injuried on sat. Had the worst half (first) for the year and ended up beating OC by 1 point after halftime. Also and not blaming (umpires) them by any means but we gave away atleast 15 free kicks and of those we gave away 9 25 meter penilties which i say resulted into 4 goals in the second Qrt.

Dont get me wrong im not saying we shoulda won or even come close because they wanted it more. But for you to say that we are out of flag contention from one half of footy.....pull ya head in ****.
Do you think Camberwell didn't have players missing and injuries aswell, and that they played four good quarters of footy?

Do you think Camberwell didn't have players missing and injuries aswell, and that they played four good quarters of footy?

Yeah mate never said that. But for that flog to say we cant win a flag on one performance is a little harsh also.

by the way fitzory are better than camberwell imo.

15 free kicks and nine 25 metres penalties in one quarter?
undisciplined sides dont win flags mate

mate to say not a contention for the flag may have been a bit much, but it was merely his opinion, no need to get so defensive about it. but football is a four quarter game mate, and if you boys cant play out 4 quarters, there's no point even saying you beat oc by 1 point in the second half as its irrelevant. also discipline, you cant expect to be successful this year if your team gives away free kicks and 25m penalties, no1's fault but your own.

mate to say not a contention for the flag may have been a bit much, but it was merely his opinion, no need to get so defensive about it. but football is a four quarter game mate, and if you boys cant play out 4 quarters, there's no point even saying you beat oc by 1 point in the second half as its irrelevant. also discipline, you cant expect to be successful this year if your team gives away free kicks and 25m penalties, no1's fault but your own.

Yeah agree mate. not saying we should a won or nothing...but it does show that if we play 4 qrts like our last two then we are competitive and are in contention to win the flag? Also discipline is something that can be changed very easily as the umpires were pretty strict with the 25 meters which we soon apated to. Also we have been up for 9 weeks we were due for a bad half sometime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah agree mate. not saying we should a won or nothing...but it does show that if we play 4 qrts like our last two then we are competitive and are in contention to win the flag? Also discipline is something that can be changed very easily as the umpires were pretty strict with the 25 meters which we soon apated to. Also we have been up for 9 weeks we were due for a bad half sometime.

9 x 25m penalties doesn't sound like you adapted very well.

yeah 9... which happened in the 2nd qrt. We didn't give another for the game you dumb fk.

Charming.

Would seem the only dumb fk on this thread this week is the one who was part of a side which had to concede 4 goals from 9 x 25 metre penalties before the umpire's message sunk in.

Gate shut, horse bolted.

What a douche. :rolleyes:

Big News. It looks like the bottom of north 1 and bottom of south 1 are going to break off and form a separate division for the remainder of the season.

Big News. It looks like the bottom of north 1 and bottom of south 1 are going to break off and form a separate division for the remainder of the season.
yeah i heard this also
i was inclear on whether or not the top few teams from north 1 and south 1 were combining to form a new division or simply breaking off from the bottom 3 teams in each division and staying seperate
anyone got anymore info?

After round nine the top six teams from North 1 (and South 1) will stay where they are, making North 1 and South 1 six team competitions.
The bottom 3 from North and bottom 3 from South will form a new 6 team competition.
This “new” competition will also play finals but will play for a plate and not a cup. Accordingly the winner of the “plate” will not be officially recorded in the Annual report.

I think the VAFA got it wrong seperating the U19s into geographical areas instead of ability in the first place. It was always going to create mis-matches.

why not top 4 from north 1 and south 1 combine to make a much more competitive/even division, and the bottom 4 from each combine to make a second division that would be more even as well?

After round 9 Aquinas to drop down to North 2, eliminating the bye in both sections, North 1 and South 1 to stay as is apart from that

The obvious re-fixturing of North 1 now that Aquinas is to go to North 2 is for the previous bye team to play in the place of Aquinas. Too logical? I hear that the 'powers to be' are trying to reinvent the wheel and are coming up with a revised fixture where some teams play each other twice in two weeks? you've got to be joking! I very much hope common sense will prevail.... but I'm not going to Sportsbet and ask them for the odds on VAFA being logical....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back