U19 Under 19's North Divison 1

Remove this Banner Ad

ROUND 6: TIPS

SHARKS VS OLD CAREY:
Old Carey over the sharks easy. Old Carey are starting to get their season underway slowly, testing Old Trinity last week and almost stealing the game. Carey by 30+.

OLD ESSENDON VS OLD IVANHOE:
Ivanhoe will take the honours here. Essendon last year were one of the powerhouse teams in the 19's but have struggled to get consistency this year with their new list. Ivanhoe are the inform team of the season, sitting on top of the ladder, 5-0, would expect them to crush an inexperienced OEG. Ivanhoe by 40+

OLD TRINITY VS BANYULE: *GAME OF THE WEEK*
So much talk about these 2 teams on this thread. With supporters/players from both teams talking up their chances. Banyule a little more. Trinity are an exceptional team, even without 3 of their best playing seniors, tight knit bunch. Banyule have been just as consistent, although not many champion players, a team of champions as stated by a previous poster. My match of the round. Trinity however will get over the top of them in the 2nd half with their run and carry. Especially on one of the best surfaces in Melbourne. Good luck to both teams! Trinity by 20.

OLD PARADIANS VS OLD CAMBERWELL:
Haven't seen much of these 2 teams play. Camberwell are a solid side but struggle to put the score on the board when it's needed. Paradians are struggling with the pace and strength of North 1 but will try as hard as they can all day. Camberwell will just be too strong and too efficient for them. Camberwell by 30+.

BULLEEN TEMPLESTOWE VS FITZROY REDS:
Both good teams. By some of the posters on this thread as well as results, Fitzroy are not a team to be taken lightly. Took some time to get their game going at the start of the season but are starting to develop their run as the season progresses. Bulleen Temp are a quality side but I believe Fitzroys increase in form each week will get them over the edge. Fitzroy by 20.

Good luck to all games this weekend. Hope you all get the results you want.

HERNIA KING.

well said.

OC to demolish the sharks. anyone with some inside gosh regarding OC coming from the dumps to beat OEG and scare OT.?

OEG to lose to OI - its not that OEG are a bad team. they took it up to the REDs and OC. they might come good at the wrong end of the season though.

OT to beat Sharks. either a close match or a smashing.

OP will misserably lose to OC. nothing else to say. both teams yet to prove anything.

BT will suffer to REDs. the reds are quite a good all-round team. OEG gave them a scare last week but the composed well.

Totally agree with hernia and wolley. Pretty easy round to tip mind you. Can't wait to see the result of OT and Banyule. Hopefully OT can shut thecave up for a while!

Totally agree with hernia and wolley. Pretty easy round to tip mind you. Can't wait to see the result of OT and Banyule. Hopefully OT can shut thecave up for a while!
we can only hope.....

have to agree with HerniaKing that the surface at trinity is as good as any in melbourne. The banyule boys will be amazed by the difference....the number 2 ground at 'the bear cave' as they call it is nothing short of a disgrace.

yeah i'll be there mate...not playing unfortunately though...will hopefully get to see a cracking game between 2 very good teams. good luck to both.

yeah i'll be there mate...not playing unfortunately though...will hopefully get to see a cracking game between 2 very good teams. good luck to both.

Look for the man with the big testi and that's where the hernia lies.....

In other news, my tips for the week won't diverge too much from you other lads, but as i look out the window the rain looks like it is here to stay for the day which could turn some results!

Sharks will get up and beat the resurgent Carey

Essendon at home on a wet day will just lose to Ivanhoe, I'm picking this to be a close contest

The match of the round will be a gritty, hard fought game that will see Trinity just pip Banyule...looking for the wet weather to not favour the big forward that the bears have.

Camberwell will smash Parade

Bulleen love these wet days and will get up over Fitzroy who like banyule will not be favoured with the wet conditions.

There you have it, good luck to all. Bw2.

just finished watching the game down at bulleen today between old trinity and banyule. a draw was the final outcome.

OLD TRINITY: 6.5.41
BANYULE: 6.5.41

A well fought game, terrible conditions, ball was slippery as hell. No one can take bragging rights just yet, will have to wait till finals for it.

Well done to both teams.

just finished watching the game down at bulleen today between old trinity and banyule. a draw was the final outcome.

OLD TRINITY: 6.5.41
BANYULE: 6.5.41

A well fought game, terrible conditions, ball was slippery as hell. No one can take bragging rights just yet, will have to wait till finals for it.

Well done to both teams.

quick post there hernia but true. such a hard fought game between two really good sides. banyule are very good blokes despite 'the_cave' talking smack on here. can't wait to see the clash later in the year cos both teams never gave up when it looked like it was all over! bw2.

what a game it was today. a draw maybe a fitting outcome to a hard fought gamer by both sides. all credit to the trinity boys they were better that i predicted, but just not good enough to get over the line. they seemed a little rattled by the harder hitting banyule boys. i see the hernia is just too soft to get out there, or maybe he was just scared of the cold. the game of the round lived up to the hype and just increases anticipation for the next meeting.

cave out!

what a game it was today. a draw maybe a fitting outcome to a hard fought gamer by both sides. all credit to the trinity boys they were better that i predicted, but just not good enough to get over the line. they seemed a little rattled by the harder hitting banyule boys. i see the hernia is just too soft to get out there, or maybe he was just scared of the cold. the game of the round lived up to the hype and just increases anticipation for the next meeting.

cave out!

nah mate, he was there, hes playing tomorrow though. swing and a miss caveboy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cave out!

Banyule seem to have had a lot of emphasis on the "success" of their unders over the past 5-7 years. Nothing wrong with fostering unders success if it helps the club.
That is fine but in that time their seniors have gone from C section to D2, so one wonders whether this is translating to senior success( surely the whole point of it??). I am led to believe that players weren't encouraged to play seniors in the past.
I remember when they went to premier section and reading on their website how they were going ot take it by storm then they hardly won a game.

Why haven't these good unders sides seen the club rise at least up to C section? When thay are beating A and B section clubs unders they should surely be able to get to C section?

great game by both sides today hardest game ive ever been involved with both teams just kept on going when it was clear we were both tired. Thought we had it late in the game but to trinitys credit they came back and kicked a late one. cant wait for the next meeting down at the bear cave.
And also regarding sausage rolls comment the reason why the seniors havnt had success is because the unders go elsewere for some reason mayb because they know the seniors are in D2 who knows but in saying that this season they are 5-1

great game by both sides today hardest game ive ever been involved with both teams just kept on going when it was clear we were both tired. Thought we had it late in the game but to trinitys credit they came back and kicked a late one. cant wait for the next meeting down at the bear cave.
And also regarding sausage rolls comment the reason why the seniors havnt had success is because the unders go elsewere for some reason mayb because they know the seniors are in D2 who knows but in saying that this season they are 5-1

when the final siren went the teams were so friendly to each other because I think everyone was just relieved the game was over. Expect that everyone involved will be pritty sore today!

cave out!

mate you gotta be kidding me, you blokes werent that hard, it was a hard fought game but no way where you blokes a harder hitting team.

Banyule seem to have had a lot of emphasis on the "success" of their unders over the past 5-7 years. Nothing wrong with fostering unders success if it helps the club.
That is fine but in that time their seniors have gone from C section to D2, so one wonders whether this is translating to senior success( surely the whole point of it??). I am led to believe that players weren't encouraged to play seniors in the past.
I remember when they went to premier section and reading on their website how they were going ot take it by storm then they hardly won a game.

Why haven't these good unders sides seen the club rise at least up to C section? When thay are beating A and B section clubs unders they should surely be able to get to C section?

Sausage,

Banyule have only had 19's since 2004. Having first hand experience I can say that the 19's were not encouraged to play senior footy as the Former Under 19 coach (who went on to coach the seniors for 2 years) had his own agenda. He was not worried at all about the success of the senior club but was only worried about personal glory. That is why the club went down the grades in 05 and 06. Once the players played 19's then a lot of them would go to other clubs.

The present senior coach has a young list at the moment and you will find that the 19's will now be encouraged to play senior footy which can only be good for the club to climb back up through the ranks.

Sausage,

Banyule have only had 19's since 2004. Having first hand experience I can say that the 19's were not encouraged to play senior footy as the Former Under 19 coach (who went on to coach the seniors for 2 years) had his own agenda. He was not worried at all about the success of the senior club but was only worried about personal glory. That is why the club went down the grades in 05 and 06. Once the players played 19's then a lot of them would go to other clubs.

The present senior coach has a young list at the moment and you will find that the 19's will now be encouraged to play senior footy which can only be good for the club to climb back up through the ranks.

Fact: Banyule started as an Under 19 club in 1979, the year after they enter the VAFA in F Grade. They rose to B Grade on the back of the strength of their Under 19's. Over the last 15 years they have struggled with Under's but within the last 5 they have proceeded through to Premier Division.

Their Seniors have come down from B Grade and have bounced around the middle grades for the last 5 years. They are a good club who have a good junior club base. If they get it right with the Under's they will start to move back up the grade as one of the best district clubs.

Fact: Banyule started as an Under 19 club in 1979, the year after they enter the VAFA in F Grade. They rose to B Grade on the back of the strength of their Under 19's. Over the last 15 years they have struggled with Under's but within the last 5 they have proceeded through to Premier Division.

Their Seniors have come down from B Grade and have bounced around the middle grades for the last 5 years. They are a good club who have a good junior club base. If they get it right with the Under's they will start to move back up the grade as one of the best district clubs.

Sorry Max I only mentioned since 2004 as that was when they got them back on track again. Banyule had 19's from 79 - 91 and then they played under the Warringal banner from 1995 - 1998.

mate you gotta be kidding me, you blokes werent that hard, it was a hard fought game but no way where you blokes a harder hitting team.

no mate he is not kidding you, our real strength is how hard we are and how hard we attack the footy and our tackling thats not to say that u boys arnt hard not at all. but it seems to me that teams like trinity have very classy and silky players. were as we rely on our tackling and hardness at the footy

no mate he is not kidding you, our real strength is how hard we are and how hard we attack the footy and our tackling thats not to say that u boys arnt hard not at all. but it seems to me that teams like trinity have very classy and silky players. were as we rely on our tackling and hardness at the footy

if you look back on "the caves" post clearly he says that you blokes were a "harder" hitting team which i dont believe is the case, thats not to say that your strengths arent your tackling, attack at the footy.. etc but i believe and also the scoreboard shows that this wasnt the case, the wet conditions were ideal for a "hard hitting" team and the result was a draw. i was merely stating that i didnt think you were harder than us and the result shows that the contest was even.

seemed to me that trinity has some quality players but lacking in the midfield with #2 'Robbie'? being the only real force as they got smashed out of the middle and around the contests especially as the game wore on.
Apart from that, OT's only other strength seems to be coming off the back flanks and running away from the contest? Yes/No?

hot tip you seem the educated type and i take it by your comment you were at the game first of all who were you rooting for and do you agree that banyule are much harder hitting than trinity

Remove this Banner Ad

Back