U19 Under 19's North Divison 1

Remove this Banner Ad

the vafa vote count is an absolute joke. for greer to come 6th is ****ing ridiculous, he was clearly the best player in the league by a country mile. the top 10 should have been dominated by old ivanhoe and old trinity players but it wasn't. coulson-hoffacker played the majority of the season in the 1's and came 9th which makes absolutely no sense to me. he shouldn't have even been in the top 20. nicholas howell should have been in the top 5, along with matthew jessop. it was the same as last year, with some players who played maybe 1 game in the year getting votes. its a bullshit system.

HK,

A bit of venom in that one old son. I think Jesse would happily trade his B&F medal for a premiership one with you and your 21 mates. ;)

Fact is OI and OT were the best teams in the competition because they had the greatest depth.

As for the current system, unless you can propose a superior alternative.....well it's the one we have to work with isn't it?

Enjoy Div 1 next year, you've earned it. :thumbsu:

Frase

The system is the best we have, and as with any system there are going to be flaws. It does seem like there are a few rather moderate players who polled well. But more so alot of good players didn't poll well. I'm sure the cave and yulas will agree Cam McDonald deserved more than 2 votes. I would have to say that Club Best and Fairests are probably a more accurate assesment of how good players are.
In saying all this I think that the top 3 are outstanding players and don't think i would probably change any of them from there positions!

the vafa vote count is an absolute joke. for greer to come 6th is ****ing ridiculous, he was clearly the best player in the league by a country mile. the top 10 should have been dominated by old ivanhoe and old trinity players but it wasn't. coulson-hoffacker played the majority of the season in the 1's and came 9th which makes absolutely no sense to me. he shouldn't have even been in the top 20. nicholas howell should have been in the top 5, along with matthew jessop. it was the same as last year, with some players who played maybe 1 game in the year getting votes. its a bullshit system.

hk. calm down mate. was browsing through the votes and found a point that might shock you even more. coulsen-hoffacker polled votes 4 times in the 6 games he played and finished 9th. of those 4 games he polled in he received 3-3-3-2 votes (11). everyone else in the top 10 played 17 games or more throughout the season. c-h only played in 6. imagine if he had have played all 18 games in the 19's. he would have smashed the league b&f or come top 2 for sure. this kid is a gun, favourite player down at OT's.

trinity could have had at least 6 players win it if they wern't playing seniors or being sidelined with injuries....could you imagine the trinity side with all 6 senior players playing all year?!anyways i think their slighlty chuffed with premiership medallions hangen around their necks!GO TRINITY!

yes that would be goood if someone could plz get hold of a copy of the record and post the team of year

and yes cam mcdonald deff deserved more than 2 votes when he is probably the best player in our team and would be the favourite for our club best and fairest

Re the recent announcement of the League votes in North 1, i am a player in league North 2 but a keen follower of all Under 19 football and would like to announce how disgusted i am and what a joke these votes are after seeing Daniel Tibaldi recieved one single vote all season. May i remind you all, that D Tibaldi was named as a starting on-baller in the team of the year, alongside the two highest pollers in the league. Congratulations to all winners in the vote count, but one must question its integrity after an inconsistancy of this calibre arises. Jessop was another unlikely player only recieving two votes despite his position as starting centre.

trinity could have had at least 6 players win it if they wern't playing seniors or being sidelined with injuries....could you imagine the trinity side with all 6 senior players playing all year?!anyways i think their slighlty chuffed with premiership medallions hangen around their necks!GO TRINITY!

Could you imagine any Under 19's side, be it amatuers, EFL, NFL etc if there were no restrictions on how many games they played in the ones.

The Finals would be a lot more interesting.

You imbecile! Who cares about the Under 19's, your ones got relegated!!!.

I still believe that they coveted their "Premiership Caps" more.

Lewis Hamilton's pit crew could change a tyre quicker than the Trinity Players had their premiers caps on.

No denying on the day the best team won, but...

Re the recent announcement of the League votes in North 1, i am a player in league North 2 but a keen follower of all Under 19 football and would like to announce how disgusted i am and what a joke these votes are after seeing Daniel Tibaldi recieved one single vote all season. May i remind you all, that D Tibaldi was named as a starting on-baller in the team of the year, alongside the two highest pollers in the league. Congratulations to all winners in the vote count, but one must question its integrity after an inconsistancy of this calibre arises. Jessop was another unlikely player only recieving two votes despite his position as starting centre.

Rather than questioning the integrity of the vote count, perhaps it'd be more appropriate to question the accuracy of the TOTY.

After all the B&F votes are given by the umpires who officiate on the day, I for one can assure you no scribe who compiles a TOTY would see more than one game a week, and in my case absolutely none for the year.

As far as I can see, unless Tibaldi played quite a few senior games this year, (a la Jessop, Coulsen-Hoffacker, Pacconi and Leetham at OTs) the joke appears to be more that he was named in the TOTY at all. If he only got one competition B&F vote for the season, and played all games in the u19s, he obviously didn't have a great year did he?

At the Grand Final who was the Trinity runner, he looked like a bald monkey, he could be heard all over the ground and school.

Was he the runner/coach and why didn't the umps penalise Trinity when he got in the way of players and filled holes.

How could a coach have a runner like that.

And it will be a long time before Trinity get out of B grade not much in the 19's that could lift them or play consistently in the one, bar two players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the Grand Final who was the Trinity runner, he looked like a bald monkey, he could be heard all over the ground and school.

Was he the runner/coach and why didn't the umps penalise Trinity when he got in the way of players and filled holes.

How could a coach have a runner like that.

And it will be a long time before Trinity get out of B grade not much in the 19's that could lift them or play consistently in the one, bar two players.

mate. stop whiniging about the game and just admit that you got smashed by a much ebtter team in Ot. what 2 blokes are you talking in regards to the 1's at trinity?

mate. stop whiniging about the game and just admit that you got smashed by a much ebtter team in Ot. what 2 blokes are you talking in regards to the 1's at trinity?

Not speaking for anyone, but clearly the Hyphen can play.

Keef - Needs some serious weight training
Leetham - See Keef
Howells - Towelled up in Grand Final when he had to pick up a player. Excelllent reader as a spay man. Would work in seniors.
Jessup - Needs to loose a few Kg's. Struggle for 18 games in seniors.
Pacconi - Yes

Not speaking for anyone, but clearly the Hyphen can play.

Keef - Needs some serious weight training
Leetham - See Keef
Howells - Towelled up in Grand Final when he had to pick up a player. Excelllent reader as a spay man. Would work in seniors.
Jessup - Needs to loose a few Kg's. Struggle for 18 games in seniors.
Pacconi - Yes

Super unfair assesment. Howell loves the contested footy, and if the backline only conceeds 4 goals I don't think the CHB can be towelled. More so I don't think you only get beaten twice in the year if your centre half back never picks up a player. Mugavin got the talking up of a lifetime on this forum after Ivanhoe thumped Banyule, the next week Howell embarrased him. Granted I'd probably say Mugavin beat Howell on Grand Final Day. But Howell be one of the highest contested possesion winners for Trinity.

too true, shorts... howell is one of the most influential players in the league. I was lucky enough to witness all OI vs OT games and howell was def a stand out in all. Mugavin was talked up to be a superstar, he is just a physical meat head presence. His body takes up half the fifty with his massive guns and chunky legs but he is not the greatest centre half forward/full forward i saw this season. I saw him get dumped like a ho, at the end of the second half in the gf by a bloke at least half his size. He tried to break through and couldn't. I don't think i saw howell get tackled successfully once all season. Just the start of a list of differences...

too true, shorts... howell is one of the most influential players in the league. I was lucky enough to witness all OI vs OT games and howell was def a stand out in all. Mugavin was talked up to be a superstar, he is just a physical meat head presence. His body takes up half the fifty with his massive guns and chunky legs but he is not the greatest centre half forward/full forward i saw this season. I saw him get dumped like a ho, at the end of the second half in the gf by a bloke at least half his size. He tried to break through and couldn't. I don't think i saw howell get tackled successfully once all season. Just the start of a list of differences...

Still beaten in the GF. And as I stated would need to be more accountable if he is to progress in the Seniors.

Still beaten in the GF. And as I stated would need to be more accountable if he is to progress in the Seniors.

Max Leader, I sincerley hope you don't give anyone advice about how to play football, because you clearly don't understand the game. You say that Howell 'still got beaten in the gf' like it is impossible for him to play seniors because of this. I will conceed Howell got beaten in the grand final, just, but even if he did how is that one performance representative of him as a player?
You have now stated that howell is unaccountable twice with out any evidence of this fact. You can be beaten without being unaccountable.
It is absurd of you to think Howell could actually be regarded by everyone in the competition (including Ivanhoe) as one of the best players, but still some how be an unnacountable CHB. If he was an unnacounablt CHB he would of had absoulute bags kicked on him week in week out and oppositions wouldn't regard him so highly.
Howell played the last 7 matches of the home and away season with Trinity so I think he has already progressed into seniors.

Max Leader, I sincerley hope you don't give anyone advice about how to play football, because you clearly don't understand the game. You say that Howell 'still got beaten in the gf' like it is impossible for him to play seniors because of this. I will conceed Howell got beaten in the grand final, just, but even if he did how is that one performance representative of him as a player?
You have now stated that howell is unaccountable twice with out any evidence of this fact. You can be beaten without being unaccountable.
It is absurd of you to think Howell could actually be regarded by everyone in the competition (including Ivanhoe) as one of the best players, but still some how be an unnacountable CHB. If he was an unnacounablt CHB he would of had absoulute bags kicked on him week in week out and oppositions wouldn't regard him so highly.
Howell played the last 7 matches of the home and away season with Trinity so I think he has already progressed into seniors.

I've seen enough to know that the kid can play. Unaccountable means that he doesn't change his game plan regardless of the situation. He has an ability of zone off very well especially when OT are well on top. When the game was in the balance in the 1st qtr he struggled to change his game plan. He was lucky that OT ended up dominating the game, because even in the last qtr, Mugavin still outplayed him.

Shorts, playing the last 7 games in the seniors means nothing especially as OT lost nearly all of those games.

Wpuld I want Howell's in my team. Yes. But he would need to change his game style.

what about the hyphen? will he have a bigger impact than what he did this year in the 1's with a solid pre season leader? as well as if jessop loses some weight and pacconi keeps developing.

I've seen enough to know that the kid can play. Unaccountable means that he doesn't change his game plan regardless of the situation. He has an ability of zone off very well especially when OT are well on top. When the game was in the balance in the 1st qtr he struggled to change his game plan. He was lucky that OT ended up dominating the game, because even in the last qtr, Mugavin still outplayed him.

Shorts, playing the last 7 games in the seniors means nothing especially as OT lost nearly all of those games.

Wpuld I want Howell's in my team. Yes. But he would need to change his game style.

You've got no clue pal, howell played his seven games in the seniors in the forward line, so there goes your argument about knowing enough about him. His games in the seniors were good enough to keep him in the side, despite losses, he still faired in the best amongst some eyes of the VAFA. Max, i can understand that you have very sour grapes, but it is disappointing to see you solely attack one player, it takes 22 (or 24 in the 19s) to make up a team and clearly howell getting beaten on the day reflected nothing on the scoreboard. If muggavin killed him so badly then why did OI only score one goal after qrt time?

You've got no clue pal, howell played his seven games in the seniors in the forward line, so there goes your argument about knowing enough about him. His games in the seniors were good enough to keep him in the side, despite losses, he still faired in the best amongst some eyes of the VAFA. Max, i can understand that you have very sour grapes, but it is disappointing to see you solely attack one player, it takes 22 (or 24 in the 19s) to make up a team and clearly howell getting beaten on the day reflected nothing on the scoreboard. If muggavin killed him so badly then why did OI only score one goal after qrt time?

Read my lips. He can play. Never said he couldn't. I'd have him in my team any day. I am saying that he has limitations, ie flexibility, when the game isn't going his way.

As stated many times, the best team won on the day.

Howell's v Mugavin wasn't the reason the game ended up so one sided. Still the points went clearly to Mugavin in this game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back