U19 Under 19's

Remove this Banner Ad

Beer's Beer's for old De La Salle...

Have retained a goup of about 7-10 from the premiership side from last year, could be more beers for de la.

word is that alot of the teams in north(1) last year were made up of mainly underage players, so the teams in that division could be farely strong. Old Camberwell finished the highest out of all those teams last year and one would think they are the team to beat, any thoughts?!??!

OCGFC team last year had plenty of second year guys . . . They will go OK given history but surely their stronger years are behind them

In Regards to north 1 will Old Ivanhoe and Old Esondon keep many players from last year? as they were both pretty dominant last yr in a lower division, will be interesting to see how they fair in a better comp...

In Regards to north 1 will Old Ivanhoe and Old Esondon keep many players from last year? as they were both pretty dominant last yr in a lower division, will be interesting to see how they fair in a better comp...

not sure if i'd call north 1 a better comp murph. the fact that the vafa have decided to break up the 19's geographically imo means we're going to see some very lopsided matches in both north/south 1!

i think the breaking up into geographic regions is a good idea. it hasn't been fair or enjoyable the lastfews years when those of us from the leafy south eastern suburbs were forced to set foot into the derelict north and west. now teams from hoppers crossing can beat the s**t out of eachother and leave the real footy to the south east and premier division

i think the breaking up into geographic regions is a good idea. it hasn't been fair or enjoyable the lastfews years when those of us from the leafy south eastern suburbs were forced to set foot into the derelict north and west. now teams from hoppers crossing can beat the s**t out of eachother and leave the real footy to the south east and premier division

What a moron,
With the exception of Old Brighton and maybe Ormond, no other team in South 1 would get within 10 goals of Old Carey, Old Camberwell, Old Ivanhoe, Fitzroy Reds and Old Trinity.

You can have your leafy teams as they play bullshi te soft losing football.

What a moron,
With the exception of Old Brighton and maybe Ormond, no other team in South 1 would get within 10 goals of Old Carey, Old Camberwell, Old Ivanhoe, Fitzroy Reds and Old Trinity.

i agree, north 1 is going to be very high standard and very close between the teams you mentioned, would also add old essendon to that mix

What a moron,

last time i checked out of those teams only fitzroy is in the north or west. camberwell is south eastern and the other 3 are eastern

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old Melburnians 19s are a quality side. We (ajax) played them on the weekend and they run over the top of us by 6 goals in just under 3 quarters (we were limited on time). Their ruckman was awesome, don't know his name but they kept calling him Muso

last time i checked out of those teams only fitzroy is in the north or west. camberwell is south eastern and the other 3 are eastern

Have a peep at the VAFA clubs' demographic - most of them are located south of the Yarra.

Reds are at the start of the Eastern Freeway, OI, OT and OC are within a couple of kms of same, just a few kms east. Dead set lock they'd be geographically grouped.

Back in the early 90's, when I played U19 North, Old Trinity had to play Therry, Bulleen-Temp, Paradians, Whitefriars, Uni Blues, Old Camberwell, Thomastown :eek: and so on.....basically eastern/northern suburban teams

Any one like to share there top 4 for north 1? I will throw mine out there but the amout of thought that went into these are minimal.

top 4 in no order: Old Ivanhoe, Old Essendon, Old Camberwell, Old Carey - all played finals last year except for Carey but they were in Premier
Old Trinity, Fitzroy to be in the mix
Old Parade, Banyule to struggle,
No nothing about Bulleen or Manningham
In Saying this I think that it is going to be the closest under 19 competition for a while, which is Ironic as the competiton was simply made by location.
my 2 cents

Any one like to share there top 4 for north 1? I will throw mine out there but the amout of thought that went into these are minimal.

top 4 in no order: Old Ivanhoe, Old Essendon, Old Camberwell, Old Carey - all played finals last year except for Carey but they were in Premier
Old Trinity, Fitzroy to be in the mix
Old Parade, Banyule to struggle,
No nothing about Bulleen or Manningham
In Saying this I think that it is going to be the closest under 19 competition for a while, which is Ironic as the competiton was simply made by location.
my 2 cents

Manningham have some handy players with a few tall skinny types who are good in the air and some good runners. They will go well.

Old Camberwell have lost a few guys from last year but some of the new boys coming in would probably be bigger and stronger than the second year players last year... expect a big year!

played therry.....pretty sure bulleen wouldve won but we didnt keep score

yeah i was down there watchin therry, id say buleen wouldve won due to a pretty good last quarter

bulleen look ok with some good onballers but i think either side of the ground they will be found out in north1, no real dominant key possie players

MHSOBA (in south 2 btw, not north) defeated Bentleigh, by about 4-5 goals.

one of the bentleigh blokes would have gone for 8 + weeks if it were in the AFL. Discusting hit

MHS also had a win vs Rowville, beating them by 16 points a few weeks ago.

Video was supposedly taken of the MHS vs Bentleigh game...including an amazing goal in the 1st quarter by an MHS player :D...but the video just missed the incident/strike.

The MHS player who got hit has recovered and the Bentleigh player (#5) is lucky that the umpire turned his back cause he deserves 8 weeks for that hit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back