U19 Under 19's

Remove this Banner Ad

i hear from a mate of mine that banyule 19's have picked up Bart Walsh. If that is correct they have a ripper player. I played school footy with him (at Marcellin) and know that he was vice captain of Northern Nighthts (U 16's) and played extremely well in our first side. Aparantly he played in their senior side in a praccy match and did really well. Can anyone from Banyule verify whether there is any truth behind these comments????

Tips Round 2

humiliated last week by a few upsets and a resurgent banyule quillsman, i have been a bit careful this week in predicting the winners. a week has passed and the dust has settled on the north 1 divsion and perhaps after this round the real teams can be sorted from the pretenders. some really hard games to pick today but i have a feeling notch a couple on the tipping sheet so here we go.....

A fiesty BANYULE side today will tussle it out with an OLD CAREY team who apparently have a few soccer players. Their silkiness will need to a lot better to be this tough side and i predict a close match at the Brockwell Reserve with the smaller ground to favour the 'Yulas'. Banyule by 13pts

PARADIANS will have a win against the MANNIGHAM lads and this will be the result that will feel out both sides. Paradians by 23pts

IVANHOE will simply kill a hapless FITZROY side that offers nothing other than memories of another great (and incidentally terrible) team. Ivanhoe by 100+pts

ESSENDON coming off a loss to bulleen last week will be fired up and knock of the CAMBERWELL side that has shown apparently not enough fight in recent times despite a number of top age players. Playing Essendon last year, they are mongrels but definetely competent of playings some top footy. Essendon by 17pts

OLD TRINITY will enjoy playing their first home game for the season on their delightful playing fields which will probably makes the BULLEEN boys get a little bulge in their pants after playing on the disgraceful Ted Ajani field. Looking back on last years form, these teams played out two games that finished Bulleen's way both under 5pts! Bulleen have already shown they are not pretenders and will put up a terrific fight. Benchwarmer's MATCH OF THE ROUND will tip the home team...just. Trinity by 12pts

All the best boys, we'll see the extent of my tipping tonight. bw2.

Re: Tips Round 2

well bw2 u got one right but it was far from a close one down at the RJBrockwell oval banyule/viewbank defeated old carey by over 100 points. OC never looked like coming anywhere near us and really i do not no how they defeated old paradians by that amount last week. watch out for the bears in 08

white was very suprised to note that Banyule accounted for Old Carey so easily on the week-end.
Its only round 2, and in white's eyes the wheat has already been seperated from the chaff.
Would like to hear what others make of these results...

Bulleen Temp def. Old Essendon (Rd 1)

Banyule def. Old Camberwell (Rd.1)

Old Essendon def. Old Camberwell (Rd. 2) by more than what Banyule did.

Banyule smash Old Carey (Rd. 2) who beat Old Paradians (Rd. 1)

Will be very interesting to see the result of OT v BT.

Either way, there are a few teams who can start thinking about a premeture end of season footy trip, as they simply will not make the finals. Those teams are:

Old Camberwell
Manningham
Fitzroy Reds
Old Paradians

i hear from a mate of mine that banyule 19's have picked up Bart Walsh. If that is correct they have a ripper player.

Take a look at their team sheet from last week

Had a look at Banyule's team sheet, couldn't find a Bart Walsh, however there was someone called BARTHOLOMEW. I don't care how good a player he is, that is a terrible name. Your parrents must have hated you mate!

Either way, there are a few teams who can start thinking about a premeture end of season footy trip, as they simply will not make the finals. Those teams are:

Old Camberwell
Manningham
Fitzroy Reds
Old Paradians

If banyule beat Camberwell by 20 points, and banyule beat carey by 100 points, surely you would agree camberwell are better than carey? I know carey have a win but it was against old parade, if you are writing off camberwell you have to write off carey. white?

white was very suprised to note that Banyule accounted for Old Carey so easily on the week-end.
Its only round 2, and in white's eyes the wheat has already been seperated from the chaff.
Would like to hear what others make of these results...

Bulleen Temp def. Old Essendon (Rd 1)

Banyule def. Old Camberwell (Rd.1)

Old Essendon def. Old Camberwell (Rd. 2) by more than what Banyule did.

Banyule smash Old Carey (Rd. 2) who beat Old Paradians (Rd. 1)

Will be very interesting to see the result of OT v BT.

Old Camberwell
Manningham
Fitzroy Reds
Old Paradians

Wouldn't be sending Old Camb on any footy trips just yet, their dilemma is when to drop players back from the firsts and still make finals

old camberwell were miles ahead of old carey who just seemed like they had neva played the sport before but accordin to the VAFA record old carey were suposed to have defeated us by half time and were the flag favourites i wonder which idiot wrote that. Also Bart Walsh is one of the best players in north(1) and i reckon its a good name stands out.

anyone with a voice on the teams to beat at this moment?

i think with 19s it will all come down to which teams hold onto the 19s players. surely some teams will have players in and out of senior selection. that has to be considered at this age group.

its going to be about the depth in each team. how far the good players are the less better ones. surely good players win matches, but the tail players keep you in them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think with 19s it will all come down to which teams hold onto the 19s players. surely some teams will have players in and out of senior selection. that has to be considered at this age group.

its going to be about the depth in each team. how far the good players are the less better ones. surely good players win matches, but the tail players keep you in them.

i'm pritty sure that you just contradicted yourself, first you said that success is about retaining 2 or 3 guns who might play seniors, then you said it is about all about depth, which means you are saying it doesnt matter who plays seniors as long you have good 2nd string players?
I agree with your second statement, depth is the key. Perhaps for individual games one could claim that the loss of some of there players to seniors was a factor. But over a whole season I think the good teams are good and the bad teams a bad, and gaining or losing 2 or 3 players to seniors does not change this. I use my own club as an example, we have 4 guys who played seniors in both rounds 1 and 2, they are bloody good players and perhaps they could have had some effect on the results, but they are not difference between us being a middle/ lower team to a premiership hope.

banyule and ivanhoe i think will be the two teams to beat, don't know the result of bulleen and trinity but i think those two teams are going to be solid. Camberwell and Essendon, so so. Carey = Enigma. The rest to struggle

banyule and ivanhoe i think will be the two teams to beat, don't know the result of bulleen and trinity but i think those two teams are going to be solid. Camberwell and Essendon, so so. Carey = Enigma. The rest to struggle

Why does everyone think that Banyule are one of the competitions elite teams? I am not saying they are duds, far from it. But I think everyone is getting a little bit carried away at the weekends result. Essendon beat Camberwell by more than banyule did, and bulleen beat essendon, and Trinity beat bulleen. Footy is not this logical but my point is that Essendon, Bulleen, Trinity even camberwell (who yourself said were missing a few players when they played banyule) are not going to left far behing by banyule, or atleast we have no reason to think so at the moment.

banyule seem to be the talk. but i think they still have to prove themselves.
camberwell have had 2 big matches. surely they are top 4.
essendon seemed to improve. and they might keep improving.
trinity may well be the team to beat.

banyule seem to be the talk. but i think they still have to prove themselves.
camberwell have had 2 big matches. surely they are top 4.
essendon seemed to improve. and they might keep improving.
trinity may well be the team to beat.

Good point Lambchop, there is probably a little too much excitement at the moment around all teams and i include myself when i say a few of us are trying to gauge to much from the opening two games. Interesting to note that trinity and ivanhoe have only let through 74 and 88 points respectively which is signs of fairly solid backlines. The kicking of trinity would be another talking point, 8.18 represents a lazy finishing team that is not rewarding the work of the midfield and backline. Not really sure if Banyule have been challenged yet as both camberwell and carey dont appear to be anything that special. some good games to come in the next few weeks, including trinity v essendon, banyule v bulleen this week, which will sort out a couple of the dilemmas. share your thoughts. (also good tipping by me last week, only one wrong) bw2.

Have to agree bw2. Banyule dont seem to have been challenged yet and this weekend will be very interesting. Having said that if they snag a win this weekend there is every chance that after round 5 they will be 5-0 as they are playing Fitzroy and Manningham in rounds 4 and 5.

Still unsure about Old Carey after posting a big win and an even bigger loss just 7 days later. Old Ivanhoe have started well but i think that both the teams they have beaten so far (Manningham, Fitzroy) will be holding up the ladder come round 18.

So my early predictions (just a stab in the dark, will probarbly change after this weekend).
Contenders:
Ivanhoe
OT
Banyule
Bulleen

Undecided:
Essendon
Camberwell

Making up the numbers
Fitzroy
Manningham
Parade

that is a reasonable prediction moose1.

although id probably lean more towards OT and OI.

i dont think bulleen are much to talk about. first round. i hears OEG played on a pretty average ground.

i think by round 5 like you said. banyule will most likely be 5 and zip. and i think round 5 is the time to start judging more.

some grounds are s**t at this stage. and teams have playing coming and leaving.

OEG and OT will be a big match at a good ground. surely OT are favourites.

just looked at old trinitys team sheet and they have a few players that i was unaware that played for them. They should be top 4, don't know if they will be that good as ivanhoe. You seem keen to talk about them lamb, know something we don't?

Woolley, you can generally expect the teams that are well positioned in A and B grade to have pretty good under 19 teams because they have depth, so the obvious choices at this stage are are Trinity,Ivanhoe,Essendon

I was cycling down the main yarra trail on saturday afternoon past the A.J burket oval whe i saw the game Banyule vs O.C.i saw a youn gentleman for Banyule no.1, 1 out in the squre, his ability to read the play and get his mits on the pil was phenomenal, the only dissapointment toward this young man was his inabiltiy to convert opportunities. Down the other end of the ground a young well built/fit man they called cheezy, showed plenty of dash off halfback, was quite impressive.

chook3 21/4

first of all i am sick of hearing that camberwell had players out yes that is true mayb but like what was said before it isnt going to matter if these players come in and out because there 2nd rate players arnt up to it. Again we think we have a massive challenge this w/e against a rival of ours who seem to be better than what people think it will also be interesting to see how camberwell go as people still rate them as a side for finals.
Also mixedfish it doesnt matter what grade the seniors are in because really the under 19s are fueled from the junior club and at banyule that would mean division 1 yarra team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back