U19 Under 19's

Remove this Banner Ad

Mazenod in South (1) have had a very poor start seeing they have won the grand final last year (after 3 attempts in a row). The word on the street is they have a massive squad and giving all the guys a fair run up until now. Got alot of big names to come back, players from the winning Team last year so it will be very interesting to see how they go for the rest of the season

Mazenod in South (1) have had a very poor start seeing they have won the grand final last year (after 3 attempts in a row). The word on the street is they have a massive squad and giving all the guys a fair run up until now. Got alot of big names to come back, players from the winning Team last year so it will be very interesting to see how they go for the rest of the season

sure mazenod have had a few players out but i think that they will not finish newhere near ormond or old melburnians. i think the aim for mazenod should be just to stay up. How will all the APS and AGS old boys go now that the skool season has started.

My money would be on ormond to be playing division 1 next year

sure mazenod have had a few players out but i think that they will not finish newhere near ormond or old melburnians. i think the aim for mazenod should be just to stay up. How will all the APS and AGS old boys go now that the skool season has started.

My money would be on ormond to be playing division 1 next year

Will not affect any of the ApS schools as only have old boys playing not current schoolies.Seems diff for Mentone.Hear Ormond are the team to beat .

Yes very true Ormond are the team to beat this year. What has happened to Hailbury this year? they were a dominant team the last few years, now they are struggling to keep up with the rest. Maybe relegation next year . . .

I am neither a player or administator so I cannot understand the rationale of the selectors in choosing the U19 rep squad. Then again I don't always understand the rationale of umpires and women.
The following quote was posted by Scribe as the criteria for selecting the squad:
"As long as you're under 20 on 30 June 2008, then you are eligible.

Pretty safe to say the vast majority of the U19 rep players would be expected to be playing solely in their club's senior side. The VAFA selectors have to find a unit which can beat the AFLQ U21 side, many of whom have been playing in the same competition together for 6 years.

Kids who can't get into their club's senior team, and are therefore playing in the U19 divisions, will be in the minority for sure."
If the selectors are trying to find a unit which can beat the AFLQ side,why were so many players who have been in their senior team best been overlooked?

I am neither a player or administator so I cannot understand the rationale of the selectors in choosing the U19 rep squad. Then again I don't always understand the rationale of umpires and women.
The following quote was posted by Scribe as the criteria for selecting the squad:
"As long as you're under 20 on 30 June 2008, then you are eligible.

Pretty safe to say the vast majority of the U19 rep players would be expected to be playing solely in their club's senior side. The VAFA selectors have to find a unit which can beat the AFLQ U21 side, many of whom have been playing in the same competition together for 6 years.

Kids who can't get into their club's senior team, and are therefore playing in the U19 divisions, will be in the minority for sure."
If the selectors are trying to find a unit which can beat the AFLQ side,why were so many players who have been in their senior team best been overlooked?

Name Names

Name Names
Nah,never kiss and tell. Although there is the bloke playing good football in a top A section team, and a couple of fellas in B Section one named in his team best 5 times the other 3 who would consider themselves stiff not to be selected. Especially since there are fellas in lower sections who have never been named in the best 6. And of course the curious case of the bloke who made it and I havent been able to find where he has played a single game this year, not ones,reserves or u/19s

There is also a bloke been BOG for Old Trinity 2 weeks in a row in the seniors and has been playing superbly all year. Goes by the name Coulsen-Hoffacker. Gun under 19 player, have him peniclled in already for the vic team. Notable others include Spargo from Ivanhoe, Douglas from Old Xavs and the Richards brothers from SBMT. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

There is also a bloke been BOG for Old Trinity 2 weeks in a row in the seniors and has been playing superbly all year. Goes by the name Coulsen-Hoffacker. Gun under 19 player, have him peniclled in already for the vic team. Notable others include Spargo from Ivanhoe, Douglas from Old Xavs and the Richards brothers from SBMT. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
Mate, those blokes are already in the squad and are obviously players of quality, whats being discussed are blokes who are playing excellent footy and were left out

Interesting few weeks in the south 1 section.
Mazenod after a very poor start have only lost 1 of their last for match and that loss due mainly to poor kicking.however old brighton seem to be struggling little with form after a very solid start

Grand Final preview this weekend in Sth 1 Section. Old Melburnians v Ormond. Both undefeated & way out on top of everyone else. Should be a cracker of a game.

om's won by about 40 in the end in a ripping game at junction oval. ormond started on top but once their playmakers were effectively taken out of the game om's got on top and started to dominate...great win which has further proven their credentials in this league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grand Final preview this weekend in Sth 1 Section. Old Melburnians v Ormond. Both undefeated & way out on top of everyone else. Should be a cracker of a game.

Pardon the pun here Mr Gunn but don't you think you are jumping the "Gunn" just a little bit here by predicting who is to play in the Grand Final this early on? Obviously OM's and Ormond are the form teams this early on in the season but Caulfiled have been in great form of late and have no less than 6 under 19's playing in their senior side week in week out. Add them into the fray and Caulfield would have to be given a huge chance of taking the prize.

Maybe just put your predictions away for a few more weeks and let the season take its course.....there is no such thing as a foregone conclusion in amatuer football.

Pardon the pun here Mr Gunn but don't you think you are jumping the "Gunn" just a little bit here by predicting who is to play in the Grand Final this early on? Obviously OM's and Ormond are the form teams this early on in the season but Caulfiled have been in great form of late and have no less than 6 under 19's playing in their senior side week in week out. Add them into the fray and Caulfield would have to be given a huge chance of taking the prize.

Maybe just put your predictions away for a few more weeks and let the season take its course.....there is no such thing as a foregone conclusion in amatuer football.

Mate you are a f******g joke. In the future when you post stuff about your own club on this site... change your username so no one will know who you are. You are clearly Mark Nelson who plays for Caulfield you muppet. You are an idiot!

Mate you are a f******g joke. In the future when you post stuff about your own club on this site... change your username so no one will know who you are. You are clearly Mark Nelson who plays for Caulfield you muppet. You are an idiot!

Well done genius, you correclty guessed that my name is Mark, bravo! But there are a couple of points which need clarification. Clearly, you think you are pretty intelligent but if you are as smart as you think you are you would have realised that the "86" in my username is a reference to the year in which i was born. That means im 22 this year (2008 minus 1986 equals 22 just in case you don't believe me) rendering me slighlty too old to play under 19's footy dont you think?

Second of all, i have no affiliation to Caulfield at all, i was at the under 19's game between OM's and Ormond on the weekend and the standard was very very good. However, i also happened to stick around and watch the under 19 players from caulfield who are running around in the ones at the moment and there is a huge amount of ability there. Chuck them in an already highly competitve under 19 team and it is obvious that they would have a big chance of going all the way in septermber.

Who is the muppet after all vafanut? You flog....ciao!

Good point. But I assume all teams have good players in the seniors. OM's and Ormond both had at least 6 out with seniors and injuries. I suppose it all depends on who is eligible to play in finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back