U19 Under 19's

Remove this Banner Ad

yes, white is back!
firstly, white would like to welcome all the new comers to the u19 thread. for those who already know of white (from last year), expect more of the same in '08!

the preponderance (white realises most of you wont know what this word means, so look it up if you have to...) of my comments this year will be related to the u19 north 1 section, which white anticipates will be a rather lopsided compition.

its very hard to predict how the season will pan out so early in the year, as the u19 compition is everchanging. white however, true to character, is prepared to put his reputation on the line and give his weekly predictions in...

WHITE'S WINNERS (the most eargerly anticipated segment of the week)

OLD CAREY v Old Paradians: white feels as though the home team will be far too strong a run away 37pt victors

OLD IVANHOE v Manningham Sharks: premiers in '07 in div 3, taking on the new kids on the block. should be a good game, but the hoes will prevail thanks to a dominant performance by Greer, who could be one of the contenders for best in the comp. (26pts)

OLD CAMBERWELL v Banyule: again the home team should be too strong, and will fancy themselves as a top 4 prospect. ( 42pts)

Fitzroy v OLD TRINITY: dependending on how many players are retained from last year, trinity could also have real top 4 aspirations. Will the likes of Humman and Coulsen-Hoffacker (i apologise for incorrect spelling) still be running around in the unders?? Either way, they will be too strong for the likes of the fitzroy reds. (22pts)

BULLEEN TEMPLESTOW v Old Essendon: a young team last year, who were better than their ladder position indicated will be looking to start '08 of with the 4points. The vafa scribe cleary has no idea about the north comp, and his prediction of them coming last will have the home side coming out of the sheds like a bull at a red gate. Expect them to be a very competitive unit all year, finishing in the top half. (29pts)

White, White, White. Simply a pleasure to have you back this year. Just one discrepancy on the tips. OEG to win by 6 in a solid match with a new look team with a whole lot of potential.

Alright White, seeing as no one else is going to put in some tips I better let you know the winners. This week though i'm going to stick pretty close to you.

CAREY will knock off the Paradians down at their bulleen grounds (25pts)
OLD IVANHOE with a team anything like they had last year should give the new side Mannigham Sharks a working over (35+pts)
OLD CAMBERWELL will see Banyule back to wherever banyule actually is despite losing a couple of good players (24pts)
OLD TRINITY with some new young talent will be too strong for Fitzroy (30pts)
OLD ESSENDON will be an interesting side this year, i suggest this will be the match of the round, with Bulleen Temp. showing promise at times last year only to finish outside the four. OE will be too strong and win in a close one (10pts).

heard from a source that essendon will be the team to beat with a lot of young potential from fresh leavers. camberwell had shit numbers in the early pre season but are showing promise. old trinity lost a lot of top age players but a few players from last year are still eligible u/19s . bulleen temp have the shittest oval in the league but managed to knock off a few good teams last year, be good to see if they can get up and cause a few upsets with a lot of good shown last year. all the best fellas. bw2.

Well well well, wasn't i made to look the fool...
my 'source' down at old essendon just lost his job and has returned to planespotting and my old mates down at camberwell got shown the rough end of the stick by banyule. be good to hear from either of those sides to see what happened?
apart from that, as i tipped.
carey pumped paradians, ivanhoe demolished mannigham (are mannigham bad or ivanhoe f*ing good?? let us know) and trinity boys crushed fitzroy.
be good to share who are the good names at each club and who played well and any surprises. bw2.

king hit was it?

i want to know how the new team went, the manningham sharks. i heard ivanhoe and sharks played on turf as hard as the telstra dome in its early days.

Well well well, wasn't i made to look the fool...
my 'source' down at old essendon just lost his job and has returned to planespotting and my old mates down at camberwell got shown the rough end of the stick by banyule. be good to hear from either of those sides to see what happened?
apart from that, as i tipped.
carey pumped paradians, ivanhoe demolished mannigham (are mannigham bad or ivanhoe f*ing good?? let us know) and trinity boys crushed fitzroy.
be good to share who are the good names at each club and who played well and any surprises. bw2.

Well u were very wrong werent u
just want to say to you and to white that banyule are far from the bottom of the ladder and should be a major threat in 2008. Old Camberwell were neither tuff enough or more skillfull enough to take down banyule/viewbank. Best players were Bart Walsh, Shaun Driscoll and big Jarrod at full back. Really dont no why we were picked to go so badly but all teams must no that we are a team to threatin
CRAZY BEERS 08

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw 3/4 of the camberwell, Banyule game. Camberwell were off to a good start. looked as though they were going to dominate all game. but simply dropped off! I think it was more camberwell playing badly then banyule being good! Camberwell apparantley missing 3 key players due to seniors obligations. Would be suprised if banyule even gave the top 4 a nudge, but it is early days!!

just want to say to you and to white that banyule are far from the bottom of the ladder and should be a major threat in 2008. Old Camberwell were neither tuff enough or more skillfull enough to take down banyule/viewbank. Best players were Bart Walsh, Shaun Driscoll and big Jarrod at full back. Really dont no why we were picked to go so badly but all teams must no that we are a team to threatin
CRAZY BEERS 08

I'm guessing there may have been a few 'beers' before writing that piece of literary genius. It helps when you can spell your own team mascot. If the 'Crazy Beers' are so great and Camberwell so poor, why was the result so close with the same number of scoring shots?

its easy banyule took advantage of there scoring shots were as Camberwell didnt and as for them having players out thats there fault main point is that Camberwell were soft and didnt put there head over the footy. It doesnt matter how close the game was champ its what the result was and as i can see it banyule have 4 points and Camberwell have 0

Just looking at the vafa record (which in all its glory had last years teams listed for the under 19's) and comparing it to names that played on the weekend , not a lot of continuity for old camberwell, seem to have lost a lot of quality from last year to senior footy, in saying this younger guys only get better as the season goes on, but they will have a tough time against bigger top age players.

CRAZY BEERS 08

mate relax. it was the first round and no one knew anything about banyule, but good on you for sticking up for your boys. Interesting that you reckon camberwell are soft as i know a few of those boys and they are tough as nails so if banyule are tougher then there will be great competition this year. interestingly someone mentioned scoring shots in the camberwell/banyule game and noticed that old trinity had thirty-one! perhaps some rued opportunities denied them of a bigger win or if fitzroy simply applied good pressure despite going down by a sizeable margin. bw2.

no probs mate yeah well there were a few exceptions put in the general they didnt compare to the toughness of some of our boys who are to tough for there own good. im not trying to pump us up cose the real challenge is this week against wat looks like an extremely strong old carey. Question is Mannigham sharks the under 19s for Whitefriars

I think camberwell have 4 players from last year. I could be wrong. going to be tough for them this year if thats the case! As for them being soft, can't say i agree. They have a few pretty strong tough players

I didn't see any of the trinity game. But knowing a few of the blokes that play their i would take a guess and say that they wasted a few opportunies, then fitzroy applying good pressure. Trinity will have a fairly strong side this year

some good games in north 1 this week, can't really pick a winner between Parade/Manningham, Essendon/Camberwell, Bulleen/Trinity, Banyule/Carey. Think Ivanhoe will take care of reds pretty easily though.
Really is a good comp North 1

oh ok i get ya so you were mainly talking about the brand of football the bears play? not ther results?
Previously they have not faired well at all against the teams in the top four
that is why i thought you meant that they dont play well (cant beat) top 4 teams which wouldn't make sense as they won the flag in 05'

but yes i understand now :D

massive challenge for the bears this week on our small home ground as u boys like to call it, old carey seem to me to be the bench mark of the division and also many people have talked down bulleen/temp when i was talking to a contact and they will be much better than people think this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back