Unofficial Preview Under 23's Adelaide vs Port Thebarton Oval, Saturday February 29, 11.50am, AFC Media live stream available

Remove this Banner Ad

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Lot of Talk in other areas though I will attempt my first preview
Crows Have a Balance team and a refreshing change in the fact we can field a full team of Under 23's

Crows Potential team
B: McPherson, Butts, Hamill
HB: Scholl, McAsey, Milera
C: McHenry Pohokle, Gallucci
HF: Murphy, Fogarty, Davis
F: Stengle, Frampton, Crocker
R: Strachan, Jones, Keays
I/C: Schoenberg, Gollant, O'Conner, Himmelberg, Worrel, Mathews
Unsure how big the Bench will be
Strachan is Older but has not played AFL, Only other 24 yr old are McAdam, Knight along with M Crouch and ROB who I don't believe will Play,
No Doedee due to Knee,

Some Interesting matchups
Strachan and Frampton go Against Ladhams and Hayes
Butts and McAsey against Marshal and Bergman
Fogarty and Himmelburg against Lienert, Burton and Houston

Lot of Talk in other areas though I will attempt my first preview
Crows Have a Balance team and a refreshing change in the fact we can field a full team of Under 23's

Crows Potential team
B: McPherson, Butts, Hamill
HB: Scholl, McAsey, Milera
C: McHenry Pohokle, Gallucci
HF: Murphy, Fogarty, Davis
F: Stengle, Frampton, Crocker
R: Strachan, Jones, Keays
I/C: Schoenberg, Gollant, O'Conner, Himmelberg, Worrel, Mathews
Unsure how big the Bench will be
Strachan is Older but has not played AFL, Only other 24 yr old are McAdam, Knight along with M Crouch and ROB who I don't believe will Play,
No Doedee due to Knee,

Some Interesting matchups
Strachan and Frampton go Against Ladhams and Hayes
Butts and McAsey against Marshal and Bergman
Fogarty and Himmelburg against Lienert, Burton and Houston
Godden said that there will be a few overs. Milera wont play. Some more top ups will play from what Godden said. Milera will play next week and round one. Same with Jones. Anyone else who the crows arnt planning on playing next week will play so they can get 2 out of 3 games. The others will all play you would expect. Wilson will probably play. AS you can see no C in Sholl. I am going to repeat myself until people get it.
1582624104099.png

Godden said that there will be a few overs. Milera wont play. Some more top ups will play from what Godden said. Milera will play next week and round one. Same with Jones. Anyone else who the crows arnt planning on playing next week will play so they can get 2 out of 3 games. The others will all play you would expect. Wilson will probably play. AS you can see no C in Sholl. I am going to repeat myself until people get it.
View attachment 828972
Who cares if people spell names incorrect on this page.... what's the big deal?

We lost this game last year, they played pretty dirty if I recall, Hope we bring it this year.

If you're a young player this is a great opportunity to impress/ throw your weight around as there will be less bigger bodies.

We lost this game last year, they played pretty dirty if I recall, Hope we bring it this year.

If you're a young player this is a great opportunity to impress/ throw your weight around as there will be less bigger bodies.
We controlled the game for the first half last year but they over ran us in second half. At half time we brought on top up players and rested our experienced players but the February Premiers went all out for the win.

I expect a similar result on Saturday.

I wouldn't mind going along to this one, is it free entry for members, or just general free admission?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No its called a mistake/error that all. Miss Spelling a name does not mean you disrespect anyone, and to be honest if we go down that path maybe we should be calling players by there First names.
If someone picks you up on the spelling of a players name... you'll not do it again, right?

We controlled the game for the first half last year but they over ran us in second half. At half time we brought on top up players and rested our experienced players but the February Premiers went all out for the win.

I expect a similar result on Saturday.
Wouldn't surprise me if they sing their club song after the game if they win

If someone picks you up on the spelling of a players name... you'll not do it again, right?
Na, sometimes it big thumbs sometimes it looks OK, Sometimes I just don't see the error ie the brain does not process the error.
Being picked up on bad spelling (and I should add Gramma) does not improve my spelling, it never will. And my spelling/gramma only going to get worse. Its a side effect of serving my Country.

Na, sometimes it big thumbs sometimes it looks OK, Sometimes I just don't see the error ie the brain does not process the error.
Being picked up on bad spelling (and I should add Gramma) does not improve my spelling, it never will. And my spelling/gramma only going to get worse. Its a side effect of serving my Country.
Fair enough. You have reasons why you are unable to do it. Most, though, don't have that problem. I remember there was a player I used to always spell his name wrong... can't even remember who now... but after a while someone picked me up on it, I made a mental note to not do it again. If someone points it out you can go one of two ways... 1. yep, made a mistake, will try not to do it again, 2. who gives a *? I'd like to think that MOST will take the 1. response.

Fair enough. You have reasons why you are unable to do it. Most, though, don't have that problem. I remember there was a player I used to always spell his name wrong... can't even remember who now... but after a while someone picked me up on it, I made a mental note to not do it again. If someone points it out you can go one of two ways... 1. yep, made a mistake, will try not to do it again, 2. who gives a fu**? I'd like to think that MOST will take the 1. response.
I am Not alone in this over the years I have been to a lot of workshops and there are more people out there than you think. It's just starting to be recognised, and when you add the consistent changing of the Written language,
I also know as fact that people who can read and write in several languages also make common spelling errors and correction does not help.
We have one of the hardest if not shittest languages to communicate in the World.

To be honest sometimes it a conversation killer.

I am Not alone in this over the years I have been to a lot of workshops and there are more people out there than you think. It's just starting to be recognised, and when you add the consistent changing of the Written language,
I also know as fact that people who can read and write in several languages also make common spelling errors and correction does not help.
We have one of the hardest if not shittest languages to communicate in the World.

To be honest sometimes it a conversation killer.
Even though I've got no issue with general grammar myself, I'm completely on your side here.

Plenty of people experience difficulties such as dyslexia and acquired brain injuries. If others fired up at them every time they make a simple mistake, it would be incredibly demoralising for those who are already struggling just communicating via text based platforms.

Most of these people have a passion for the topic, not for text based media, and they push through their issues just so they can discuss their passion/interest.

Outside of those, plenty of people get stitched up by autocorrect, or just because they're rushing messages on the phone.

No point being a stickler for spelling outside of areas it's actually needed imo. It just makes life harder for you and the people who genuinely struggle.

Gonna be interesting to see this match. We have a number of 21, 22 year olds who in all honesty contribute in a match no more than an 18 year old in their first season of afl.

It’s a practise match but we got a few guys in this age group playing for their careers this season and it all starts now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back