Unofficial Preview Under 23's Adelaide vs Port Thebarton Oval, Saturday February 29, 11.50am, AFC Media live stream available

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone mentioned a season or two back we were into a SA ruckman that was still contracted for a while. I cant remember all the guesses but Draper got mentioned, Grundy was another but a few of us guessed CCJ and I still think that it was him. He's out of contract at the end of this season isn't he? If we have a fair idea we're getting him at the end of this year perhaps we rolled the dice on ROB by himself for this season? Can still get a ruck in the mid season draft or even now if ROB does hurt himself.

Also might have a shot at Tilthorpe in the draft this year, though he's more a forward ruck than a genuine ruck from what I understand.
CCJ - nope - 2021

Draper did an ACL last year - 2023 - Adrian DoDoro

Adria

He can kick and sometimes does kick the unbelievable goal and the perfect pass.

His problem is that under pressure or in a pressure cooker game, his disposal can drop to that standard of a C grade player. All other aspects though of his game is elite.
sloane can kick under pressure. if you cant kick well under pressure in finals then how is he better? he goes missing in finals all the time. almost wasnt spotted in the second half of the prelim against richmond.

cant kick dude. if your disposal under pressure is s**t and shots for goal are ordinary than how is he better than sloane? his acceleration and contested ball is elite but thats it.

brad crouch is elite at contested ball and has a decent kick but not the speed. dangerfield looks good when he runs. take that away from him and is he any good?
because a 15 minute purple patch from Danger can win a tight game

I love Sloane he's a great player and a better human being but he isnt elite

sloane can kick under pressure. if you cant kick well under pressure in finals then how is he better? he goes missing in finals all the time. almost wasnt spotted in the second half of the prelim against richmond.
And Sloane has difficulty handling a hard tag.....nobodies perfect even the really good/elite players.

Sloane is very good but he doesn't have the game breaking ability that Dangerfield and the truly elite players have.

My big issues were the skill level of some of our players and was there a game plan other than short and indirect. I saw no big marking players around the ground other than Fog.

The Mathews knee didn’t look too bad 🤞 he just has bone bruising, really like him and would be a real bummer if it’s an ACL. I think O’ Conner will be a champ. Would love Will instead of Dmac.

And Sloane has difficulty handling a hard tag.....nobodies perfect even the really good/elite players.

Sloane is very good but he doesn't have the game breaking ability that Dangerfield and the truly elite players have.

I agree he's not elite, but would argue that he has game-winning ability. It doesn't come from a flashy 20 minutes that makes the margin unbreachable, but from inspiring gut-running last-quarter efforts, several of which have included fantastic contested marks in the square, and consequent goals, that wrapped up a tight game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep moving the goal posts all you like but you still lose...

Dangerfield - 7 AA's - elite
McLeod - 5 AA's - elite
Sloane - 1 AA - very good
so going by your logic danger better than mcleod lmao. Idk why you started comparing the amount of all australians they both have when I never said danger hadnt been an AA. my whole point is you dont make all australian just by being "very good".

Last edited:
so going by your logic danger better than mcleod lmao. Idk why you started comparing the amount of all australians they both have when I never said danger hadnt been an AA. my whole point is you dont make all australian just by being "very good".
My logic isn't in question but sure as hell yours is.

I agree he's not elite, but would argue that he has game-winning ability. It doesn't come from a flashy 20 minutes that makes the margin unbreachable, but from inspiring gut-running last-quarter efforts, several of which have included fantastic contested marks in the square, and consequent goals, that wrapped up a tight game.
Agree with this. Sloane has definitely lifted the team to victories before through his example, but he won't turn a game on its head with a string of individual brilliance.

I dont know what crows you have been watching the last 2 years but most of their games I saw no effort. how can you see good form when there is no effort? you cant. that is all on the coaches. the players wanted them gone.
You are talking bullshit , go to bed .

Sloane was on his way to being close to elite but when he started getting tagged his game went backwards.

People forget how good he was before he started getting tagged. Shame he cant work through a hard tag but not many can.

Your ignoring McLeod's performance on the last Saturday in September in 97 and 98.

Thats what really puts distance on McLeod v Danger comparison.

Agree with this. Sloane has definitely lifted the team to victories before through his example, but he won't turn a game on its head with a string of individual brilliance.

This.

I would have Sloane always as my captain ahead of Danger, but in the draft I would always take Danger ahead of Sloane.

Sloane is the proof we can have a very good Victorian player stay at our Club for the duration of his career.

Your ignoring McLeod's performance on the last Saturday in September in 97 and 98.

Thats what really puts distance on McLeod v Danger comparison.
not ignoring anything. mcleod was just a better player. he also played well in finals which danger struggles to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back