Unofficial Preview Under 23's Adelaide vs Port Thebarton Oval, Saturday February 29, 11.50am, AFC Media live stream available

Remove this Banner Ad

But with Sholl, Hamill and McPherson do we want him playing there either?
I see Will as more of a winger, and Sholl can play on the other flank. Andy Mac to a back pocket..... if he can get on the park

But with Sholl, Hamill and McPherson do we want him playing there either?

Those three can probably start looking for a new club if/when we just roll with Gibbs and Mackay again.

Edit: not being completely serious, but it does mean this year will be another case of "development can wait" if we just leave youngsters to rot in the seconds.

Fear it because it’s a wasted first round pick
I can’t think of anything I fear that happened in the past.

He either gets his s**t together, or he’ll be traded or delisted. He’s still only 21, he’s still got a little time on his side

Would have thought more changes than that, also remembering injuries will create more opportunities too.

Jenkins > Fogarty
Betts > Stengle
Douglas > McAdam, McHenry, etc

Hopefully
Mackay > Jones
Hartigan > McAsey
Kelly > Doedee

I suspect we will have plenty of players under 30 games playing this year most games, including most of our forward line.
I approve of all of those changes

Just to make me feel better:

Pyke > Nicks
Burton > Kelly
Campo > Claude the Crow

Jenkins > Fogarty
Betts > Stengle
Douglas > McHenry
MacKay > Jones
Hartigan > McAsey
Kelly > Doedee
Knight > McAdam
Greenwood > Poholke
CEY > Keays

Gold passes > talent
Conservative > pushing boundaries
"Finals are a pass mark" > "Go for a flag"

I do want Gibbs in the side if it's the 2018 Gibbs out there, I do not want Gibbs out there if it's the 2019 vintage Gibbs. Even if it was the 2019 vintage Gibbs I'd argue he's more value than Mackay.
Same number of possessions but can kick and hit a target.

I can’t think of anything I fear that happened in the past.

He either gets his s**t together, or he’ll be traded or delisted. He’s still only 21, he’s still got a little time on his side
He can get his s**t together and then leave, so there’s that.

I approve of all of those changes

Just to make me feel better:

Pyke > Nicks
Burton > Kelly
Campo > Claude the Crow

Jenkins > Fogarty
Betts > Stengle
Douglas > McHenry
MacKay > Jones
Hartigan > McAsey
Kelly > Doedee
Knight > McAdam
Greenwood > Poholke
CEY > Keays

Gold passes > talent
Conservative > pushing boundaries
"Finals are a pass mark" > "Go for a flag"
I hope those are arrows and not greater than signs.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starting to think this game will be the only time we see much of our youth. More an SANFL rehearsal than anything.

I was optimistic about a list refresh but as we get closer to R1 the side is shaping up to very similar to last year.

Of the young brigade Jones and Fogarty will play. But after that there’s a few names battling for just 2-3 spots at best. McHenry, Davis, Stengle, McAdam all a chance for a forward role. Maybe Butts if Hartigan doesn’t come up. Maybe Poholke.

Otherwise we will see primarily the same names who failed last year. I guess the question becomes how much can the new admin get out of those players, and how much the old affected their performances.
We don’t have enough old players to fill the 22

Kablamo.

I want to see kids as much as the next guy, but not if it means watching these kids copping 90 point floggings every week.
Crikey nobody is advocating to drop everyone over 24 and play teenagers only.

This is the anthem of the Crows Defence Force. We have to play all the old players or we will be just like Gold Coast! Gibbs and Mackay on the half back flank are the only thing between us and 90 point floggings every week!

Poor Gallucci.

Just when the spotlight gets put on him to lift his game and respond in what is a make or break season... he'll kick off by being on the sidelines for 3 weeks.

Like getting a flat tyre on the starting grid
All be it starting from the back of the grid

This is the anthem of the Crows Defence Force. We have to play all the old players or we will be just like Gold Coast! Gibbs and Mackay on the half back flank are the only thing between us and 90 point floggings every week!
Speaking of things nobody are advocating.

No they just believe in playing best 22, always have. This is the year to debate even this strategy, definitely debate who is in the best 22 if MacKay is picked.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Youve ended up pretty flat Pete, dont quite see why...... yet.

We werent going to have 10-12 kids in the side in R1, not when youve got guys like the Crouches, Walker, Sloane, Lynch, Laird, Milera and co all clearly in the best 22. That and ROB will take the place of Jacobs who inexplicably played out the season plus Doedee when fit. I think youll see Fog, Berg/Frampton, Stengle, McAdam, Jones, Neddy, Butts and/or McAsey along with Keays and maybe Crocker. That's 7-8 new or very near new faces who will take the field in R1.

If Mackay or Gibbs or god forbid both play, then thatll flatten things
Call it the DMac affect.

Whats the opposite of talisman ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back